SJW Snowflakes

adios

28 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Maybe the terms murders, racists, white supremacists or anti-semites might have been a bit more appropriate than clowns though.

Ah I see what you're saying now. Yeah true, but speaking frankly he probably just doesn't see them that way. He sees them as clowns because they're hurting his cause, I would think.

Bannon is hardly a stand up guy :lol: I assumed you were surprised that he even called them clowns. I am a bit.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Bannon is hardly a stand up guy :lol: I assumed you were surprised that he even called them clowns. I am a bit.

Not really, as you said above, it's entirely self-serving.

There is nothing wrong with punching a nazi. The problem starts when you have to decide who is a nazi. 

Everyone who goes against the exact interpretation of equality of mainstream SJWs are branded as nazi, racist, alt-right, islamophobe, transphobe, misogynist etc. Whether it is Jordan Peterson, Sargon, Milo Minderbinder, the Google guy, Richard Dawkins, Sir Tim Hunt, Maryam Namazie, Ayaan Hirsi Ali or even Germaine Greer, their argument is swept aside; SJWs build a strawman and put them in the same category as the gun-toting KKK Dragonmaster.  This results in no-platforming, violent protests and character assassinations, which is often supported and encouraged by the MSM, tech giants and even governments in the name of social justice.  This is what most people are getting more and more fed up with.

16 minutes ago, S Norman said:

There is nothing wrong with punching a nazi. The problem starts when you have to decide who is a nazi. 

Everyone who goes against the exact interpretation of equality of mainstream SJWs are branded as nazi, racist, alt-right, islamophobe, transphobe, misogynist etc. Whether it is Jordan Peterson, Sargon, Milo Minderbinder, the Google guy, Richard Dawkins, Sir Tim Hunt, Maryam Namazie, Ayaan Hirsi Ali or even Germaine Greer, their argument is swept aside; SJWs build a strawman and put them in the same category as the gun-toting KKK Dragonmaster.  This results in no-platforming, violent protests and character assassinations, which is often supported and encouraged by the MSM, tech giants and even governments in the name of social justice.  This is what most people are getting more and more fed up with.

Just for the record, I obviously agree with a lot of this.

19 minutes ago, S Norman said:

What about Lynne Truss?

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

oh great, here's another one :lol:

You know Trump is up against it when even the Post turns against him.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/nypost.com/2017/08/14/charlottesville-is-why-im-glad-i-dont-support-trump/amp/

He'll just castigate the media further though. Build up more of a siege mentality. I watched a review of his polling by the young turks yesterday and they noted that even while his numbers were down, all of the people polled who voted for him in November would still do so again...

5 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Tsk tsk, tarring all SJWs with the same B (that stands for "brush")

Honest question: Are there any podcasts, columns, Youtube channels, where progressives comment on news and events and argue the point?

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He'll just castigate the media further though. Build up more of a siege mentality. I watched a review of his polling by the young turks yesterday and they noted that even while his numbers were down, all of the people polled who voted for him in November would still do so again...

Silent acceptance empowers him and criticism empowers him, it seems. If we accept that makes it a no-win situation - and there's wiggle room there, of course - then surely it's still better to criticise than to silently accept.

2 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Silent acceptance empowers him and criticism empowers him, it seems. If we accept that makes it a no-win situation - and there's wiggle room there, of course - then surely it's still better to criticise than to silently accept.

I didn't mean we shouldn't criticise, I just meant that it probably won't hurt him.

The best we can do with Trump is try to block the crazy stuff and hope that he gets booted out in the end because he hasn't delivered on anything and his support base becomes disillusioned with him.

Just now, Rayvin said:

I didn't mean we shouldn't criticise, I just meant that it probably won't hurt him.

Oh sure, but it'll make us feel better, and that's important too. Especially if we're completely powerless in every other respect. :D

A lot of men need to get a grip, White middle class men have ruled the world for centuries and have taken their privilege from others. The move to employ more people of colour and women is necessary to undo the centuries of injustice propagated against them. If you're scared someone is going to come along and steal your job then you don't do it well enough. The jobs which will be lost will be those filled by people given their chance because they were a white male over someone who wasn't. If you are scared by strong representations of people not like you in the media (Star Wars for fucks sake they are actually scared of Star Wars). Then you are a weak fuck who needs to grow a spine and I have absolutely no respect for you. The white man is under attack, but he fucking deserves it.

11 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Oh sure, but it'll make us feel better, and that's important too. Especially if we're completely powerless in every other respect. :D

It's been remarkable watching the media strive to find new words to describe the ever escalating cascade of incompetence tbh :D

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

A lot of men need to get a grip, White middle class men have ruled the world for centuries and have taken their privilege from others. The move to employ more people of colour and women is necessary to undo the centuries of injustice propagated against them. If you're scared someone is going to come along and steal your job then you don't do it well enough. The jobs which will be lost will be those filled by people given their chance because they were a white male over someone who wasn't. If you are scared by strong representations of people not like you in the media (Star Wars for fucks sake they are actually scared of Star Wars). Then you are a weak fuck who needs to grow a spine and I have absolutely no respect for you. The white man is under attack, but he fucking deserves it.

I agree with a lot of that. Especially with the Star Wars, Ghostbusters nonsense. 

However, what if women in general just not that interested in certain professions? Does it have to be a zero-sum game, no matter what? Would it not bring down quality if we promoted people based on their gender  and not their performance? Does it make me a misogynist asking these questions?

There was a Norwegian documentary a few years ago, which came to the same conclusions as the Google memo. 

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

It's been remarkable watching the media strive to find new words to describe the ever escalating cascade of incompetence tbh :D

Should leave it to Chris Morris and Armando Iannucci.

41 minutes ago, S Norman said:

I agree with a lot of that. Especially with the Star Wars, Ghostbusters nonsense. 

However, what if women in general just not that interested in certain professions? Does it have to be a zero-sum game, no matter what? Would it not bring down quality if we promoted people based on their gender  and not their performance? Does it make me a misogynist asking these questions?

There was a Norwegian documentary a few years ago, which came to the same conclusions as the Google memo. 

I can't watch that at work, but from the title it appears to directly contradict a program I watched on BBC, aired just last night. Truth is, we will never know what, if any, differences in ability or aptitude there are between the sexes because behavioural factors are so ingrained from birth. I can't see a feasible or ethical way of even testing the hypothesis either to any degree of satisfaction.

Anyway. This reminds me of leazesmag, who when on here used to constantly whinge about how downtrodden he was as a white, middle aged man. I can't summon the words to say how fucking pathetic that attitude is. Also irony etc.

Look at the demographics of Trump's cabinet ffs. What I really don't understand though is how any woman or member of any minority can conscionably vote for the orange cunt.