Predict the score  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can be spun either way. I don't think it's the players that need their nerves handled, it's the fucking crowd moaning on after 30 minutes. Wish we were away for this to be honest.

Nah. Much better to be home at this stage with what's at stake. This is usually where even those that moan or keep quiet get on board. The crowd were great on Friday and will be good on Monday too.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. Much better to be home at this stage with what's at stake. This is usually where even those that moan or keep quiet get on board. The crowd were great on Friday and will be good on Monday too.

Aye I was mostly being facetious. 

Aye, at the end of it you could argue this will make him fairer to us. He's a professional who won't want to come out of that game under claims of cheating - not even for the club he supports.

I don't think it'll be a conscious decision for him. 50/50 balls will be 60/40 in their favour, and afte r afew of those who knows what could happen. A foul is given where it shouldn't be and Preston score from the freekick. No freekick is given when it should have been and we don't get the penalty we should have.

We'll find out that it's just a game of inches.

"We'll find out that it's just a game of inches"

As the actress said to the bishop

As the actor said to the room full of other actors. And LL Cool J.

I don't think it'll be a conscious decision for him. 50/50 balls will be 60/40 in their favour, and afte r afew of those who knows what could happen. A foul is given where it shouldn't be and Preston score from the freekick. No freekick is given when it should have been and we don't get the penalty we should have.

We'll find out that it's just a game of inches.

Aye, I don't think it's as blatant as 60/40, but if there is a bias at this level it's not conscious.

I suppose they'd make the case of 'where does it end?'

What if a Tynesider was refereeing a Forest (or now Villa) game and had to make a decision concerning Lansbury. You'd hope they get it right but who knows.

Although to be honest, I sometimes wonder if anyone who gets into refereeing even likes football to start with.

I'm not buying the "slippery slope" argument here.

Just avoid the really blatant, easily fixable stuff.  Or run a deep-learning algorithm to assign refs to matches.

IDK one of those things.

I suppose they'd make the case of 'where does it end?'

What if a Tynesider was refereeing a Forest (or now Villa) game and had to make a decision concerning Lansbury. You'd hope they get it right but who knows.

Although to be honest, I sometimes wonder if anyone who gets into refereeing even likes football to start with.

To be honest, it'd be dead hard to find a referee for Lansbury's remaining fixtures that didn't think he was a despicable shit.

Seriously though, the referees aren't picked at the beginning of the season, they've time to look at which fixtures need the most impartiality. For example, why couldn't Madley referee the Rotherham - Ipswich game and Jeremy Simpson take ours?

To be honest, it'd be dead hard to find a referee for Lansbury's remaining fixtures that didn't think he was a despicable shit.

Seriously though, the referees aren't picked at the beginning of the season, they've time to look at which fixtures need the most impartiality. For example, why couldn't Madley referee the Rotherham - Ipswich game and Jeremy Simpson take ours?

There'll be some manner of procedural reason. Not saying it'll stand up to scrutiny but there'll be something.

There'll be some manner of procedural reason. Not saying it'll stand up to scrutiny but there'll be something.

1425868433355983427.gif

Edited by The Fish

It'll be some white bloke, saying to another white bloke "don't put the bloke with the Man Utd tattoo in charge of the Manchester Derby, but other than that it'll all come out in the wash."