SJW Snowflakes

adios

59 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I fully negotiated mine, and like Gloom, have failed to negotiate better pay on a number of occasions.

I've never had a job where pay was negotiated at all, how does it even work?

Do you have someone at your work with the same title/responsibilities as you who makes more or less than you?

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Do you have someone at your work with the same title/responsibilities as you who makes more or less than you?

I just go into my bosses office and tell him that a number of circumstances have changed, or that the company achieved x,y,z this year, and justify the increase. Do I get paid less than the other directors? Definitely. I'm the only non-equity holding member of the board, and also about 15 years their junior. But that's life. I have an experience deficit compared to them. Even though I run the whole business :lol:

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

you ask for a merit pay rise based on evidence of career progression  - meeting targets via the annual appraisal system, whatever.

then the managing editor tells you he appreciates the job you're doing, but that budgets are constrained, print advertising revenues are squeezed etc etc. 

it helps if you don't work in a dying industry like.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I just go into my bosses office and tell him that a number of circumstances have changed, or that the company achieved x,y,z this year, and justify the increase. Do I get paid less than the other directors? Definitely. I'm the only non-equity holding member of the board, and also about 15 years their junior. But that's life. I have an experience deficit compared to them. Even though I run the whole business :lol:

how do you juggle running a business with your prolific posting on here? 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

how do you juggle running a business with your prolific posting on here? 

I set up systems that run themselves, check on them through a database driven dashboard that shows me by numbers if anything is falling over, and otherwise delegate lots. Basically I made my laziness into an efficiency :D

But tbh, it's boring now. I handed my notice in at the start of the year so I'll be looking for a new challenge in the summer.

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I have a 6 month notice period.. I dunno, how many businesses would be prepared to wait for that? I have a side business anyway, I'll be fine.

Some boy like 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I set up systems that run themselves, check on them through a database driven dashboard that shows me by numbers if anything is falling over, and otherwise delegate lots. Basically I made my laziness into an efficiency :D

But tbh, it's boring now. I handed my notice in at the start of the year so I'll be looking for a new challenge in the summer.

Blatantly runs a feminism forum.  Flounced at the start of the year. 

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Jordan Peterson interviewed by Channel 4. It's half an hour long but he does a great job of combatting the more problematic elements of current left wing thinking. He's getting this attention because he's just released his book, but clearly he's moving from YouTube fame to the mainstream now.

Jesus that guy is good. That's so embarrassing for the presenter, she was a mile out her league :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Jesus that guy is good. That's so embarrassing for the presenter, she was a mile out her league :lol: 

I'm only 5 minutes in but I had to comment "what gives you the right to say that?" "Im a clinical psychologist..."

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

She's basically doing everything feminists say is bad about men.

He's amazingly calm & composed considering the shit he had to put up with.

I'm just at that barrage of questions at about 12 mins in, he's smiling and shes looking more and more frazzled at not getting a rise

Apologies for the running commentary but "I suspect you're not very agreeable" after shes misrepresented everything hes just said to her was absolutely inspired :lol:

• Haha 1

Uh huh. He's absolutely class like :lol:

Entertaining & interesting all the way through. The way he doesn't let her irk him in anyway is brilliant to watch.

She thought she was getting an internet troll. Nope....

I hate the paxman-lite way all channel 4 presenters attempt to provoke their guests, I actually think KGM is even worse than Cathy Newman. He dealt well with most of it. And he was an engaging talker making reasoned arguments and wouldn’t let her put words in his mouth

But he didn’t really have an answer for her point about what if the rules were changed and there were more woman at the top.

Would bluechip companies - and banks, particularly leading up to the financial crisis - have performed better with more women on their boards? Or if they adopted what he says are more feminine personality traits - like being agreeable? I find it bit depressing that you have to be an aggressive arsehole to make it to the top in most industries. 

Is boom and bust caused by capitalism and greed, or is it more about the testosterone flying around on the male-dominated trading rooms?

I’m quite liberal when to it comes to things like quotas. They’re not democratic, I’m not a fan in principle, but I don’t see it changing or us finding out the answer to these questions anytime soon otherwise because men at the top will continue to appoint men. I don’t know what the all the 18 different factors are that he said make up the pay gap as he didn’t cite the studies the data came from, but it’s hard to imagine prejudice doesn’t rank pretty high.