Squad for the Premier League

The Fish

Squad for the Prem  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would get shut of;

Krul
Sels

I think Darlow is a better keeper than both and Elliot is a decent back up and surly wage demands lower than Krul.

Colback - He should have gone ages ago
Anita 
Sammy
Perez - Too show pony esq and lightweight.

there is a lot of deadwood there who you wouldn't want starting in the top flight. squad players maybe, but we're talking about some who have been regulars this season but who should be nowhere near the first team against PL opposition. i'd include: 

dummett, gouffran, colback, sels, anita, games, lazar, sammy in that list. 

mitrovic and murphy can arguably also go if there's money to spend on better quality strikers. 

Perez will get much more from referees in the PL, so he will be fine as back up to the back up striker.

The rest of wykiktoon's list is on the money.

How about a poll of who from the championship you would like to see us in for?

I'd like to see Billing, Cairney, Beerens and Irvine from Burton in our squad.

Mooys because he can just interchange with Shelvey with no one noticing.

And test Celtic's resolve for Dembele.

Edited by sammynb

I'd like to see us getbin a quality centre half with top flight experience, preferably one who can pass a bit. Also a proper ball winning midfielder so we don't have to endure colback again, an experienced goal scorer and a proper number 10.

A proper left back is a must too. Let's start giving dummet a go at centre half. I think he might eventually make a decent centre half as defensively he's sound and could do alright alongside a sweeper type. I'll cry if he's still out first choice left back next season.

Expecting to see Colback win this by a landslide despite not being the worst player there :lol:

I've gone through this list 3 times and can't see any mention of a wheelbarrow anywhere.

I left off Gamez and Lazaar as I've not really seen enough of them, if they're not good enough to play over Dummett and Anita it does make me question them but maybe there's some other reason they're not playing.

Sels isn't even close to being good enough currently so I shudder to think how many goals we would concede with him palming the ball into onrushing attackers like Aguero, Zlatan, etc. I've made absolutely no secret of my disdain for Vurnon San Benito Anita or Jack Raymond Colback, even their middle names are shit man. Dummett isn't good enough either but he's fine as defensive cover for a tricky position, however if he's still a fucking starter we've done something wrong.

Sammy is a bag of shite, Gouffran's contract is up and I doubt we'll extend it. Atsu for 5m is a no brainer imo, even if he's only utilized as a sub/rotation option he is a real threat against tired full backs. De Jong is talented enough but he can't stand up without his lungs exploding. Mitrovic will be off if Rafa stays imo, Murphy isn't a PL player. Diame has been poor a fair bit but he can still be a handful, similar to Dummett in that if he's starting we've done something wrong but he's a fine option. Hanley is a Championship player, hopefully we buy a good CB and then either Clark or Lascelles become the back up, not opposed to having him as 4th choice mind (or 5th depending on whatever the fuck is going on with Mbemba).

Edited by Howay

I can't submit your silly poll because I have to pick someone from the bottom list and I don't want to.  Shocking incompetence.  <_<

I think all but Sels, Dummett, Colback and Anita might be ok for the squad.  

The only first-teamers I feel are safe for next season Darlow, Yedlin, two from Mbemba/Lascelles/Clark, Ritchie, Shelvey, one from Hayden/Perez, and one from Mitrovic/Gayle.

I can't submit your silly poll because I have to pick someone from the bottom list and I don't want to.  Shocking incompetence.   <_<

I think all but Sels, Dummett, Colback and Anita might be ok for the squad.  

The only first-teamers I feel are safe for next season Darlow, Yedlin, two from Mbemba/Lascelles/Clark, Ritchie, Shelvey, one from Hayden/Perez, and one from Mitrovic/Gayle.

That's why I selected Armstrong from that list :D Bit harsh on the lad but of all of them he's probably least ready for the PL.

Edited by Rayvin

An destroyer in midfield should be priority number 1, too many goals have been conceded this season from opposition breaking through the midfield.

Also can we rely on Gayle to get the goals next season? A proven striker at the highest level is what we want.

...................Gayle................

Perez...........................Joel Campbell.........

Unless they are going to spend massive money that is....ie a 20m striker or summink. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

CD I like Sven Van Beek. Not quite on the big radar yet. 6-7m

http://www.transfermarkt.com/sven-van-beek/profil/spieler/256718

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/04/29/scout-report-sven-van-beek-feyenoord-centre-back/

''He then moved up to the U19’s and after Karim Rekik and Nathan Ake moved to Manchester City and Chelsea respectfully, he moved across to centre-back and hugely impressed. It was also a position he enjoyed far more. Along with Terence Kongolo, he became the standout young central defender in the youth system at Feyenoord.  After continuing to impress for the under 19’s, van Beek was given his first professional contract in 2012.  He made his first team debut for the club against PSV in the KNVB Cup, on the 30th of January, 2013, and started his first league game in “De Klassieker” against Ajax on the 18th of August. He went on to make 15 appearances in total in the 13/14 season but struggled to get ahead of De Vrij, Martins-Indi and Mathijsen in the pecking order. This all changed in the summer of 2014, when there was a huge overhaul at the club.''

van-Beek.png

I left off Gamez and Lazaar as I've not really seen enough of them, if they're not good enough to play over Dummett and Anita it does make me question them but maybe there's some other reason they're not playing.

Sels isn't even close to being good enough currently so I shudder to think how many goals we would concede with him palming the ball into onrushing attackers like Aguero, Zlatan, etc. I've made absolutely no secret of my disdain for Vurnon San Benito Anita or Jack Raymond Colback, even their middle names are shit man. Dummett isn't good enough either but he's fine as defensive cover for a tricky position, however if he's still a fucking starter we've done something wrong.

Sammy is a bag of shite, Gouffran's contract is up and I doubt we'll extend it. Atsu for 5m is a no brainer imo, even if he's only utilized as a sub/rotation option he is a real threat against tired full backs. De Jong is talented enough but he can't stand up without his lungs exploding. Mitrovic will be off if Rafa stays imo, Murphy isn't a PL player. Diame has been poor a fair bit but he can still be a handful, similar to Dummett in that if he's starting we've done something wrong but he's a fine option. Hanley is a Championship player, hopefully we buy a good CB and then either Clark or Lascelles become the back up, not opposed to having him as 4th choice mind (or 5th depending on whatever the fuck is going on with Mbemba).

Pretty much agree with all of this.

The longer the season has gone on, the more I see the limitations of our squad. There are some players I'd say are good rotation options, but the only players I'd definitely trust next season are: Krul / Darlow / Elliot, Yedlin, Ritchie, Shelvey, Gayle.

So that's four outfield players, and we can't really be sure if Gayle will fire in the goals in the PL. Players like Lascelles, Clarke, Dummett, Hayden, Atsu, Diame, Mitrovic and Perez I'd want us to keep either as rotation options or playing alongside better players. For instance I wouldn't mind seeing Lascelles or Clarke play alongside a Jose Fonte type centre back, but if the two of them lined up together I'd be a bit worried.

I honestly think if we could add a top quality number 10 that would solve a lot of our problems. How much would Swansea want for Sigurdsson? Could we snatch Son from Tottenham? I notice Ritchie has played on the left a few times lately - a 'forward line' of Ritchie on the left, Townsend on the right, and Sigurdsson in behind Gayle would satisfy me.

No chance whatsoever of a player like Son, he plays most weeks for a CL level side.

I'm not overly worried about Gayle, he was often Palaces top scorer in the PL despite not starting all that regularly iirc. He's a good finisher and will get goals, it's going to be creativity that's more of an issue as you say which is why we need a creative attacking midfielder to play the role Diame/Perez have been occupying.

I'd love a forward line of Sigurdsson, Ritchie, Townsend, and Gayle. I suppose Sigurdsson is a big question mark over if he'd come mind, as if Swansea stay up he might fancy just staying there since he's already had one move not work out.

Edited by Howay

If we buy early in the window that will be a good sign. These would have been earmarked by Rafa. If we leave things late it might be a sign of confusion and bad communication/reluctance to spend too much.

One trouble I see, is that there's a few players who've been integral this season that might not be up to scratch in the Premier League; Gayle, Shelvey, Yedlin.

They've been good in the Championship no doubt, but it's not like it was last time, it was clear than Jonas, Coloccini, Enrique, Harper Taylor et al could do the job in the top flight.

Because there are so many new faces and so few with lots of Premier League experience, we may need to buy players from the Premier League and I can't imagine Ashley being ok with paying out for that.