Predict the score  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How many games since the start of Shelvey's ban have we managed to play him, Gayle, Hayden, Yedlin & Clark all at the same time? I think it's zero. Even take out Yedlin and Clark and I bet it's only a couple. Those three players in particular we instrumental to the form we had going into Christmas and we just haven't been able to cope without them all in the team. Rafa saw this possibility coming and wanted to strengthen in January but wasn't allowed and that's what's caused this problem.

I'd imagine Huddersfield fans are less positive about finishing second than most of us are though. We've gifted them opportunities to catch us and they've blown most of them.

Aye that's a good point about how rarely they've all played together, I've no idea but even if it was it couldn't have been for a full game (maybe when Gayle limped off? Although I think Hayden was missing then). Clark has been a massive miss at the back the last few games, it's clear he does a lot of the communication back there as last match no one was being picked up in the box at all. We've barely seen Gayle since January and all you have to do is look at the top scorer list and see that he is still right up there despite being on the pitch for less than half the time of those above him to underline his impact.

That's it in all, it's easy to worry about Hudds but as you say they've hoyed ample opportunities to properly close the gap away. Fulham is an extremely tough game for them imo, suppose it gives me a match to properly watch over the weekend since we don't play until Monday.

I've never mentioned it on here either but I'm chuffed for Hughton, he's done a cracking job. I thought they would drop off over xmas with the volume of games but I suppose I overlooked the fact their squad are all good Championship players who are used to this sort of volume and they've done really well.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many games since the start of Shelvey's ban have we managed to play him, Gayle, Hayden, Yedlin & Clark all at the same time?  I think it's zero. Even take out Yedlin and Clark and I bet it's only a couple.  Those three players in particular we instrumental to the form we had going into Christmas and we just haven't been able to cope without them all in the team.  Rafa saw this possibility coming and wanted to strengthen in January but wasn't allowed and that's what's caused this problem.

I'd imagine Huddersfield fans are less positive about finishing second than most of us are though.  We've gifted them opportunities to catch us and they've blown most of them.

Aye. Also, while it's not great for the nerves, limping to 2nd is probably the best outcome in terms of Rafa getting a bit of money to spend

Edited by Alex

I just dont get it you'd think the players would be well up for it knowing that only a few points seperate them from this league & the premiership. If thats not an incentive (a premiership player) then shirley the wealth ( sponsorship ) that goes with it should be enough. If neither of those 2 dont work for them what about some good old fashioned pride.

I just dont get it you'd think the players would be well up for it knowing that only a few points seperate them from this league & the premiership. If thats not an incentive (a premiership player) then shirley the wealth ( sponsorship ) that goes with it should be enough. If neither of those 2 dont work for them what about some good old fashioned pride.

Some of our players aren't good old fashioned good enough, troops. Get a majority of our better players in for a decent run and we're OK. Anything else and it's up in the air.

Aye. Also, while it's not great for the nerves, limping to 2nd is probably the best outcome in terms of Rafa getting a bit of money to spend

That was true up to a point. I'm starting to think if we get there by default, Ashley is going to start thinking seriously whether he trusts Rafa with the sort of funds he'll be looking for. 

That was true up to a point. I'm starting to think if we get there by default, Ashley is going to start thinking seriously whether he trusts Rafa with the sort of funds he'll be looking for.

Once promotion is secure I think it's a matter of time before the dicking about of Rafa begins. Keeping/taking us up is why he was hired IMHO. If Ashley thinks he can get away with using someone else with less hassle once we're up then I don't doubt he'll go for it after forcing Rafa to walk. Goes without saying I'd like to be wrong about this.

Once promotion is secure I think it's a matter of time before the dicking about of Rafa begins. Keeping/taking us up is why he was hired IMHO. If Ashley thinks he can get away with using someone else with less hassle once we're up then I don't doubt he'll go for it after forcing Rafa to walk. Goes without saying I'd like to be wrong about this.

I know that is what a lot of people think, but I didn't go along with it before. But the way we have hit the rocks in the last few games will give him the perfect excuse to mess Rafa around. Most of the players who are faltering in form were already here before Rafa was appointed mind. Just hope Ashley can see that, but I wouldn't count on it. 

There was a lad with the same username on N-O years ago who did superb Alan Oliver piss-takes. I think they were approached by the Chronic to take them down. Always put in lines about how Lee Clark or whoever would crawl hundreds of miles over broken glass to come back to the toon and other assorted catchphrases.

I see us responding to a Fulham win on Saturday by rescuing a point in the 80th minute after being down and outplayed most of the game. Noelie threat level 2 as he's mostly between stage 4 and stage 5 of grief at the moment.

So you made an account back in 2007 and just remembered us, 10 years on :D

Mackem or not, that's actually quite impressive.

I'm banned from the other site for using unacceptable language (I think) on the match thread. Got to vent somewhere, this is the other place I used to post under a different username, but I forgot my password for that account.  :lol:

There was a lad with the same username on N-O years ago who did superb Alan Oliver piss-takes. I think they were approached by the Chronic to take them down. Always put in lines about how Lee Clark or whoever would crawl hundreds of miles over broken glass to come back to the toon and other assorted catchphrases.

Aye that was me. I feel a bit shan for using this now like. I can remove the avatar if it might cause problems. 

Aye that was me. I feel a bit shan for using this now like. I can remove the avatar if it might cause problems. 

What was that line he used to use in virtually every article again?