2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Went to bed, fell asleep, got leg cramp.

Now back on election duty.

@Rayvin Corbyn is going to be PM very soon. Patience.

How :lol:

They don't have the numbers man.

21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The Tories will form a government with the DUP mate, that side of the whole thing is over. If we've kept them back from a majority then Corbyn has been a success (although until that literally happens, I'm not going to count my chickens).

it's such a slender majority even if they do get into bed with them, and the dup are going to want big concessions over stormont, the political landscape has been transformed. don't rule out another election - how are they going to deliver may's vision of brexit - or any new leader's vision of brexit? we're either heading for soft brexit or a second referendum - it's all up for grabs. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

it's such a slender majority even if they do get into bed with them, and the dup are going to want big concessions over stormont, the political landscape has been transformed. don't rule out another election - how are they going to deliver may's vision of brexit - or any new leader's vision of brexit. we're either heading for soft brexit or a second referendum - it's all up for grabs. 

The second referendum would be the dream scenario. You never know, but I don't think we're that lucky. Even if Farage himself now thinks it's on the cards.

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

i think what the country is crying out for is another national vote or two mind :lol:

:lol:

I fucking hate the Tories mind. Aside from all their policies, the amount of utter shit they've put us through over the past two years beggars belief.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol:

I fucking hate the Tories mind. Aside from all their policies, the amount of utter shit they've put us through over the past two years beggars belief.

Aye. EU Referendum, GE and Mayoral elections and now it's looking like yet another GE might be needed. Fuck sake. 

Just got up. I rescind my earlier pessimism and look forward to interesting days ahead.

The DUP gaining 2 seats and Sinn Fein gaining 3 means the Vermin will stay in even if they fall short of 320 but a second election looks likely.

As others have said, the shy Labour "stars" need to get off their arses.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No choice, they won't be able to govern with such a small majority.

yeah, that's what i'm trying to tell rayvin. fucking hassle having to go through all this shit again in a few months, i wonder if turnout will be as high next time, people are going to start to think politicians are taking the piss

@Rayvinget a smile on your face, you mad cunt. This has been an incredible groundswell of support for Corbyn's Labour. 

Whatever the Tories do now, they've been damaged and weakened in a way that seemed impossible a few months back.

I don't know if the Tories can afford to call another GE. Which is mental from where we were a few months back. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

@Rayvinget a smile on your face, you mad cunt. This has been an incredible groundswell of support for Corbyn's Labour. 

Whatever the Tories do now, they've been damaged and weakened in a way that seemed impossible a few months back.

I don't know if the Tories can afford to call another GE. Which is mental from where we were a few months back. 

Oh hey, I'm happy - maybe the fact I've been up all night is masking that :lol:

But we now have to think about the next step and how things will develop from here. It's a long term challenge rather than a short term one.

But yes, if nothing else this will ensure that Corbyn's ideas are not considered 'far left', that the PLP are forced to accept that they have to work with such policies, and maybe, that we can start bringing Labour back together again.

Just now, Tom said:

Can someone give me a summary? :lol:

Clegg lost his seat - probably the biggest name of the night to go.

The SNP have royally fucked everything up in Scotland. The Tories have 11 seats there ffs.

Corbyn turns out to have been pretty good.

Theresa May is in big trouble.