SJW Snowflakes

adios

Just caught up with this - I think I saw an article about 'online violence' that made similar points. While it's easy to dismiss (and usually you can skip death animations anyway) I can see why it bothers some people.

Not that I play a lot of shooters, but you hardly ever see people do this anyway.

Edited by Rayvin

I don't know to be honest, if the lyric was the N word then I do feel that we shouldn't get to the point where white people are comfortable just throwing that around.

Then again, it doesn't seem that there was any 'intent' to offend, so I'm not sure about it being a hate crime. Well, not under my assessment, but then that Nazi pug issue did get classified as one and the court stated that they are free to ignore context if they want, so there it is I suppose.

Seems like loads of people used it as a tribute to some lad that was killed but one person complained about her doing so she got done. Doesn't exactly seem 'just'

Maybe more about sending a message.

The police are becoming increasingly obsessed with this stuff, which is bizarre at a time when knife crime is on the rise...

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Maybe more about sending a message.

The police are becoming increasingly obsessed with this stuff, which is bizarre at a time when knife crime is on the rise...

Easy win, innit?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S Norman said:

The "funniest" bit is that the PC, whose job is to read potentially offensive tweets got offended, which made this a hate crime

Yeah it was the same with the nazi pug thing. No one reported that, it was just picked up by the police and brandished a hate crime. Maybe they really are going at this to boost their arrest numbers easily.

I'd have to see the post to be absolutely sure but if we're going to start labelling a white person quoting a rap lyric a hate crime, we may as well all just LDAR.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

PC Walker also asked Carole Clarke, defending, not to use the word n**** in the court because she found it so offensive.

For fucks sake, is this where we are? It always annoys me when news outlets censor words used, its the new, report it as such but now we've got fucking courts doing it? Thats pathetic.

If PC Walker is so easily upset it sounds to me like shes not up to her job.

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

For fucks sake, is this where we are? It always annoys me when news outlets censor words used, its the new, report it as such but now we've got fucking courts doing it? Thats pathetic.

I think what's worse is when, for fear of causing offence (and lots of media outlets do it) they don't even tell you what was said, as with the BBC article on this. So people are supposed to draw conclusions without even knowing what the person said or wrote or whatever that caused the offence in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

This is the culture the SJWs have pushed though. And for all people think they're harmless internet keyboard warriors, they do seem to be forcing their ideology into the institutional levels of our society.

The Guardian ran an editorial recently about how the word is never acceptable in any situation, and this is, I suppose, the natural progression of that line of thinking. That said, I don't actually disagree with her if she found it offensive... I mean if the law is that taking offence makes it a hate crime, and she took offence, then that's the law...