2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What swung you?

Well most of my voting life there's been not a great deal of difference between Labour and conservative. Lots of rhetoric on both sides but overall pretty similar. Centre left / right, both really fighting over the centre ground. Maybe my business background swayed me to the "torys know how to run things" view, particularly on the economy.

This time, not only is there a massive choice, but Labours plans haven't been AS slated as I thought they would be and when I consider there borrowing plans, I also consider how much the Tories have borrowed. I'm thinking if the Torie's can borrow so much (which I'm unsure what it's spent on, Labour borrowing to improve a lot of stuff doesn't seem so daft.

im also very pissed off with staff being employed by agencies and treated like shit. I trust Labour to address that more than tories.

still concerned about the likes of Abbott, Mcdonell etc and Brexit, but on the balance of things I think Labour deserve a shot. I also think that if they don't get in now, It will then be back to centre politics.

Boils down I suppose to an outlook of hope compared to dourness.

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well most of my voting life there's been not a great deal of difference between Labour and conservative. Lots of rhetoric on both sides but overall pretty similar. Centre left / right, both really fighting over the centre ground. Maybe my business background swayed me to the "torys know how to run things" view, particularly on the economy.

This time, not only is there a massive choice, but Labours plans haven't been AS slated as I thought they would be and when I consider there borrowing plans, I also consider how much the Tories have borrowed. I'm thinking if the Torie's can borrow so much (which I'm unsure what it's spent on, Labour borrowing to improve a lot of stuff doesn't seem so daft.

im also very pissed off with staff being employed by agencies and treated like shit. I trust Labour to address that more than tories.

still concerned about the likes of Abbott, Mcdonell etc and Brexit, but on the balance of things I think Labour deserve a shot. I also think that if they don't get in now, It will then be back to centre politics.

Boils down I suppose to an outlook of hope compared to dourness.

:D You legend.

This is exactly what I hoped might happen with Corbyn. @Renton

Fair play for not being tribal about it, I probably owe you an apology there for thinking you wouldn't actually consider it. Sorry :)

I await abuse for apologising.

Edited by Rayvin

On 2017-5-26 at 11:56 PM, ohhh_yeah said:

There's the next general election broadcast for labour,  lib dems, green etc. Just get this useless cunt out of power. 

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

:D You legend.

This is exactly what I hoped might happen with Corbyn. @Renton

Fair play for not being tribal about it, I probably owe you an apology there for thinking you wouldn't actually consider it. Sorry :)

I await abuse for apologising.

I'm behind corbyn now. Not going to actively campaign for him like, but he's done enough to get my support. Happy to eat shit loads of humble  pie  if he stops a conservative  majority.  Like  Gloom though,  don't think he will. 

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm behind corbyn now. Not going to actively campaign for him like, but he's done enough to get my support. Happy to eat shit loads of humble  pie  if he stops a conservative  majority.  Like  Gloom though,  don't think he will. 

:D Wasn't having a dig tbf, just quite happy that it seems to be working.

If he prevents the majority (and I agree, it's still a longshot) then I'll just be quietly pleased. Ish.

On 23/04/2017 at 4:27 PM, Renton said:

I thought most Labour voters voted Remain? 

I'm fucking sick of this debate about Corbyn. I said as soon as he was elected he would be a disaster for the Labour party and by extension the country, and I've been proved 100% correct. The fact he has been so ineffectual against a party imposing austerity led by Theresa Fucking May speaks volumes about the man. Charlatan sums him up perfectly.  

A mere 4 weeks ago :lol:

All of it.

The general themes of his policies/condemnation of the Tories haven't changed, they just get more headlines now because of the election. If anything it shows how many of his own party were charlatans trying to oust him when, if they had backed him sooner, it wouldn't be such a race against time to get him elected now

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/28/amber-rudd-to-stand-in-for-theresa-may-in-televised-leaders-debate?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=228041&subid=12126657&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Perfect opportunity for Corbyn to strike the killer blow. They won't want May up there because she's a bumbling mess, but it will give the press a field day if she's the only party leader who doesn't show up