Latest Newcastle United Accounts revealed 2015/16

trooper

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how Charnley has basically said we wouldn't have had any money last summer if it weren't for the owner. Forgetting, of course, that he should shoulder a fair amount of blame for us ever being relegated in the first place.

We still made a small profit over this period, but next year's results will be the painful ones. It shouldn't matter too much if we have been promoted by then like. 

Ok, having read all of that... if relegation has fucked us as much as this seems, why in hell is Charnley still in a job? Relegation was entirely avoidable, and his dithering was what sent us down. 

Moderating supporter expectations is all well and good, but at the end of the day Charnley has set us back an extra £33m with Ashley, which is probably another year or two (on the probably two decades it'll take) for him to pay himself back.

Aye Charnley can do his rip, the way he's 'getting his excuses in' is a bit worrying.

I understand that we're bound to not have the same level of money coming in after relegation but the Chronicle discusses how we've missed out on the raised tv money of this season, but that shouldn't effect our accounts negatively as we never got that money the difference from the old tv money and the Championship money is what would impact us and aren't the parachute payments based off this years PL money? if so that would help and reduce the gap if anything, so while we've 'missed out' on that heightened income it has helped at least partially cover that hole. 

Of course if we're looking at the opportunity cost then aye we missed out on the heightened PL money, but that's exactly why every NUFC wanted Charnley gone. I understand Ashley is the root problem but Charnley's dithering over McClaren cost us big style and I still genuinely have no idea why Ashley is keeping him in that role, he seemingly had to step in and force Charnley to do it anyway so at that point why not just get rid of his role make the decisions directly. I understand he's a target but it's not like anyone is fooled and doesn't think Ashley is the cause of all this turmoil.

Edited by Howay

Aye Charnley can do his rip, the way he's 'getting his excuses in' is a bit worrying.

I understand that we're bound to not have the same level of money coming in after relegation but the Chronicle discusses how we've missed out on the raised tv money of this season, but that shouldn't effect our accounts negatively as we never got that money the difference from the old tv money and the Championship money is what would impact us and aren't the parachute payments based off this years PL money? if so that would help and reduce the gap if anything, so while we've 'missed out' on that heightened income it has helped at least partially cover that hole. 

Aye but what benefit is there in talking up the club's financial clout? I can't actually think of a single one. Talking us up will allow other clubs to try and rip us off, will mean fans will get ahead of themselves and leaves them in a position where they're accused of making false promises, and so on. There's not one single benefit that I can think of, for Charnley to come out and say that we're going to be fine with a significant budget for the summer. It's not like there are shareholders to consider here (beyond Ashley who presumably knows what's going on).

That said, we likely aren't going to be spending very much. But then, even if we were £50m in profit, Ashley would just pocket 60% of it anyway.

Aye but what benefit is there in talking up the club's financial clout? I can't actually think of a single one. Talking us up will allow other clubs to try and rip us off, will mean fans will get ahead of themselves and leaves them in a position where they're accused of making false promises, and so on. There's not one single benefit that I can think of, for Charnley to come out and say that we're going to be fine with a significant budget for the summer. It's not like there are shareholders to consider here (beyond Ashley who presumably knows what's going on).

That said, we likely aren't going to be spending very much. But then, even if we were £50m in profit, Ashley would just pocket 60% of it anyway.

While there is logic to that, we both know that isn't Charnley's thinking.

You don't have to go round yelling that it's going to be 'disastrous' to get the point across either. My post was mainly targeting what the Chronicle was saying though, for me it was just further proof that they have been attached to Ashley's arsehole like that human centipede film.  

While there is logic to that, we both know that isn't Charnley's thinking.

You don't have to go round yelling that it's going to be 'disastrous' to get the point across either. My post was mainly targeting what the Chronicle was saying though, for me it was just further proof that they have been attached to Ashley's arsehole like that human centipede film.  

Aye well that's true, especially that bit about how we spent £80m and all it did was get us relegated, as if not spending that would have given us a different outcome :lol:

Aye well that's true, especially that bit about how we spent £80m and all it did was get us relegated, as if not spending that would have given us a different outcome :lol:

:lol: Exactly.

They've hyped the big spending and the increased wage bill, but it was actually lower than the wages were in 2014 (even with McClaren's lump sum payoff) because they dropped £13m for the season they're using as a comparison.  So relegation shouldn't have been such a shock if wages have gone down while all other clubs spend more.

Key facts:

*Charnley has still done nothing to increase revenue

* Mike Ashley has taken money out personally and put it back in through a limited company

*We wouldn't be able to survive without his benevolence

*No one could have possibly have predicted relegation at any point up until we were actually relegated. No one.

*But despite all the shite on the field we recorded a sixth consecutive year of profit. Six in a row! Six in a row!

at the end of the day Charnley has set us back an extra £33m with Ashley, which is probably another year or two (on the probably two decades it'll take) for him to pay himself back.

It answers the question as to why Rafa wasn't allowed to spend the £30m transfer profit in January.

Not quite @@Rayvin

We're £15m worse off immediately. £33m was paid as £18m to Ashley personally (by St James Holdings - still Ashley) and £15m to NUFC.  Club could have been in profit and not needed that if we got the money from transfers immediately, but they they confirm that the transfer profit realised will come in installments.  Obvious question is whether those installments  next year will go to paying off loans that had to be taken.

Not quite @@Rayvin

We're £15m worse off immediately. £33m was paid as £18m to Ashley personally (by St James Holdings - still Ashley) and £15m to NUFC.  Club could have been in profit and not needed that if we got the money from transfers immediately, but they they confirm that the transfer profit realised will come in installments.  Obvious question is whether those installments  next year will go to paying off loans that had to be taken.

the-accountant-ben-affleck-chris-wolff-6