Shearer or Beardsley?

Dr Gloom

Who was the greatest?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Beardsley the only player to play with and for Keegan?

The only possible one I can think of would be Kevin Scott but I think he would've missed out by a season or two for playing alongside KK.

Aye its a good one. I demand someone changes their vote!!

The two beardsley goals from 2:40 to 3:05 , are legendary in my memory.

Someone mentioned the number of goals Pedro scored vs Shearer,  but lets remember that Shearer scored a hell of a lot of penalties.

Edited by scoobos

Someone mentioned the number of goals Pedro scored vs Shearer,  but lets remember that Shearer scored a hell of a lot of penalties.

Perhaps beardsley should have put the time in and got better at penalties then.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alan-shearer/alletore/spieler/3110/plus/1?saison=&verein=762&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&minute=&pos=&torart=&stand=

Says 41 for us

Pedro might be the most underrated British player ever.

Definitely underated. If he played at Liverpool all of his career or arsenal, man U etc they'd still rave about him now in a way they reserve for the likes of Zola, Bergkamp and Cantona.

Definitely underated. If he played at Liverpool all of his career or arsenal, man U etc they'd still rave about him now in a way they reserve for the likes of Zola, Bergkamp and Cantona.

Zola was class but I always found him overrated in these shores, especially when in the past I'd hear people say that he was better than Roberto Baggio, I mean come on man.

Tim Vickery was on about Cantona the other day saying he managed to be brilliant over here due to the majority of teams playing a flat 442 and he was obviously clever enough to get loads of space between the lines, whereas when Man United played in Europe this wasn't the case which meant he struggled.

Bergkamp was unbelievable though, even if he was a dirty cunt. (Which he frequently admits)

Poor Haydnator caught only the tail end (if any) of Shearer, in fact the poor lad was probably only about for Sholas twilight years, I suppose he has got to witness Jack Colback in his prime mind. 

:lol:

Only saw Shearer once live, miles past his best at my first game, 2005 FA Cup 3rd Round tie at home to Mansfield Town. Dross game. Only things I remember is that we won 1-0, Shearer scored the winner with about 10 minutes to go and Mansfield had a player called Tipton.

Everytime I watch Colback a bit of me dies inside.

my first game, 2005 FA Cup 3rd Round tie at home to MIansfield Town. 

Sorry, but I'm seriously questioning people's parenting skills here.

Only saw Shearer once live, miles past his best at my first game, 2005 FA Cup 3rd Round tie at home to Mansfield Town. Dross game. Only things I remember is that we won 1-0, Shearer scored the winner with about 10 minutes to go and Mansfield had a player called Tipton.

Everytime I watch Colback a bit of me dies inside.

Ah mate, you've totally missed out. So who's been the best Newcastle player (pure ability, efficiency or otherwise) that you've seen live then?

Ah mate, you've totally missed out. So who's been the best Newcastle player (pure ability, efficiency or otherwise) that you've seen live then?

Ben Arfa was probably the most exciting. Cabaye was quality in 2011/12 too. So was Wijnaldum, when he was arsed in the first 9 home games of the season. Edited by Haydnator

Ben Arfa was probably the most exciting. Cabaye was quality in 2011/12 too. So was Wijnaldum, when he was arsed in the first 9 home games of the season.

Don't tell Gemmill, he'll kill you where you stand.

Does Gemmill even post any more? He's been AWOL for a while now. Presumably on Reddit with the other "cool" kids.

Now that he can just pop around to CT's, seems daft to log on, I suppose.