Championship Run In

The Fish

Championship Run In  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah I've seen you get called similar on the mackems message board.

They're not much fun at the minute. Combination of "woe is me" and "Looking forward to the Championship, me".

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure?  They've replaced 'mag at work' with 'Mags wanting tickets..' and endless threads about Moyes not being sacked without thinking that he may of know the state of this season at the start of the year and just been told relegation wouldn't be the worst thing.    You also get the odd diamond in the rough where they try and guess what huge plan we've got for them in retaliation for their planes without even thinking that we've not given it any thought.  Muppets the lot of them.

:lol: Why would any of us spend money to pay for a plane with a pathetic banner? Them getting relegated isn't an event for NUFC fans older than 18, I get that us going down is enough to make grown men on their side cry and hug their children but they're fucking losers. I expect this of them, since they last got promoted they've fought relegation every season bar about 2 of them (under Bruce and they fucking hated him because "he's a maggie cunt").

I'm hopeful that last season was the last time we'll encounter them in the league for a long long time, hopefully they fade into battlers in the Championship and below like Sheffield United etc.

Have to say, I have literally no interest in spending actual money on a shitty plane to drag a shitty phrase printed on a shitty banner across the shitty sky.

No problem with some gloating and if there was something original and witty I'd be behind it. As it stands the only thing I've seen is a suspect bloke on facebook asking people to transfer him some money.

Best thing we could do is collect a shit load of money for the foodbanks, for Bradley and the like. Do it as a celebration of our promotion and make sure it's got fuck all to do with their relegation.

:cuppa:

:lol: Another thing you didn't get, the years and years of the Mackems being a complete yo-yo side. The only downside is they escaped the fucking howkings some of the Robson and Keegan teams would have given them due to their position in the 2nd division. It's okay though they'll be doon for the next 10 year of your life at least.

Good Friday, resurrection and all that.

Just looking at the form table, both Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham are stuttering. Fulham have only won once since beating us - against Rotherham!

I actually wouldn't rule out Preston at this stage. 19 from their last 10 and 5 points behind with 6 games to go...

Based on the current form of top teams, the run in games, and our defeat at Sheffield, I think we will unfortunately finish second to Brighton but we will be promoted.

From their last 5 games Brighton have gained 12 points from a possible 15, whereas we have only gained 7 points from a possible 15 in our last 5 games.

On paper Brighton definitely have the easier last 5 games which are against, 10th, 11th, 15th, 21st, placed teams, plus 2nd bottom Wigan.

Ours are against 5th, 9th, 13th, 14th, and 17th placed teams.

Huddersfield have 6 games left against, 7th, 8th, 9th,14th, 15th, and 18th placed teams, which is probably the hardest.

However, if they were to win all six, which is unlikely, but you never can tell, it will give them 92 points. In that scenario we would need 8 points from our last 5 games to stay above them with 93 points.

I can't see Brighton falling apart in their last 5 games and dropping too many points, and it's up to Rafa and our squad to see that we rack-up some points and finish with a flourish., rather than with tails between legs.

Based on the current form of top teams, the run in games, and our defeat at Sheffield, I think we will unfortunately finish second to Brighton but we will be promoted.

From their last 5 games Brighton have gained 12 points from a possible 15, whereas we have only gained 7 points from a possible 15 in our last 5 games.

On paper Brighton definitely have the easier last 5 games which are against, 10th, 11th, 15th, 21st, placed teams, plus 2nd bottom Wigan.

Ours are against 5th, 9th, 13th, 14th, and 17th placed teams.

Huddersfield have 6 games left against, 7th, 8th, 9th,14th, 15th, and 18th placed teams, which is probably the hardest.

However, if they were to win all six, which is unlikely, but you never can tell, it will give them 92 points. In that scenario we would need 8 points from our last 5 games to stay above them with 93 points.

I can't see Brighton falling apart in their last 5 games and dropping too many points, and it's up to Rafa and our squad to see that we rack-up some points and finish with a flourish., rather than with tails between legs.

Agree with Brighton finishing above us Noelle. Do you see us finishing 2nd a disappointing season or is promotion ultimately the main goal?

Based on the current form of top teams, the run in games, and our defeat at Sheffield, I think we will unfortunately finish second to Brighton but we will be promoted.

From their last 5 games Brighton have gained 12 points from a possible 15, whereas we have only gained 7 points from a possible 15 in our last 5 games.

On paper Brighton definitely have the easier last 5 games which are against, 10th, 11th, 15th, 21st, placed teams, plus 2nd bottom Wigan.

Ours are against 5th, 9th, 13th, 14th, and 17th placed teams.

However, if they were to win all six, which is unlikely, but you never can tell, it will give them 92 points. In that scenario we would need 8 points from our last 5 games to stay above them with 93 points.

I can't see Brighton falling apart in their last 5 games and dropping too many points, and it's up to Rafa and our squad to see that we rack-up some points and finish with a flourish., rather than with tails between legs.

Don't disagree with any of this.

We've a very good record against sides in the middle 3rd, best in the division in fact. 2.31PpG over 13 games, only losing once and we've only failed to score once in these games (Wolves). Brighton have dropped 14 points from a possible 36 in games against midtable sides.

I'm hoping that those we meet (Ips, Pre, Car, Bar) have all clocked off for the summer. And looking at the table, they should have; 

Ipswich are 9pts clear of 22nd with 15 to play for, and they've 4 teams between them and danger.

Preston are 8pts off the Play Off spots and by the time we meet them they may have already run out of time.

Cardiff are as mid-table as it gets, 15pts off the drop, 14pts off the Play Offs. They'll have their boots off and the flip flops on, surely?

Finally, last game of the season, at home, Barnsley. They'll have nowt to play for, hopefully we'll be either gunning for the top spot, or parading the trophy.

I'd also say that Brighton have to face Norwich and Villa, who are better teams than their league position, imo.

it would be nice to win it, but rafa's done his job. hopefully, limping over the line would hammer home to ashley that rafa has done an amazing job with the resources - look at the two other teams who went down with us - and convince him of the need for heavy investment in the summer. 

No.  If we're hanging on to guarantee promotion before starting work on facilities though then i think limping over the line to emphasise the need for new players is more of a negative.

In reality I don't think anything will happen on either front even after we secure promotion.

They might start from scratch again on the planning/costing, but we'll wait another few years for anything to start, if ever.  Similarly don't think we'll change to buying players based on football needs rather than out of budgetry considerations either.

• 2 weeks later...

106 - Highest Champions Points Total

93 - Highest 2nd Place Points Total (i.e. not Champions)

92 - Average Needed for Champions.....Brighton

89 - Highest 3rd Place Points Total (i.e.not Auto Promoted)

87 - Average Needed For Promotion

85.....Newcastle

81 - Lowest Champions Points Total

79 - Lowest Automatic Promotion Total.....Reading

78 - Highest 7th Place Points Total (i.e not making Play-offs).....Huddersfield

75.....Sheffield Wednesday

73 - Average Needed for Play-Offs.....Fulham, Leeds

68 - Lowest Play-off Position Total

63.....Norwich, Derby

62 - Average Needed for Top Half

61.....Preston

60.....Brentford