2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Tory holds flying in, optimism is waining now.

Rudd and IDS we probably both need now. Not sure if Shipley has been declared yet but the signs were good that Labour should take it.

It's the fucking DUP and SNP who have messed this up.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Rudd and IDS we probably both need now. Not sure if Shipley has been declared yet but the signs were good that Labour should take it.

IDS held his seat hours ago.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

It would appear that Labour may have had a hand in it too...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/807559/Kezia-Dugdale-Nicola-Sturgeon-SNP-Scottish-independence-poll-Ruth-Davidson

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

I'm going to bow out for a couple of hours, it's been a rollercoaster of emotion. Hopefully it was worth it. That Rudd count sounds dodgy as fuck mind.

Probably a sound decision. I imagine Rudd will have won somehow so I doubt you'll be missing much.

The BBC thinks we'll get the Tories down to 316, which, with the DUP, gets them 326. FFS.

Although as I said, Sinn Fein wouldn't vote anyway, so they're actually about 6 seats better off by default.

Was always too much to hope really. What she's doing in such a marginal seat I don't know.

Still though, that's it for her leadership bid. No chance they'll risk that.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

chin up mate, this has been a great night for labour. without winning, corbyn is the big winner tonight

I don't disagree with that - and in fairness I never expected a win or anything of the sort from this. It was always the next election that I hoped we'd take. Maybe this is the best scenario all round though. Tories hobbled, May weakened but not terminally, and they still have to resolve Brexit.

Just now, Rayvin said:

I don't disagree with that - and in fairness I never expected a win or anything of the sort from this. It was always the next election that I hoped we'd take. Maybe this is the best scenario all round though. Tories hobbled, May weakened but not terminally, and they still have to resolve Brexit.

next election could be a matter of months away 

The Tories will form a government with the DUP mate, that side of the whole thing is over. If we've kept them back from a majority then Corbyn has been a success (although until that literally happens, I'm not going to count my chickens).