Championship Run In

The Fish

Championship Run In  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His English is better than that in fairness.

I agree my typings rubbish i've just noticed it, but i think my points are valid

Edited by trooper

Got to disagree we need to know if hes staying, sooner rather than later at the moment its the elephant in the room. Hopefully thingscwill be clearer tomorrow night.

Supposing it's 50/50 that he's staying, and then suppose he does decide to leave; the timing of any announcement won't be governed by the wishes of the supporters. It's just a bizzare thing to request tbh. If he's going to leave then when it's announced is irrelevent iyam.

Troops, if he gets fucked over in the summer he'll go. He might even go sooner if they tell him 'early doors' he's getting a pittance. The latter probably won't happen as they'll bottle telling him to late on. Anyway, you're not going to get the answer you want tomorrow, mate.

1.)What did/didnt happen in the January window

2.)The press conference before the QPR game when he seemed like somebody totally out of the loop when asked we hadnt signed anyone

3.)His body language on the touchline during the QPR game

4.) The way he looked after the Ipswich defeat

Everything leads back to the January window, the drop in form, Rafa's body language i'm wondering how much damage was done in January with Ashley's interfering i'd just like to hear Rafa saying "i'm stay to finish the job"

These are reasonable points and I'm worried about him going too.

But knowing whether or not he's going doesn't change the outcome in any positive way.  In fact, it could be a negative (have an unsettling effect) .

I don't reckon he's going to walk unless he has another job lined up, he likes managing too much.

The only time he's been out of work is when he got sacked, he'll not resign from here unless we fail to go up which is now very unlikely.

Otherwise it'll take an approach from someone he fancies managing or him getting sacked for him to go.

Troops I reckon you're reading a lot into "body language" rather than actual happenings there and sounding a little like a bloke who knows his mrs is well out of his league.

Troops I reckon you're reading a lot into "body language" rather than actual happenings there and sounding a little like a bloke who knows his mrs is well out of his league.

:lol:  This is also a fair point.

To be fair he had a similar win % to Steve McClaren and even though McClaren liked a good 3-4 days off a week I think Kinnear not bothering with training every single day to watch his tv programmes means he has a better performance to effort given ratio.

We've had some truly shite managers under Ashley like what a fucking bellend of a bloke Ashley is.

Ashley took his £18m personal loan back out in December and invested another £15m through a parent company.

That suggests that what the club has, it can spend and there won't be more repayments to Ashley one PL status is confirmed.

With £40m profit from sissoko and Wijnaldum coming in installments, a new shirt sponsor, increased PL media income and one of the smallest top flight wage bills, there's plenty of scope to invest.

Issue won't be the amount he gets to spend, but whether he can choose where it is spent, and whether the club are half arsed in chasing his targets which they feel aren't good value.

He did invest under McClaren tbf and I do think you're right logically and he appears to be serious about reinvesting all income back into the club.

It's just that Ashley has a record of doing seemingly irrational things.

(Twice!)

He's at his heart a pathological penny-pincher.  He's built his entire empire on it.

Edited by adios

Ashley took his £18m personal loan back out in December and invested another £15m through a parent company.

That suggests that what the club has, it can spend and there won't be more repayments to Ashley one PL status is confirmed.

With £40m profit from sissoko and Wijnaldum coming in installments, a new shirt sponsor, increased PL media income and one of the smallest top flight wage bills, there's plenty of scope to invest.

Issue won't be the amount he gets to spend, but whether he can choose where it is spent, and whether the club are half arsed in chasing his targets which they feel aren't good value.

Come on, they know it'll be curtains if they mess him about. If January hasn't been resolved internally already then he's probably already planning to leave. If he stays he'll get backed

This, in particular, is my concern.

I honestly thought Charnley's head would roll after the last window, and I worry it's him or Rafa in the summer.  He just seems to be completely fucking incompetent.

Come on, they know it'll be curtains if they mess him about. If January hasn't been resolved internally already then he's probably already planning to leave. If he stays he'll get backed

Ashley's model in every aspect of his life is buy low and sell high. It Rafa wants to spend £25m on a defender he won't be able to bear it.

Ashley doesn't give a fuck if Rafa walks once we're up. If fans stop going he'll just slash season ticket prices again. Plenty of people who want a few cheap days out will take him up on it.

This, in particular, is my concern.

I honestly thought Charnley's head would roll after the last window, and I worry it's him or Rafa in the summer. He just seems to be completely fucking incompetent.

Agree. Agree. Agree.

I'd almost rather Charnley goes than Ashley. The only reason to choose Ashley ahead of him would be that the new owner would immediately fire Charnley anyway.

I imagine there'll be up front discussion about budgets and who's spending it though. I think Ashley would care if Rafa fucks off. We'd be left managerless with an understrength squad. Which would probably be relegated again. Ashley's a loose cannon sure but I think it's a bit irrational to think he'd be that stupid

Ashley's model in every aspect of his life is buy low and sell high. It Rafa wants to spend £25m on a defender he won't be able to bear it.

Ashley doesn't give a fuck if Rafa walks once we're up. If fans stop going he'll just slash season ticket prices again. Plenty of people who want a few cheap days out will take him up on it.

I think that last paragraph is bonkers like. He's got one of the top managers in world football managing his investment. He'll want to keep him.

I think that last paragraph is bonkers like. He's got one of the top managers in world football managing his investment. He'll want to keep him.

Course he will, but he'll prioritise the transfer policy that brought Sissoko and Wijnaldum over it. Unquestionably.

Unquestionably? I think it's reasonable to question if he'd be willing to risk relegation and the sending the club into what would be undoubtedly turmoil. Why would he not just be upfront with Rafa about the transfer policy and get another manager in? To suggest he'll lead Rafa on into the summer and half arsededly chase his targets is irrational and daft