i LOVE THIS CLUB SO MUCH

Pilchard Chops

ok I opened the Malt so im pissed. I'm almost in tears I'm angry, Flustrated and depressed. There is no way I can show these feeling anywhere else than here. I can do nothing but accept that the bad old days are coming back. In my time of following Newcastle I have seen them humiliated outplayed outclassed but always the fans were something special.

In the mid seventies I was all set for another trip to the Capital (Tottenham) I was taken ill and never went. Two of my best mates who I would have been with were badly beaten up by Millwall fans, one was hospitailsed I (we) stopped going to away matches. I missed it so much but there you go. I can not stop going to home matches. But thanks to Souness I REALLY WANT TO. This is just a ramble but during every crisis ive always said so fuck I love Newcastle nothing will ever stop me going and supporting the lads.

There has been a lot worse times, there possibly been worse managers I cant explain why this time it seems so much worse. I wont stop going I wont stop loving Newcastle United but for the first time in my life I will end up hating Souness and if the right decision is not made soon Freddie. Thanks for letting me witter on and yes I am a grown man and I'm crying. :huh:

ok I opened the Malt so im pissed. I'm almost in tears I'm angry, Flustrated and depressed. There is no way I can show these feeling anywhere else than here. I can do nothing but accept that the bad old days are coming back. In my time of following Newcastle I have seen them humiliated outplayed outclassed but always the fans were something special.

In the mid seventies I was all set for another trip to the Capital (Tottenham) I was taken ill and never went. Two of my best mates who I would have been with were badly beaten up by Millwall fans, one was hospitailsed I (we) stopped going to away matches. I missed it so  much but there you go. I can not stop going to home matches. But thanks to Souness I REALLY WANT TO. This is just a ramble but during every crisis ive always said so fuck I love Newcastle nothing will ever stop me going and supporting the lads.

There has been a lot worse times, there possibly been worse managers I cant explain why this time it seems so much worse.  I wont stop going I wont stop loving Newcastle United but for the first time in my life I will end up hating Souness and if the right decision is not made soon Freddie. Thanks for letting me witter on and yes I am a grown man and I'm crying.  :huh:

83675[/snapback]

Maybe it seems worse now because it was all so avoidable this time - the setup and the money was there and we have pissed it all away and for what? Personally for me it has been horrible because I knew it was coming and said so, even when I was mocked for my beliefs.

As for hating Souness, well I now detest the man. He is clearly just holding out for the money, the man has no honour and no shame. I wouldn't normally ever wish ill on a fellow human being, but put it this way, what comes around goes around, and if there is any justice in this world he won't enjoy his ill-gotten gains.

Maybe it seems worse now because it was all so avoidable this time - the setup and the money was there and we have pissed it all away and for what? Personally for me it has been horrible because I knew it was coming and said so, even when I was mocked for my beliefs.

As for hating Souness, well I now detest the man. He is clearly just holding out for the money, the man has no honour and no shame. I wouldn't normally ever wish ill on a fellow human being, but put it this way, what comes around goes around, and if there is any justice in this world he won't enjoy his ill-gotten gains.

83704[/snapback]

Bit melodramatic in that last paragraph. I don't think he's just holding out for the money, I think he genuinely believes he can get us playing better. You saw for yourself in his MOTD interview - "I believe I am getting the absolute best out of the players that I have available to me". As for ill-gotten gains, thanks to Shepherd it's money that he's contractually entitled to.

83704[/snapback]

Bit melodramatic in that last paragraph. I don't think he's just holding out for the money, I think he genuinely believes he can get us playing better. You saw for yourself in his MOTD interview - "I believe I am getting the absolute best out of the players that I have available to me". As for ill-gotten gains, thanks to Shepherd it's money that he's contractually entitled to.

83708[/snapback]

That statement really pissed me off. He also said that no other manager could get more from the players available to him, which is a blatant lie.

83704[/snapback]

83708[/snapback]

I thought Chops's post was a bit more melodramatic personally. :huh:

I refuse to believe Souness can believe he is getting the best out of his players - the trouble is everything Souness says now seems to be taking the piss. You're right that he is contractually entitled to his money thanks to Shepherd's gross incompetence in drafting his contract, but as a person I believe he is morally bankrupt taking it. In any other walk of life, he would have been sacked with no compensation long ago. For the life of me, I don't know why Shepherd didn't specify some minimum milestones in his contract - Souness was not in a position to negotiate given he was days away from being sacked by Blackburn.

As I said, the whole thing is a mess, and a predictable and avoidable mess at that.

As I've said before, loathe him or hate him :huh: you can't blame Souness for not resigning. I don't know anyone 'honourable' (or stupid) enough to chuck a couple of million down the drain. It's Shepherd's move, he needs to make the decision.

Aye, this is Shepherds mess, it's his responsibility to clean it up.

As for Mr Chops, Malt or no Malt, I feel your pain. It's been a depressing season all round for me personally. Still, things can only get better eh? :huh:

PS I have this strange feeling in my water that we're going to get canny far in the FA Cup again this season for some reason.

83704[/snapback]

83708[/snapback]

I thought Chops's post was a bit more melodramatic personally. :huh:

I refuse to believe Souness can believe he is getting the best out of his players - the trouble is everything Souness says now seems to be taking the piss. You're right that he is contractually entitled to his money thanks to Shepherd's gross incompetence in drafting his contract, but as a person I believe he is morally bankrupt taking it. In any other walk of life, he would have been sacked with no compensation long ago. For the life of me, I don't know why Shepherd didn't specify some minimum milestones in his contract - Souness was not in a position to negotiate given he was days away from being sacked by Blackburn.

As I said, the whole thing is a mess, and a predictable and avoidable mess at that.

83710[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more with that but since the fat prick was stupid enough to pick him as manager in the first place then I suppose we are asking a bit much for him to show any sense with the contract.

As I've said before, loathe him or hate him :search: you can't blame Souness for not resigning. I don't know anyone 'honourable' (or stupid) enough to chuck a couple of million down the drain. It's Shepherd's move, he needs to make the decision.

83713[/snapback]

A bigger man would hold up his hands and resign. Resignations happen all the time, even Gullit and politicians manage it occasionally! Souness is a rich man who doesn't need the money. He says he cares about his family - I fail to see how they can benefit from having a father or husband who is easily the most hated man in Newcastle. Souness has a heart condition - how can this mess be good for his health? No, he has no shame or dignity, he is an evil money-grabbing greedy cunt who is shafting all the fans.

You're right about it being Shepherd's move though and it's his fault too. No matter what good things Shepherd has done in the past they mean nothing now after this nightmare. I still can't believe we PAID Blackburn to employ this cretin, we seemingly PAY Souness way over the odds, we have PAID a fortune to bring in his useless cronies whilst dismissing our only decent coach, we have given him a FORTUNE for players which he has generally wasted, and we put no milestones in his contract to ensure he gets dismissed (without pay) if he didn't achieve the minimum expected target (i.e. top 5 LAST year). Not only that, but Shepherd has failed to bite the bullet at any time leaving us in crisis now. Unfucking believable really. :huh:

PS I have this strange feeling in my water that we're going to get canny far in the FA Cup again this season for some reason.

83714[/snapback]

Probably get humiliated in the semis again. Oh joy. :huh:

As I've said before, loathe him or hate him :huh: you can't blame Souness for not resigning. I don't know anyone 'honourable' (or stupid) enough to chuck a couple of million down the drain. It's Shepherd's move, he needs to make the decision.

83713[/snapback]

A bigger man would hold up his hands and resign. Resignations happen all the time, even Gullit and politicians manage it occasionally! Souness is a rich man who doesn't need the money. He says he cares about his family - I fail to see how they can benefit from having a father or husband who is easily the most hated man in Newcastle. Souness has a heart condition - how can this mess be good for his health? No, he has no shame or dignity, he is an evil money-grabbing greedy cunt who is shafting all the fans.

83720[/snapback]

The money - whether earned over the remainder of his contract, or paid in a lump sum when he's sacked - could set his kid's kid's kids up. And this is his last chance to earn that sort of money. He would be an idiot to resign and pass up on it IMO.

I had a forlon hope after yesterday that they may come to the old classic "mutual agreement" with FF making him an offer of say half the full amount to resign. The difference between 1.5m and 3m when you're already loaded is different to how we'd see it imo.

83713[/snapback]

83720[/snapback]

The money - whether earned over the remainder of his contract, or paid in a lump sum when he's sacked - could set his kid's kid's kids up. And this is his last chance to earn that sort of money. He would be an idiot to resign and pass up on it IMO.

83727[/snapback]

So Gullit was an idiot rather than someone who decided to do something honourable for once in his sorry reign at Newcastle was he? I never thought I'd praise Gullit but he is a far superior person than Souness it would seem.

Souness has finally shown what motivates him and what type of person he really is. If I was in his position I would resign with some dignity rather than take this club to the wall, and I sincerely mean that. Obviously these values don't count for much any more though.

Without sounding like im having a go.

I dont think I'd ever get *depressed* enough to cry over the Toon. More important things in life. Yes, its a sad state of affairs and if I was a billionaire I would gladly donate £3m to sack that useless c*nt. But it doesnt really lower me to almost crying. Maybe its because I moved out the area and NUFC isnt a major talking point down here. Not sure.

P.S. I had a tear in my eye when we beat Leicester 7-1 and the whole stadium (even the East Stand) were singing the Andy, Andy Cole song. :huh:

A couple of weeks ago I said that I was feeling sorry for Souness because I thought it was his pride and genuine desire to turn it around which prevented him from resigning. I take that back now, even he must know there is no way he can turn it around and his comments about his family being the most important thing suggest it is greed that motivates him after all. If people start to really hate Souness not just as a manager, but as a person, he only has himself to blame.

NB. This doesn't excuse the Fat Pig from being the one responsible for the mess we're in.

83713[/snapback]

83720[/snapback]

83727[/snapback]

So Gullit was an idiot rather than someone who decided to do something honourable for once in his sorry reign at Newcastle was he? I never thought I'd praise Gullit but he is a far superior person than Souness it would seem.

83735[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more on that to be honest mate

83713[/snapback]

83720[/snapback]

83727[/snapback]

Souness has finally shown what motivates him and what type of person he really is. If I was in his position I would resign with some dignity rather than take this club to the wall, and I sincerely mean that. Obviously these values don't count for much any more though.

83735[/snapback]

You have no way of knowing how you would react in a similar position. If you had a family and a potential payoff of millions of pounds awaited you if you stuck to your guns, I'm not so sure you'd hold your hands up and settle for nothing.

As for Gullit, in his arrogance, he probably thought that the managerial world was still his oyster, and that he had his whole career ahead of him. I appreciate that what he did was an impressive gesture, but you can't seriously expect that to be the norm, and that any football manager not presently in favour will offer their resignation without compensation? Especially if they still believe they can turn things around.

Two things, did Gullit think he'd walk straight into another job perhaps and did he really walk away with nowt? Or was their a 'golden handshake'? Either way, this case is different because Souness will almost certainly not get another chance like this. I find Shepherd's actions appalling in all honesty. He's made veiled attempts to undermine/put pressure on Souness in the press ('We can still qualify for Europe" "The injuries aren't to blame...") not to mention his puppet at the Chronic (sic) having a pop. Also, if reports are to be belived, he asked him to resign yesterday (sounds like his style tbh). He should show some leadership and boot him out and the sooner the better.

Two things, did Gullit think he'd walk straight into another job perhaps and did he really walk away with nowt? Or was their a 'golden handshake'? Either way, this case is different because Souness will almost certainly not get another chance like this. I find Shepherd's actions appalling in all honesty. He's made veiled attempts to undermine/put pressure on Souness in the press ('We can still qualify for Europe" "The injuries aren't to blame...") not to mention his puppet at the Chronic (sic) having a pop. Also, if reports are to be belived, he asked him to resign yesterday (sounds like his style tbh). He should show some leadership and boot him out and the sooner the better.

83752[/snapback]

Exactly. He's the Chairman and it's his and his board's job to structure the manager's contract such that he should never have to ask him to resign. The fact that he's had to resort to that underlines his own incompetence. As wrong as Souness is in his belief that he can put things right, it's Shepherd's responsibility to deny him that chance if he feels it's time. He can't expect Souness to leave and spare him (Shepherd) the cost of his incompetence when Souness feels he still has a job to do.

It's not Souness fault the Chairman put together a contract for him which would give him £3m if he was sacked. Would you have signed it? I'd have done it in  triplicate.

83757[/snapback]

I'll see your triplicate and raise you a quadruplicate.

83752[/snapback]

Exactly. He's the Chairman and it's his and his board's job to structure the manager's contract such that he should never have to ask him to resign. The fact that he's had to resort to that underlines his own incompetence. As wrong as Souness is in his belief that he can put things right, it's Shepherd's responsibility to deny him that chance if he feels it's time. He can't expect Souness to leave and spare him (Shepherd) the cost of his incompetence when Souness feels he still has a job to do.

83756[/snapback]

Well maybe NJS had a point when he suggested Souness and Shepherd should come to some sort of compromise. Maybe Shepherd attempted this yesterday but Souness is holding out? Who knows. What I do know is that if things continue Souness will have to hire body guards for himself and his family (I am in no way condoning violence but I seriously think the man could be at risk at the moment from some nutter).