Squad for the Premier League

The Fish

Squad for the Prem  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only think of one - our tight arse owner. I don't expect him to splash out massive money on an older player.

But I can see Rooney being tempted to see if he can still make it at another premier league club before he gives up. He's only still 31 or something. He'd be class for where we want to be next season.

:D

m9smit.jpg

I can only think of one - our tight arse owner. I don't expect him to splash out massive money on an older player.

But I can see Rooney being tempted to see if he can still make it at another premier league club before he gives up. He's only still 31 or something. He'd be class for where we want to be next season.

Rooney won't want to come is another reason.

Would we want him at the money he'd cost? He hasn't looked particularly good for Man U over the last couple of seasons. Is his form likely to improve any playing in a much poorer team?

Rooney won't want to come is another reason.

I wouldn't be so sure if the price was right, (which, I concede, it wouldn't be)

He's not going to get another top 6 club. Playing for Rafa might appeal.

Everton probably his most likely destination.

I wouldn't be so sure if the price was right, (which, I concede, it wouldn't be)

He's not going to get another top 6 club. Playing for Rafa might appeal.

Everton probably his most likely destination.

That's the thing isn't it.

Everton are currently much better than us, they've an all right chance of European football, he'd be playing alongside much better players, it's his "home" club, they'll be more willing to pay wages he's willing to accept etc. etc.

Would we want him at the money he'd cost? He hasn't looked particularly good for Man U over the last couple of seasons. Is his form likely to improve any playing in a much poorer team?

He definitely isn't the player he once was. But being the main man in a team again might give him a new lease of life. Conversely, it is a gamble with the wedge he's on if it confirms he's past it. I'd still take him over any of our current options at number 10. Plus he brings experience, and a player the younger ones would look up to.

Exactly the sort of signing Keegan would be looking to make if he were in charge, I reckon. A couple of experience players in the mix are vital for newly promoted sides.

That's the thing isn't it.

Everton are currently much better than us, they've an all right chance of European football, he'd be playing alongside much better players, it's his "home" club, they'll be more willing to pay wages he's willing to accept etc. etc.

I don't for a minute expect him to end up here. Just saying he'd be a good fit if our owner could bring himself to pay top whack for a player with no sell on value, which he won't.

Aye but it would need to be at the right price. On the pitch he probably isn't worth any more than £80k pw. That'd obviously be inflated by his endorsement/sponsorship value.

If would be financially difficult even with a different owner, plus there'd be other suitors who are more attractive and he's said that the only other English club he'd play for is Everton. Then there's the money that would be available to play abroad in places like New York, LA, China, etc.

It's never going to happen so it's all moot

i didn't know he'd said the only other english club he'd play for is everton. i guess otherwise he could maybe see out his career in the states. can't see him and his mrs loving china. 

i didn't know he'd said the only other english club he'd play for is everton. i guess otherwise he could maybe see out his career in the states. can't see him and his mrs loving china. 

Well, given how motivated by money he seems to be I wouldn't rule out China or an English club other than Everton, despite what he said. I would, however, rule us out ;)