SJW Snowflakes

adios

Aye but he's mainstream and Baddiel is both mainstream and Jewish, which means they're allowed to make valid arguments about this, whereas you and I are not.

I didn't actually watch the Jonathan Pie video. I've no idea why he's being accused of being a bit right wing. 

I probably should have mentioned it in the other thread but my hobby is attempting to get a rise out of Rayvin.

• Haha 1

Aye, I'm obviously on the wind up with the Nazi thing too.

It's worth saying though, that plenty of people are seriously using this term to describe anything they deem offensive.  It's normalising the term, which can surely only benefit actual Nazis.

If I'm a fucking nazi, then literally everyone else on here is too :lol:

The amount of casual racism on these boards is a sight to behold, and none of it has come from me! In fact, I must be one of the few 'nazis' in existence who gets made fun of by 'progressive, left wing people' when he explains that their racial stereotyping of Chinese people is inaccurate :D

Jonathan Pie is left wing IMO btw - anti-Tory, pro-Labour, but with a good mix of common sense.

Edited by Rayvin

It would be interesting to know why the judge made the comments he did, i.e. what exactly went on in the trial. I think it's bit ridiculous it even got to trial but the bit about his defence making very limited submissions around freedom of speech. I wonder if the lad in question was loving being a martyr and he thought 'fuck it' and it stemmed from that. Or maybe his solicitor was just a bit shit

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The amount of casual racism on these boards is a sight to behold, and none of it has come from me!

C'mon then, you can't label us as racists without evidence.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

It would be interesting to know why the judge made the comments he did, i.e. what exactly went on in the trial. I think it's bit ridiculous it even got to trial but the bit about his defence making very limited submissions around freedom of speech. I wonder if the lad in question was loving being a martyr and he thought 'fuck it' and it stemmed from that. Or maybe his solicitor was just a bit shit

Aye, the full context of his comments would be nice. ;)  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I haven't followed it very closely tbh but the guy thought he was going to prison from what I understand (ended up with a fine), and was clearly deeply distressed about this. He took the video down as soon as it became a legal complication.

Now that he's been fined, I think he may well play a martyr though.

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I'd guess it's the latter. 

From my limited knowledge of the law I think it means that he can't rely on a freedom of speech argument in his appeal if his representation didn't use it as a defence in the initial trial. 

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I haven't followed it very closely tbh but the guy thought he was going to prison from what I understand (ended up with a fine), and was clearly deeply distressed about this. He took the video down as soon as it became a legal complication.

Now that he's been fined, I think he may well play a martyr though.

It's just what was reported in the mainstream press about it and I've only read a couple of articles. It just seems odd as it seems like he could've legitimately been acquitted with that defence but the judge's comments suggest they virtually ignored that route, but this Markus Meechan then argued against that on Twitter and said they did use it as a defence. It's like that case in Liverpool with the lass posting the rap lyrics where it seems like once someone takes offence the authorities feel they have to pursue it and I suppose you have the generational thing whereby 'shitposting' would be incomprehensible to a lot of older people

Just now, ewerk said:

I'd guess it's the latter. 

From my limited knowledge of the law I think it means that he can't rely on a freedom of speech argument in his appeal if his representation didn't use it as a defence in the initial trial. 

Yeah, I did think that was probably the case. He's raised about £160k now :lol: (just checked) so I'm guessing he can afford a better one for his appeal.

On 01/05/2018 at 16:22, Alex said:

It's just what was reported in the mainstream press about it and I've only read a couple of articles. It just seems odd as it seems like he could've legitimately been acquitted with that defence but the judge's comments suggest they virtually ignored that route, but this Markus Meechan then argued against that on Twitter and said they did use it as a defence. It's like that case in Liverpool with the lass posting the rap lyrics where it seems like once someone takes offence the authorities feel they have to pursue it and I suppose you have the generational thing whereby 'shitposting' would be incomprehensible to a lot of older people

As far as I know, in both cases it was actually the police, who got offended, which just makes things significantly worse.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, adios said:

"The core members have little in common politically. Bret and Eric Weinstein and Ms. Heying were Bernie Sanders supporters. Mr. Harris was an outspoken Hillary voter. Ben Shapiro is an anti-Trump conservative."

Guardian: The ‘Intellectual Dark Web’ – the supposed thinking wing of the alt-right 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/shortcuts/2018/may/09/the-ntellectual-dark-web-the-supposed-thinking-wing-of-the-alt-right

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...