SJW Snowflakes

adios

What's your position on the various :quotes: Social Justice Warrior :quotes: issues?

I'm usually very liberal is support of them, in that I think they do more good than harm and we're going through a period of adjustment (which will settle somewhere in the middle).

But today I read a definition of transracial which even I can't support.  Basically, it's to identify as a different race to the one you were born as.  I can understand people being justifiably very offended by it.

What's your position on the various :quotes: Social Justice Warrior :quotes: issues?

I'm usually very liberal is support of them, in that I think they do more good than harm and we're going through a period of adjustment (which will settle somewhere in the middle).

But today I read a definition of transracial which even I can't support.  Basically, it's to identify as a different race to the one you were born as.  I can understand people being justifiably very offended by it.

Like Michael Jackson? 

Is the transracial bit coming from that woman who was some form of black rights activist only to be exposed as being white? And is now claiming she's transracial and actually is black?

I don't get what the fuss is about tbh, it's an entirely natural extension of the same lines of thought that came before it.

As for SJWs in general, it's a massive topic :D

I think they've done a lot of good, have overextended themselves in a bid to retain relevance, and are now damaging their own cause by othering people they should be uniting with.

It's also a huge attraction in a general sense to virtue signalling politicians and other assorted fuckwits. Like church and religion back in the day.

Is the transracial bit coming from that woman who was some form of black rights activist only to be exposed as being white? And is now claiming she's transracial and actually is black?

I don't get what the fuss is about tbh, it's an entirely natural extension of the same lines of thought that came before it.

As for SJWs in general, it's a massive topic :D

I think they've done a lot of good, have overextended themselves in a bid to retain relevance, and are now damaging their own cause by othering people they should be uniting with.

It's also a huge attraction in a general sense to virtue signalling politicians and other assorted fuckwits. Like church and religion back in the day.

Aye, seems to be the first to say it publicly.  I was aware of her, but not that statement.  And apparently, it's a thing now.

I don't think it's a natural extension at all.  People can genetically be LBGTQXYZ, you can't suddenly be black because you feel like it (even if genetically we all are a tiny bit).  It's potentially offensive for some white privilege cunt to suddenly think he's a minority and all the shite that goes with that.

Transparent kind of touched on that issue with transgender people last season, but I don't think it's remotely the same thing.

My apologies for the use of gender-discriminatory language.

Aye, seems to be the first to say it publicly. I was aware of her, but not that statement. And apparently, it's a thing now.

I don't think it's a natural extension at all. People can genetically be LBGTQXYZ, you can't suddenly be black because you feel like it (even if genetically we all are a tiny bit). It's potentially offensive for some white privilege cunt to suddenly think he's a minority and all the shite that goes with that.

Transparent kind of touched on that issue with transgender people last season, but I don't think it's remotely the same thing.

My apologies for the use of gender-discriminatory language.

Hang on, are we saying that the 50+ genders they've come up with are grounded in scientific fact? That'd be news to me but if a non-social science research has proven it then fair enough I guess.

Not to my knowledge, but it's clearly down to brain chemistry, and seems harmless to me.  Had no idea there were anywhere close to 50 though. :lol:

Well, that's kind of my point. She claims to have been raised black or something. Who are we to say that, in a climate where social justice considers social conditioning to be the paramount driver of behaviour in individuals, that her experience is not a legitimate 'black' lifestyle?

I'm not seriously arguing this btw, but this is definitely one of the slippery slope areas of modern life. Consider that by claiming to be transblack, she moves to the pinnacle of the SJW hierarchy in terms of victim points. She'd be female, black and trans. AND unfairly maligned by a world that claims to be universally inclusive and yet still doesn't recognise her legitimacy.

In short, these people are fruitloops.

Edited by Rayvin

Can you link to all the types?  I'm too lazy to do more than a couple searches.

I think LGBTQ is all fine, as is general gender ambiguity.  Interested in the whole breakdown though.

I'm hoping it's a small percentage of these guys that are total fruit-loops.

Why do you refer to "SJW"'s as if they are an organised group Rayvin? You say it as if they're a political party or a company.

What is their cause? Who are they?

Its a fucking stupid term iyam.

Can you link to all the types? I'm too lazy to do more than a couple searches.

I think LGBTQ is all fine, as is general gender ambiguity. Interested in the whole breakdown though.

I'm hoping it's a small percentage of these guys that are total fruit-loops.

I'm moving house atm with no internet connection and am responding through my phone. Will try tomorrow to find something that lists them.

I also wanna stress I don't think they're all fruitloops, and moreover agree on what most people consider to be the normal gender groupings (LGBTQ), I just think they've gone off the deep end largely in a bid to outdo each other. Victim status is quite literally a commodity to these people.

EDIT - yeah that link is probs a good starting point. I don't claim to be well informed in truth, I've just heard such people make more of the fact that the number exceeds 50.

Edited by Rayvin

Why do you refer to "SJW"'s as if they are an organised group Rayvin? You say it as if they're a political party or a company.

What is their cause? Who are they?

Its a fucking stupid term iyam.

They came up with the term as I understand it, so they're all self-identifying. It may be stupid but if thats what they say they are, who am I to argue? Agree though, its a stupid term. More virtue signalling really. Edited by Rayvin

They came up with the term as I understand it, so they're all self-identifying. It may be stupid but if thats what they say they are, who am I to argue? Agree though, its a stupid term. More virtue signalling really.

The first i heard was it being used as a derogotary remark.

What defines a SJW? Am I one? I care about various rights and causes and whatnot? "they" came up with the term, again, who is they?

And while we're on, virtue signalling? What the fuck is that meant to be?

What defines a SJW? Am I one? 

Depends who you ask.  I use it ironically, but certainly to Trump supporters (yes, yes they are a homogenous group) every (reasonable) person on this site is.

Depends who you ask.  I use it ironically, but certainly to Trump supporters (yes, yes they are a homogenous group) every (reasonable) person on this site is.

They are in as much as they can be defined by one common trait, supporting trump.

What makes SJWs that?

Virtue signalling is where you make a big song and dance about certain virtues you have, for the primary purpose of looking good. So a good example of this was when everyone changed their Facebook avatars to French colours in solidarity with France after the Charlie Hebdo attack. Now, you could argue that the French people in general may have been heartened by this, but actually the only people who see that you've done it are your friends and family. Thus, you are signalling your virtue to them at very little personal cost.

Any obvious act of virtue would be considered signalling I suppose, but it's mainly used in this sense to denote people who don't really care and are simply in it to look good. Much like people who went to church 20 years ago - often to demonstrate their 'godliness to other people.

As for caring about rights and stuff - so do I. But I need evidence and clear demonstrations of cause and effect. I also need people to be open to actual, real solutions (rather than window dressing). Hence a lack of belief in any contemporary manifestation of the patriarchy for one thing. You do have people who care about social justice who are capable of these things. But the ones who aren't tend to be the ones who steal the headlines.

The right would say that we're all united as bleeding-heart, namby-pamby, so-called-accountants and thinking we're all unique special snowflakes.

I would tend to call us reasonable and empathic.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

At least we can all agree that anyone who earnestly refers to themselves as a social justice warrior is a cisgender cunt.

The right would say that we're all united as bleeding-heart, namby-pamby, so-called-accountants and thinking we're all unique special snowflakes.

I would tend to call us reasonable and empathic.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

This is true. I've been called an SJW before and plenty on here think I'm delusionally leftwing in my politics :D Edited by Rayvin

At least we can all agree that anyone who earnestly refers to themselves as a social justice warrior is a cisgender cunt.

Cisgender straight white males are just the worst kinds of people. Born with original sin iyam.