2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

If there's a small Tory majority, Scottish labour could be culpable, they're virtually campaigning with the Tories and basically supporting them to stop the SNP and Indyref2 up north. Their whole campaign is "stop the SNP" nothing about the shite Tory government we have.

DBnpmiCXoAE_skD.jpg

3 minutes ago, NJS said:

I don't want to start a post mortem now but I wonder if they could have learnt a lesson from Clinton - I think she lost by not concentrating all her efforts in the swing states.

I'm  not sure how UK campaigns are planned but I'm sure they could stick to the 120 key seats and go all out there. 

I think she lost because she was Hillary Clinton, many folks I work with and my friends and family over there nearly all voted for Trump (which really surprised me) but most all of them said they would have voted for Sanders if he'd been the Democtratic candidate, they really really hate Hillary C. Felt they had no real choice and it was anyone but her. Bit like how I feel about May and her crew.

Also, I've read a lot of stuff about this funding of terrorism report and how the Tories are trying to prevent it being talked about and published. How on earth, in this climate, are they getting away with that? Especially when Cameron claimed it would be made public.

I think we all know -why- they don't want it to come out, but seriously, how is it even legal for them to do this? They're withholding information that could ultimately save lives, by giving the public an opportunity to reject the way things have been done before.

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I think she lost because she was Hillary Clinton, many folks I work with and my friends and family over there nearly all voted for Trump (which really surprised me) but most all of them said they would have voted for Sanders if he'd been the Democtratic candidate, they really really hate Hillary C. Felt they had no real choice and it was anyone but her. Bit like how I feel about May and her crew.

I can understand the hatred of Hillary but the alternative was Donald Trump. It's idiotic.

Just now, ewerk said:

I can understand the hatred of Hillary but the alternative was Donald Trump. It's idiotic.

Because you're looking at the people, and not the plight. The vote for Trump was an attack on the establishment because they just wouldn't listen. Hence his hugely negative approval ratings the day after he took office. Apparently for the powers that be to pay attention, you need to elect people like Trump.

Just now, Meenzer said:

Brexit logic really. "They're not listening to what I say, maybe they will if I shoot myself in the mouth"

Yep. Remains to be seen whether or not anyone actually listens though. Might all be worth it in the long run but it's too early to tell.

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

... That is quite possibly one of the most painful things I've ever seen.

you think that's bad, check out this belter from 2010

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

A lot like Brexit I suppose.

Edit: Sorry, missed Meenzer's reply after watching that awesome video

Edited by Alex

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Also horrific :lol: Although he didn't talk in this one, so it's less horrific IMO. I can't imagine being the guy who writes that song though, he must have fucking hated himself for it.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Disappointing lack of progression, they could at least have thrown in a modulation partway through

conservatives work for you, vote for greg knight and you'll never lose....

conservatives will work for you ... and yorkshire tooooooooo-ooooh

3 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Surely there must be someone to replace Abbott? She's an absolutely fucking joke and she's ruining all of JC's recent hard work. He should have peddled her months ago.

She's pulled out of a radio debate today because she's "poorly". She won't be in the media again and will be peddled after the election no doubt 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I'm not sure I want such a loose cannon running the country.

:spit:

She is just... does she have a personality at all?

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Hey @Christmas Tree  you still haven't explained how 100,000 extra police officers wouldn't have helped stop the recent attacks?

Well lets face the reality. It's not nice Muslims and terrorists, there's a whole sliding scale of anti western views within UK Muslim communities. A bit like the edl, there's a swathe of hardcore anti west Muslims who support IS and others but do not cross that line to Kill. Lots get reported to MI5 etc but there's very little they can do regardless of how vile and vocal they are. Thousands get investigated but as they haven't committed a crime drop down the radar.

The idea that a couple of more PCO's are somehow going to be able to not only monitors the hundreds in each town or be able to find out that one has suddenly snapped and is off to Hertz with a kitchen knife is just daft.

The security services have a glimmer of a chance when they are dealing with cells and possibly when a plot is being openly communicated or directed, but these loners who just decide one day to attack are pretty much unstoppable.

Personally, I fear we are going to find them going after a lot softer targets in the future. Supermarkets, cinemas etc.

Sad times.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well lets face the reality. It's not nice Muslims and terrorists, there's a whole sliding scale of anti western views within UK Muslim communities. A bit like the edl, there's a swathe of hardcore anti west Muslims who support IS and others but do not cross that line to Kill. Lots get reported to MI5 etc but there's very little they can do regardless of how vile and vocal they are. Thousands get investigated but as they haven't committed a crime drop down the radar.

The idea that a couple of more PCO's are somehow going to be able to not only monitors the hundreds in each town or be able to find out that one has suddenly snapped and is off to Hertz with a kitchen knife is just daft.

The security services have a glimmer of a chance when they are dealing with cells and possibly when a plot is being openly communicated or directed, but these loners who just decide one day to attack are pretty much unstoppable.

Personally, I fear we are going to find them going after a lot softer targets in the future. Supermarkets, cinemas etc.

Sad times.

You're an idiot.

@Christmas Tree i was thinking about that (soft targets) earlier this morning. crash barriers have gone up on london bridge overnight but they'll surely just move elsewhere. kid's playgrounds are easy targets and after the grande concert, you wouldn't put it past them. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Sad times.

What about the report into Saudi funding that the Tories are presently actively suppressing?

33 minutes ago, NJS said:

I don't want to start a post mortem now but I wonder if they could have learnt a lesson from Clinton - I think she lost by not concentrating all her efforts in the swing states.

I'm  not sure how UK campaigns are planned but I'm sure they could stick to the 120 key seats and go all out there. 

Pictures from the sage looked amazing yesterday. Utterly irrelevent though. 

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Sad times.

These loners to a man have all been known to the security services. So then it becomes a question of resources. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

@Christmas Tree i was thinking about that (soft targets) earlier this morning. crash barriers have gone up on london bridge overnight but they'll surely just move elsewhere. kid's playgrounds are easy targets and after the grande concert, you wouldn't put it past them. 

Exactly, if they really want us to turn against Muslims, that's how it will evolve. The sound bites might comfort us but I really don't think any politicians have the answers to this.