Anyone play adventure games?

adios

I grew up playing classic adventure games of the early 90s, and increasingly it's all I play.  Standouts from back in the day are anything by LucasArts, the Gabriel Knight series and the Tex Murphy series.  And the Broken Sword series and Grim Fandango a bit later.

I went through a period a bit obsessed with collecting the best of them, as you can see:

https://isthereanydeal.com/u/gx6b7/collection/

I was more addicted to collecting them than playing them for a long time but have recently been making time to regularly play them.

Best of the modern lot are probably the Blackwell series.

Just finished "Going Home".  It's a very different and unique game and only point and click adventure in the loosest sense.  There's really only a couple of incredibly easy puzzles in the whole game.

I don't know who to recommend it to, but if you're looking for something to kill a few hours, are into narrative heavy games, and get emotionally involved it's a great trip.

Aye, really looking forward to playing that one.  Massive Ron Gilbert fanboy, obviously.

Have you played it yet?

I can easily spare an hour a day or more for playing games, it just tends to be at unsociable hours.  

If you cunts would stay up for a session from 2-6am I'd be grand. <_<

Aye, really looking forward to playing that one.  Massive Ron Gilbert fanboy, obviously.

Have you played it yet?

Not yet, still working through Horizon in what spare time I actually have. I'm going to pencil it in next though on the back of the reviews

When do you sleep then?

All over the shop tbh.  If I'm being good and sticking to a 24hr cycle, then maybe 4am-12pm on average, but often awake 30+ hours and asleep 10+.

these types of games were among my favs as a kid, monkey islands, day of the tentacle , broken sword, kings quest etc

on xbox there they had day of the tentacle and monkey island 2 up for free as well :D

always loved adventure/rpg/point and click games

Police Quest was amazing too, but I don't like anything where I can die/have to think on my feet these days. <_<

DOTT Remastered one of the many I'm working my way through atm.

There's been a great resurgence of decent point and click in the last few years, but I don't like the direction Telltale games have gone recently.

Just finished Yesterday Origins.  Mixed feelings.

Defo worth a play if you're into this sort of thing.  Weird mix of dark and comic, considering the cartoony graphics.  Decent story which answered a lot of questions from the previous game (Yesterday - play this first if you want to play them).

That's the strongest part of the game, with the puzzles being pretty mundane/easy but not awful.

The bug testing obviously went to shit for the last hour or so of the game.  Had to restart the program a couple times.

Oh, and the Scottish (Irish?/Jamaican?) accents were horrific.