Newcastle United vs Burton - 05/04/2017

The Fish

NUFC v BAFC  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thank fuck we won after yet another completely ridiculous referee. Surely the ref has to think to himself if that was the rule why the fuck would any attacking player go near the box? If a free kick the other way was given any time there was encroachment barely any pens would result in a goal until attackers stopped trying to charge in. 

I'm not even giving the bloke any respect for "owning up" as it's easy to do when we went on to win the match despite his pathetic display. As I said earlier in the thread the bloke shouldn't be allowed to ref another game until he takes some sort of refresher course as he clearly has an issue with his knowledge of the rules. The most concerning part for me is what others have brought up, that he had a discussion with the other officials and was no doubt told it was a re-take not a free kick for Burton but pressed on with his ridiculous decision anyway. If you've never seen it before it's likely not a rule tbf.

Anyway fuck the officiating in this shit league, thanks to Rafa and the lads we'll most likely not be seeing it next season. Good home win to put us back top, completely dominated the game by the look of the stats and going off what I heard 1st half (wasn't able to listen to the 2nd half, I'll no doubt watch if the club hoy the game up on their site). As people pointed out this one was bound to be narrow as Burton were always likely to spend 90 minutes lined up on their goal line, which is what they pretty much did. Roll on next match tbh. 

Like shite, he should be forced to referee loads of games for the rest of the season, while off his tits. Balance it out y'see. I don't want other clubs benefiting from us highlighting his idiocy.

By the way, I think HF and I should count this as a 2-0 win.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you feeling more confident now then?

After getting all 3 points last night after that bizzare penalty decision yes. As i said this is a horrible league & will really suit Sunderland who could be down here for years

NUFC to Score
0 -
1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, barnabox, @yourservice
2 - The Fish, Rayvin, Ant, rogerbarton, David Kelly, acrossthepond, OTF, Anorthernsoul, wykikitoon, BenarPHa, Tom, rob032, Dougle, LooneyToony, Happy Face
3 - Andrew, strawb, ewerk, Howay, tooner, MiddleAgeCool, Kitman, Graing, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff
4+ - StoneColdStephenIreland, adios, Dr Gloom, ohhh_yeah

NUFC to Concede
0 - The Fish, Andrew, StoneColdStephenIreland, strawb, rogerbarton, adios, Kevin Carr's Gloves, David Kelly, acrossthepond, ewerk, Howay, OTF, Anorthernsoul, MiddleAgeCool, wykikitoon, Kitman, Tom, Graing, Dr Gloom, Dougle, LooneyToony, Happy Face, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff
1 - Rayvin, Ant, tooner, BenarPHa, barnabox, rob032, ohhh_yeah
2 -
3 - @yourservice
4+ -

We could win a 15 to 3 vote if we decided to have one on whether Newcastle really scored 2.

NUFC to Score

0 -

1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, barnabox, @yourservice

2 - The Fish, Rayvin, Ant, rogerbarton, David Kelly, acrossthepond, OTF, Anorthernsoul, wykikitoon, BenarPHa, Tom, rob032, Dougle, LooneyToony, Happy Face

3 - Andrew, strawb, ewerk, Howay, tooner, MiddleAgeCool, Kitman, Graing, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff

4+ - StoneColdStephenIreland, adios, Dr Gloom, ohhh_yeah

NUFC to Concede

0 - The Fish, Andrew, StoneColdStephenIreland, strawb, rogerbarton, adios, Kevin Carr's Gloves, David Kelly, acrossthepond, ewerk, Howay, OTF, Anorthernsoul, MiddleAgeCool, wykikitoon, Kitman, Tom, Graing, Dr Gloom, Dougle, LooneyToony, Happy Face, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff

1 - Rayvin, Ant, tooner, BenarPHa, barnabox, rob032, ohhh_yeah

2 -

3 - @yourservice

4+ -

We could win a 15 to 3 vote if we decided to have one on whether Newcastle really scored 2.

We should have a referendum.

BTW, was asked to entertain one of PL's mates last night who is a Southampton supporter and working up here for 3 weeks. (I've got PL's season ticket which he used). The bloke was a canny enough kid but unfortunately for him he ended up in our round and I don't think the lad will have relished getting up for graft today. :lol:

BTW, was asked to entertain one of PL's mates last night who is a Southampton supporter and working up here for 3 weeks. (I've got PL's season ticket which he used). The bloke was a canny enough kid but unfortunately for him he ended up in our round and I don't think the lad will have relished getting up for graft today. :lol:

I've been on the other end of something similar. Was going to the funeral of a friend's dad on the Saturday, so stayed with a mate of theirs on the Friday. He's a massive Yorkshire builder, basically a viking in a flatcap. I've met him a couple of times before so I thought it'd be fine, but things started to go awry as me, him and his wife sat down for dinner. 3 bottles between us, then he says we're off to the pub for a few. He drinks much faster than me so I was throwing back the last 3rd to try and not be rude, then we go to a craft ale bar and I he insisted I drink a pint of 12% lager, then back to his for a whisky and a port. :puke:

People at the funeral were dead sympathetic, under the assumption that my miserable face, occasional disappearances & near total silence was because I was devastated about the deceased. 

I've been on the other end of something similar. Was going to the funeral of a friend's dad on the Saturday, so stayed with a mate of theirs on the Friday. He's a massive Yorkshire builder, basically a viking in a flatcap. I've met him a couple of times before so I thought it'd be fine, but things started to go awry as me, him and his wife sat down for dinner. 3 bottles between us, then he says we're off to the pub for a few. He drinks much faster than me so I was throwing back the last 3rd to try and not be rude, then we go to a craft ale bar and I he insisted I drink a pint of 12% lager, then back to his for a whisky and a port. :puke:

People at the funeral were dead sympathetic, under the assumption that my miserable face, occasional disappearances & near total silence was because I was devastated about the deceased.

We never drank a ton just quick drinking which round drinking inevitably leads to. I was fucked this morning as the first inklings of a cold I felt coming on kicked in big time when I went to bed. Proper mouth breathing, a tongue like Gandhi's flip flops, heartburn, shitting through the eye of a needle and a sore heed. PL's mate left a bit earlier but he had to be up for work. Safe to say he wouldn't have been in a good place this morning when his alarm clock went off. :lol:

We never drank a ton just quick drinking which round drinking inevitably leads to. I was fucked this morning as the first inklings of a cold I felt coming on kicked in big time when I went to bed. Proper mouth breathing, a tongue like Gandhi's flip flops, heartburn, shitting through the eye of a needle and a sore heed. PL's mate left a bit earlier but he had to be up for work. Safe to say he wouldn't have been in a good place this morning when his alarm clock went off. :lol:

Lager drinkers seem to drink quicker than me, I've convinced myself it's because most Lager is pretty shit if it's not ice cold and fizzy.

Lager drinkers seem to drink quicker than me, I've convinced myself it's because most Lager is pretty shit if it's not ice cold and fizzy.

There was only a couple of lager drinkers, I was on Guinness, the rest were on different types of ipa's etc.

There was only a couple of lager drinkers, I was on Guinness, the rest were on different types of ipa's etc.

You drink Guiness quickly? You're a monster.

(I've no idea how quickly you should drink Guiness as years at Leeds Uni watching Guiness-centred faux-Irish forced fun on Paddy's Day put me off it forever)

You drink Guiness quickly? You're a monster.

(I've no idea how quickly you should drink Guiness as years at Leeds Uni watching Guiness-centred faux-Irish forced fun on Paddy's Day put me off it forever)

I'm drinking lager less and less, I'd try something a little lighter than Guinness but I do quite like it and last time, (years ago), I had a bitter it was fucking rank. (It was theakston's best bitter).

all this talk of beer's got my wheels turning. Think it was on here someone talked about Left Luggage at Monkseaton, looks right up my street. And next time I'm up I'm definitely going there before or after a match to try a few of theirs

The Burton players were straight over to him for encroahment, but they also had players in the box too.

The Burton player nearest Gayle and the ref was looking for encroachment and nothing else.A number of Burton players then joined in with the encroachment claims.Is this a tactic of their's when they concede a penalty.