Macmillan Game Heroes 2017

Andrew

OK, at the risk of you all hearing my voice, seeing my face and deciding I'm an even bigger dick than you already think...

On the 26th of May at 8pm (ish) I will be starting a 24 hour non-stop livestream on my twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/semimentalgaming for Macmillan Cancer Support.

I have a just giving page setup for it... https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/andrew-astin-gameheroes

And I would very much appreciate anyone who checks the links, shares them, pops in and says hello during the stream or donates.

Cheers.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Andrew. I'll not be watching, because I'm going to choose to assume you sound like every American nerd shown in 1980s movies.

but I'll hoy some money your way.

Good luck Andrew. I'll not be watching, because I'm going to choose to assume you sound like every American nerd shown in 1980s movies.

but I'll hoy some money your way.

Thanks?

I already had the channel but hadn't bothered to get my set up done, so this is a bit of a kicking to do that.

Got it all built last night (theres a picture on the justgiving page).

If I enjoy doing this enough I'll probably carry on doing it a bit, though I'll limit the 24 hour ones to charity events only :razz:

Thanks for your donation Fish.

I already had the channel but hadn't bothered to get my set up done, so this is a bit of a kicking to do that.

Got it all built last night (theres a picture on the justgiving page).

If I enjoy doing this enough I'll probably carry on doing it a bit, though I'll limit the 24 hour ones to charity events only :razz:

Thanks for your donation Fish.

No worries.

Which games are you going to be playing, just out of interest. 

I mean 24hrs of Mario Kart or Call of Duty is one thing, but Civ 5 or Football Manager is another

I will be starting out with Zelda Breath of the wild, I've not played it yet and am borrowing a switch from a mate for it, figured it would be a good choice since its big, new and apparently brilliant should see me through the first night from 8pm Friday til Saturday morning.

After that I will be chopping and changing through Saturday as I'm having some friends drop in.

Becca, my wife, will be joining me for a bit in the morning, probably for some Diablo and/or Rainbow 6.

3pm, since its footy time a couple of friends are coming round for Fifa, we'll be doing a League 2 to PL challenge, starting out with a randomised league two team each, the loser then gets a random League 1 team to play against the L2 and so on until a Premier League team is beaten.

Finishing the evening with Worms and Smash Bros with a few more friends, depending on the state I am in by then this will either be done sober or with drinking rules.

Zelda is big, new and brilliant indeed. Took me upwards of 60 hours to totally finish it and I'm a Zelda veteran.

Smash Bros is a great one to finish on as well, get the adrenalin going :D

Since you've all been very nice and have donated very generously so far I figured I would just move this to the GC.

As it happens I'm doing my first test stream at about 8, I'll be playing Mass Effect Andromeda but it's really about making sure all the stuff works and is in sync and runs at the right quality so I don't know how much play I will get through. Pop in and say hello though if you are of a mind, let me know how its running.

https://www.twitch.tv/semimentalgaming

Ta!

I'll sponsor you, but I won't sponser you. ;)

HAH! I hadn't noticed that, funnily enough that is off Macmillans own site, I didn't make it.

I've just checked the other images and badges on that page and they all spell it correctly apart from this one.

Thank you, you absolute sod for ruining my nice round figure! :razz:

TT folks have so far contributed more than £90 of the £256.73 ( :glare:  meenzer) that I've raised which is just awesome.

I will be starting out with Zelda Breath of the wild, I've not played it yet and am borrowing a switch from a mate for it, figured it would be a good choice since its big, new and apparently brilliant should see me through the first night from 8pm Friday til Saturday morning.

After that I will be chopping and changing through Saturday as I'm having some friends drop in.

Becca, my wife, will be joining me for a bit in the morning, probably for some Diablo and/or Rainbow 6.

3pm, since its footy time a couple of friends are coming round for Fifa, we'll be doing a League 2 to PL challenge, starting out with a randomised league two team each, the loser then gets a random League 1 team to play against the L2 and so on until a Premier League team is beaten.

Finishing the evening with Worms and Smash Bros with a few more friends, depending on the state I am in by then this will either be done sober or with drinking rules.

What do you do if you need to go for a shit?