Newcastle United vs Burton - 05/04/2017

The Fish

NUFC v BAFC  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

C8j1qnlW0AAnNRe.jpg

Another 'professional' if not exactly dazzling performance, but a better scoreline: 2-0

NUFC to Score
0 -
1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, barnabox, @yourservice
2 - The Fish, Rayvin, Ant, rogerbarton, David Kelly, acrossthepond, OTF, Anorthernsoul, wykikitoon, BenarPHa, Tom, rob032, Dougle, LooneyToony, Happy Face
3 - Andrew, strawb, ewerk, Howay, tooner, MiddleAgeCool, Kitman, Graing, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff
4+ - StoneColdStephenIreland, adios, Dr Gloom, ohhh_yeah

NUFC to Concede
0 - The Fish, Andrew, StoneColdStephenIreland, strawb, rogerbarton, adios, Kevin Carr's Gloves, David Kelly, acrossthepond, ewerk, Howay, OTF, Anorthernsoul, MiddleAgeCool, wykikitoon, Kitman, Tom, Graing, Dr Gloom, Dougle, LooneyToony, Happy Face, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff
1 - Rayvin, Ant, tooner, BenarPHa, barnabox, rob032, ohhh_yeah
2 -
3 - @yourservice
4+ -

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa Benitez press conference: key points

No Clark or Yedlin

Rafa is NOT looking at the gap between United and Huddersfield as ten points

Burton will see tomorrow’s game as their ‘game of the season’

Benitez ‘likes his job’ when asked if he’s enjoyed the season

It's a shame Clark is missing again as I think he's clearly shown he is our most capable CB this season.  If Anita can put in a performance anywhere close to what he did at the weekend that will mitigate Yedlin being gone as he actually played the ball forward and found Ritchie in some good positions.

I went for 3-0 to our lot, no reason why it's just hope more than anything and I agree with StoneCold that our lot are due a game where everything clicks.

I think we're due to stuff someone so I'm going for 4-0. They just beat Huddersfield away and will probably be mentally and physically drained from playing and winning against a top team away from home.

We'll never stuff anyone with Rafa's system unfortunately.

Just looked out of interest, games won by a 3+ margin:

Newcastle 4 - 1 Reading

QPR 0 - 6 Newcastle

Newcastle 3 - 0 Ipswich

Newcastle 6 - 0 PNE

Newcastle 4 - 0 Birmingham

Newcastle 4 - 0 Rotherham

Aye was going to say we've dished out a lot of kickings this season compared to the prior 5 years or so. We also wiped the floor with Spurs 5-1 at the end of last season.

Stuffing teams ~13% of the time :lol:

Just checked, because I'm bored and I guess I'm morphing into Fish.

League games won by 3+ goal margin:

2015/16 = 3 (including the Spurs win by Rafa)

2014/15 = 1

2013/14 = 4

2012/13 = 1

So taking out the PNE cup game it's been 5 in the league this season. We're areet man.

Went to the 2011/12 season (season we finished 5th) and we got 2 wins by 3+ goals in the league (Stoke and Man Utd), we lost 4 by the same 3+ margin (Wigan, Fulham, Chelsea, and Spurs) #TheKing.

Edited by Howay

Just checked, because I'm bored and I guess I'm morphing into Fish.

League games won by 3+ goal margin:

2015/16 = 3 (including the Spurs win by Rafa)

2014/15 = 1

2013/14 = 4

2012/13 = 1

So taking out the PNE cup game it's been 5 in the league this season. We're areet man.

Went to the 2011/12 season (season we finished 5th) and we got 2 wins by 3+ goals in the league (Stoke and Man Utd), we lost 4 by the same 3+ margin (Wigan, Fulham, Chelsea, and Spurs).

Own it.Earn it.

Or just get some more exercise.

Here, fuck off, stress has made the weight just drop off. Basically look like a bald Olympic diver.

Here, fuck off, stress has made the weight just drop off. Basically look like a bald Olympic diver.

I'm not in a position to throw stones atm anyway. ;)

2-1 I've gone. Just don't trust us to keep a clean sheet at the minute, think the lads at the back are feeling the pressure more than the likes of Ritchie, Gayle, Shelvey. Think we'll have enough to win though.