Squad for the Premier League

The Fish

Squad for the Prem  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigurdsson would be a dream signing but I expect teams who are willing to spend more money will land him. Everton will probably reinvest part of whatever massive sum they get for Lukaku.

As for this, I have question marks over everyone bar Darlow, Shelvey, Gayle and Ritchie tbqh. The centre halves probably deserve a run in the side but I think they'll struggle. Yedlin is rapid but he'll get caught out in the PL. Dummett always looked shite up there. Hayden is still raw but there's definite ability there so I'd want a proper spoiler alongside Shelvey. Atsu, I'd probably sign on but think he'd be a back-up at best, Gouffran has done a job this season but it's time to gan. Perez might be better if he has less time to think since his brain breaks when that happens. Murphy has done his job but think he'd not be up to much, Mitrovic isn't as good as him as a target man so he'll be out the window.

The bottom of the Premier League is shit. Crap. Bollocks, in fact. A lot of what we do in terms of retaining the ball and being organised and well coached will help us stay up, even if investment isn't great IMO but you could quite clearly have a decent season, well away from all the shite if we put the money in first time of asking and let Rafa attract the kinds of lads we wouldn't normally get in this position. Also, if Graham Carr can retire, that'd help.

No chance whatsoever of a player like Son, he plays most weeks for a CL level side.

I'm not overly worried about Gayle, he was often Palaces top scorer in the PL despite not starting all that regularly iirc. He's a good finisher and will get goals, it's going to be creativity that's more of an issue as you say which is why we need a creative attacking midfielder to play the role Diame/Perez have been occupying.

I'd love a forward line of Sigurdsson, Ritchie, Townsend, and Gayle. I suppose Sigurdsson is a big question mark over if he'd come mind, as if Swansea stay up he might fancy just staying there since he's already had one move not work out.

Agreed Son is fanciful - he seems to be first replacement if Kane, Eriksen or Alli are injured. But from what we're saying, we could have pretty decent attacking options with an outlay of probably £25m. I'd then want to see a good midfield 'destroyer' to play alongside Shelvey, and a top quality centre back as priorities. If we got those and started the season with Dummett at left back I wouldn't be that displeased.

As for Shelvey, definitely think he's a very good PL player if managed properly. 

Agreed Son is fanciful - he seems to be first replacement if Kane, Eriksen or Alli are injured. But from what we're saying, we could have pretty decent attacking options with an outlay of probably £25m. I'd then want to see a good midfield 'destroyer' to play alongside Shelvey, and a top quality centre back as priorities. If we got those and started the season with Dummett at left back I wouldn't be that displeased.

As for Shelvey, definitely think he's a very good PL player if managed properly. 

Agreed, a bit of extra creativity is needed then a partner for Shelvey and a CB. Dummett is shite but could do enough in a squad whose aim is to avoid relegation, I'd look to improve on him in January or the following summer if we didn't improve on him next window mind. I agree with what AH was saying about the bottom of the PL, it's fucking turgid tbh and I'd fancy the current side with a few key additions and Rafa as manager to stay up.

Shelvey would be one of the last people I'd bother thinking about replacing, he can be inconsistent and a fucking divvie but he's a PL level player, as much as the pundits have made out that Mooy is the best CM in the league Shelvey is far and away better than that sideways passing fanny.

It's more about who we bring in next season than ship out imo.

Haven't seen enough of Lazaar and Gamez. The latter must have something to be at Atletico Madrid.

Get shot of Sels, Hanley, Sammy, Gouffran, Mitrovic and I hate to say it but Murphy. Been a canny servant for us but at his age and not really playing at PL level in his career we should go for better.

Just think Shelvey struggles to impact the game if he isn't getting plenty of time on the ball.

At times, but if he becomes one of the weaker members of the squad we'd have a pretty strong side by that point.

I'd get Rooney in if it possible.  Might get a couple of years out of him.

....and you wonder why we have this ridiculous reputation. :D

Rooney's next move will be a 200k a week move.

....and you wonder why we have this ridiculous reputation. :D

Rooney's next move will be a 200k a week move.

If West Ham are sniffing then I see no reason why we shouldn't. Maybe he is so rich he wants to stay in England rather than dragging his family to China.

other than the fact that we're unlikely to pay his wages, why is it so funny?

he's finished as a top 4 club/international striker, but he might have a few years left in him playing in a side aspiring for a top half finish. he strikes me as the type who'd want to a move to another PL side, to prove his doubters he can still cut it at the highest level (probably back to everton) rather than move to china or the states. 

i agree. just think he could do a job in a newly promoted side like ours, particularly as we don't have anyone who has really convinced asa number 10 in rafa's favourite 4-2-3-1 formation

i agree. just think he could do a job in a newly promoted side like ours, particularly as we don't have anyone who has really convinced asa number 10 in rafa's favourite 4-2-3-1 formation

He's undeniably much, much better than Diame or Perez have been, but there's more chance of Carrick coming to Newcastle than there is of Rooney. Too expensive, we're not the level he wants to play at, there's no sentimental factors...

Sigurdsson would be brilliant, Cairney would be exciting and both are much more likely than Rooney.

other than the fact that we're unlikely to pay his wages, why is it so funny?

he's finished as a top 4 club/international striker, but he might have a few years left in him playing in a side aspiring for a top half finish. he strikes me as the type who'd want to a move to another PL side, to prove his doubters he can still cut it at the highest level (probably back to everton) rather than move to china or the states. 

Because it's never going to happen for several very obvious reasons.

Because it's never going to happen for several very obvious reasons.

I can only think of one - our tight arse owner. I don't expect him to splash out massive money on an older player.

But I can see Rooney being tempted to see if he can still make it at another premier league club before he gives up. He's only still 31 or something. He'd be class for where we want to be next season.