2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

corbyn's bananas past statements on foreign policy are the gift that keeps on giving for his opponents. Look at this from 2014 on why we shouldn't make "value judgements" about brits who fought overseas with Isis returning to the UK 

https://order-order.com/2017/06/05/corbyn-defended-fighters-returning-from-syria/

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Its all pretty stupid anyway, Pandora's box is open and an extra 100,000 coppers isn't going to stop these sort of individuals doing this sort of thing.

How do you figure?

49 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

corbyn's bananas past statements on foreign policy are the gift that keeps on giving for his opponents. Look at this from 2014 on why we shouldn't make "value judgements" about brits who fought overseas with Isis returning to the UK 

https://order-order.com/2017/06/05/corbyn-defended-fighters-returning-from-syria/

Urgh. What an absolute dick. 

I actually feel a bit for Corbyn there. She should clearly be nowhere near the shadow cabinet but there was no fucker left after most of the plp turned their back on him.  I thought she'd been banned from media appearances before the election. 

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I actually feel a bit for Corbyn there. She should clearly be nowhere near the shadow cabinet but there was no fucker left after most of the plp turned their back on him.  I thought she'd been banned from media appearances before the election. 

You're thinking of Phillip Hammond

Wonder if Diane Abbot, if she somehow, in some bizzare parallel universe obviously, became Home  Secretary on Friday morning, would she do anything as monumentally fuckin stupid as send known radicalised Uk Moslems off to fight with jihadis in North Africa? ..and then cut police numbers and funding so that they and others (some of whom were publicaly self confessed jihadis and went on tv to advertise it) couldn't possibly be properly monitored and then went on to murder innocent members of the public?  I'll grant you that's what the media perception of Abbott would have us beleive she'd be capable of, but with all this now in the public realm (obviously not being reported properly by the compliant media) having a go at her and Corbyn for their beliefs just smacks of being petty and snide, and completely misses the point about how unbeleiveably and possibly criminally incompetent May has been as  both Home Secretary and PM. 

The choices on Thursday are admittedly abysmally poor and are being brought into stark detail during this horrific wave of attacks the country is experiencing.but there's nothing to suggest that given the chance Jezza and Di won't finally grow up, leave the 6th form common room and make a decent go of it. Corbyn's demeanour and stature have grown hugely and visibly in the the last month. He's beginning to grasp right from wrong. Knocking him for old pronouncements is the stuff of the daily mail. After the learning curve of the last four weeks where he's stood tall and got almost everything spot on on every issue that even most of the preveiously hostile media have had to say "well, he's got a point there", all the while that spineless bitch has basically hidden away behind sound bites and underlings who are every bit as poor as anything on the Labour front bench.  

May called this election basically as another Brexit referendum. Even before Manchester and the events at the weekend that was out the window due to the Tory manifesto, seemingly jotted down on to the back of 20 Regal. If she's returned the EU council will publicaly slap her so hard in the face during negotiations she'll have to go running into the arms of the Donald, who will want the NHS on a plate for his US private healthcare chums  in return for other favourable trade deals, which he'll likely go back on as he, like the EU, hold all the aces. Id rather take my chances with Red Jezz and Mad Di and have a softer business friendly Brexit negotiated by ex attorney general Kier Starmer QC than see the most incompetent senior politician in my lifetime drive us off the end of a cliff. 

I still iexpect the Tories to win like, just had to get all that off my chest :cuppa: 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Wonder if Diane Abbot, if she somehow, in some bizzare parallel universe obviously, became Home  Secretary on Friday morning, would she do anything as monumentally fuckin stupid as send known radicalised Uk Moslems off to fight with jihadis in North Africa? ..and then cut police numbers and funding so that they and others (some of whom were publicaly self confessed jihadis and went on tv to advertise it) couldn't possibly be properly monitored and then went on to murder innocent members of the public?  I'll grant you that's what the media perception of Abbott would have us beleive she'd be capable of, but with all this now in the public realm (obviously not being reported properly by the compliant media) having a go at her and Corbyn for their beliefs just smacks of being petty and snide, and completely misses the point about how unbeleiveably and possibly criminally incompetent May has been as  both Home Secretary and PM. 

The choices on Thursday are admittedly abysmally poor and are being brought into stark detail during this horrific wave of attacks the country is experiencing.but there's nothing to suggest that given the chance Jezza and Di won't finally grow up, leave the 6th form common room and make a decent go of it. Corbyn's demeanour and stature have grown hugely and visibly in the the last month. He's beginning to grasp right from wrong. Knocking him for old pronouncements is the stuff of the daily mail. After the learning curve of the last four weeks where he's stood tall and got almost everything spot on on every issue that even most of the preveiously hostile media have had to say "well, he's got a point there", all the while that spineless bitch has basically hidden away behind sound bites and underlings who are every bit as poor as anything on the Labour front bench.  

May called this election basically as another Brexit referendum. Even before Manchester and the events at the weekend that was out the window due to the Tory manifesto, seemingly jotted down on to the back of 20 Regal. If she's returned the EU council will publicaly slap her so hard in the face during negotiations she'll have to go running into the arms of the Donald, who will want the NHS on a plate for his US private healthcare chums  in return for other favourable trade deals, which he'll likely go back on as he, like the EU, hold all the aces. Id rather take my chances with Red Jezz and Mad Di and have a softer business friendly Brexit negotiated by ex attorney general Kier Starmer QC than see the most incompetent senior politician in my lifetime drive us off the end of a cliff. 

I still iexpect the Tories to win like, just had to get all that off my chest :cuppa: 

Well said, mate

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

First time in my life I'll be voting Labour

Devil v deep blue sea

My lass saying the same.

Hate it, because it's giving me hope.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

My lass saying the same.

Hate it, because it's giving me hope.

IMO it's all going to come down to Momentum. If they can get the Youth vote out, we stand a chance. If they can't, and this is another election the same as all the previous ones, then at least young people only have themselves to blame.

I don't want to start a post mortem now but I wonder if they could have learnt a lesson from Clinton - I think she lost by not concentrating all her efforts in the swing states.

I'm  not sure how UK campaigns are planned but I'm sure they could stick to the 120 key seats and go all out there. 

I know it's satire but this is a neat encapsulation of why I worry the polls are miles off - if there's a Shy Tory factor in normal election polling, how bad is it going to be in an election where the Tories are uniquely reviled by non-Tories? :cantlook: