Predict the score  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cheers! Listened to talkSport on my drive and the idiot breaking in with updates from St. James' - as the final whistle sounded - essentially said that we've been promoted because Huddersfield and Leeds blew it. Not even a moment of congratulations before spewing that shit.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simple really. He'll stay if Ashley gives him the right backing. Will the idiot finally learn his lesson?

You'd hope so but who knows with that cunt? Our only hope for the long term is a takeover. We must be as attractive a target as we've been for a while

Even so like, imagine how badly Troops is gonna take that comment :lol: It's going to be in every second post he makes from now until next season.

I'm actually more positive now given his demeanour when he said it.

Even so like, imagine how badly Troops is gonna take that comment :lol: It's going to be in every second post he makes from now until next season.

He should invite Noelle over for a Prozac party

When in fuck were Leeds ever seriously in it :lol:

Was the most bizarre thing I've heard live at the conclusion of a big game about the winning side. Must have grown up watching Leeds "pull a Leeds"

I know the rules but wot the fuck!! I don't think he should have been sent off for the hand ball, what else could he do to stop it going in the net. I think a yellow card and a penalty is enough punishment for a desperate reflex action like that.

Was the most bizarre thing I've heard live at the conclusion of a big game about the winning side. Must have grown up watching Leeds "pull a Leeds"

Aye it's a strange one actually. Granted Huddersfield falling away helped but we wobbled through the same period so it's not like we were lucky as such. Or rather, had they beaten us in the end, they would have been just as lucky by the same measure.

I know the rules but wot the fuck!! I don't think he should have been sent off for the hand ball, what else could he do to stop it going in the net. I think a yellow card and a penalty is enough punishment for a desperate reflex action like that.

Of course he should have been sent off. It was deliberate. If we had missed the penalty then he would have stopped a goal and only gotva yellow card.

If they made it yellow card then every fucker would start playing goalie.

No complaints about the starting line-up with the possible exception of Anita.

Aye, he played in good tandem with Ritchie down the right side but they were most dangerous down his side and he was often miles away.

Pleased as punch when Perez scored the first goal but got a bit worried when they equalized as they were playing a decent passing game.

I'm super glad we got the needed 2 points today and don't have to worry now that we won't get automatic promotion.

My worry now will be what will happen in the off season because as I see it we don't have a Premier League team........ AND, will Benitez get what he wants by way of enough money to bring in the players he wants,  and get the incentive to stay with us.

:lol:

For next season, I think the first team needs the following.

Two new first choice full backs

A new number 10

A striker

At least one centre half.

A new left winger.

An alternative deep lying midfield playmaker to compete with shelvey

I wouldn't be adverse to taking de Jong back, seeing if he can get through a season without falling apart. Maybe Armstrong too.

The following can all do one:

Colback

Anita

Diame

Perez

Hanley

Selz

Gamez

Lazar

Sammy

Gouffran

Possibly dummet too if we sign better players in. We know he's shit at left back in the pl

Edited by Dr Gloom

I accept the criticism,  jibes, and the humour but...............................keep in mind that in all my playing days, and there was a massive amount of them over the years, a hand-ball was never more than a free-kick. I feel safe in saying that 25 years or so ago, what happened today, would have just been a penalty and nobody would have been sent off.

They changed the fucking rules without my acquiescence. :angry2:

So what's the deterrent to using your hand to keep the ball out all the time? The worst that could happen would be to give away a penalty but if you're stopping a certain goal then what's the downside?

Dr Gloom, I think you're being a bit harsh on Gamez and Laazar, I don't think we've seen enough of them to see how good they are, and we know Gamez has played in the Champions League.

Wonderful night out tonight, lovely atmosphere towards the end. Everyone relaxed, having a laugh and taking the piss.

Over the moon to be out of this utterly wank league.

Wonderful night out tonight, lovely atmosphere towards the end. Everyone relaxed, having a laugh and taking the piss.

Over the moon to be out of this utterly wank league.

First half was atrocious near the singing corner. Moans about back passes on the half way line but also for ceding possession, for a team verging on promotion.