Bread making.

Park Life

Was thinking of getting another machine as I used to use it 2/3 times a week.

But then there is quick methods that just need an oven.

Any veterans in here and how do you do it?

There aren't really that many quick methods if you're getting rid of the bread maker, but hand kneaded bread is much better IMO. You're also more in control of your own ingredients.

You can make the dough the night before and let it proove in the fridge if that's what you're after for the next day.

If you do go down the oven method Parky my little tip is to spray the top part of the loaf with a bit of water, as this way you'll get a better crust.

I also put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven as the steam means there's less chance of the bread drying out.

Get yourself a pizza stone too.

There aren't really that many quick methods if you're getting rid of the bread maker, but hand kneaded bread is much better IMO. You're also more in control of your own ingredients.

You can make the dough the night before and let it proove in the fridge if that's what you're after for the next day.

If you do go down the oven method Parky my little tip is to spray the top part of the loaf with a bit of water, as this way you'll get a better crust.

I also put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven as the steam means there's less chance of the bread drying out.

Get yourself a pizza stone too.

Thanks mate. Water at the bottom of the oven is something I haven't tried sounds good.

I use the plant sprayer to moisten various backing activities which also doubles as the cat deterrent. :D

Are you using 50/50 wholegrain and white?

Thanks mate. Water at the bottom of the oven is something I haven't tried sounds good.

I use the plant sprayer to moisten various backing activities which also doubles as the cat deterrent. :D

Are you using 50/50 wholegrain and white?

Do all sorts. Spelt is quite good too.

• 2 weeks later...