Predict the score  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shit - flush immediately

Colback

Anita

Dummett

Gouffran

Sels

Did a job in the "Champ", best wishes at their next club

Hanley

Murphy

Atsu

Permanently crocked/non-features

Lazaar

Gamez

Haidara

Aarons

Sammy

Surplus to requirements/Were never any good anyway

De Jong

Krul

Thauvin

Armstrong

Riviere

Saivet

Mbabu

Worth keeping for their PL experience

Diame

Perez

Yedlin

Mbemba

Mitrovic

Clark

First XI

Shelvey

Gayle

Ritchie

Hayden

Lascelles (?)

Elliott/Darlow

This isn't groundbreaking as it's what fans have been saying all along, but fatso better be ready to open up the chequebook, because that squad doesn't have a hope in hell of PL survival without major surgery. 

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lascelles looked nervous as fuck against some of the workmanlike strikers in this division I can't see that improving against better ones. I'd keep the lad but I hope he's not a starter.

Rafa said, when he took the job after being relegated:

‘i’m going to have to buy a team for the Championship to get out.

"Then a team for the Premier League to stay in"

As I said in the Rafa thread I don't see Ashley fucking Rafa about yet. There's no benefit for him whatsoever, he'd end up with the squad we have now and then needing to find a manager just before the season starts which would mean the team going straight back down. We'll spend a decent amount and let Rafa spend it the same as last summer, the fuckery might start in January or the following summer if we're comfortable though as he might see that as an opportunity to cheapen our and scrape survival.

I expect we won't be buying an entire new team. We'll add quality to what we have an evolve. And that's the correct thing to do

Not an entire new team but I reckon half of one. It's going to be more revolution than evolution. It has to be. I agree completely with across the pond. We've got maybe 5 or 6 good enough to be regular first teamers next season. That's something to build on but we need big or canny investment,

Not an entire new team but I reckon half of one. It's going to be more revolution than evolution. It has to be. I agree completely with across the pond. We've got maybe 5 or 6 good enough to be regular first teamers next season. That's something to build on but we need big or canny investment,

I don't think a whole new team would do us any good (unless all of a sudden we start buying £30m players) but I agree we need four or five new starters.  We can't continue with any of Anita, Colback, Gouffran, Dummett, or Perez or Diame in the number 10 role.

We're all pretty much agreed that we dont need a complete new starting XI but we do need 4/5 experienced premiership players. Obviously the big question is will Ashley allow them to be bought. He's 2 choices, spend & get the players Rafa wants that way i'd imagine we'd at least have a good manager & premiership security with a view to kicking on. Or refuse Rafa, get some kind of yes man in, someone past their sell by date, greatful for the club to be run on a shoestring. Spend the minimum on players & gamble staying up. If its the former we have a hell of a lot to look forward to. If it's the later i dont see the point of bothering.

Depending on which of them go down, I'd say Maguire at Hull and Mawson at Swansea could be good centre back options. Shouldn't be ridiculously expensive, either. Question is whether we might want someone a bit more experienced in at CB?

Or refuse Rafa, get some kind of yes man in, someone past their sell by date, greatful for the club to be run on a shoestring.

i've just the man for the job

carverreut_3193600b.jpg

Depending on which of them go down, I'd say Maguire at Hull and Mawson at Swansea could be good centre back options. Shouldn't be ridiculously expensive, either. Question is whether we might want someone a bit more experienced in at CB?

Steven-Taylor.jpg