SJW Snowflakes

adios

See this is why we can't have nice things

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/19/channel-4-calls-in-security-experts-after-cathy-newman-suffers-online-abuse

Must say though, that article itself is an absolute disgrace in the way its framed the interview and the coverage that has followed.

Inevitable unfortunately. The Alt Right have claimed this as a victory for them of sorts, so you're going to get the associated fuckwits making arses of themselves.

Doesn't change anything that was said though. I imagine we'll get an op piece in the Guardian in the next few days about regulating YouTube and the unacceptable consequences of letting people challenge the narrative.

Of course there have been a load of articles demonising Peterson after his "misogynistic" Channel 4 interview. :lol:

Even calling him an "anti-feminist troll". Sad because Newman was doing the trolling and the shouting.

C4 even posted the part about lobsters by itself. Honestly man.

I suppose the most positive press he's going to get is where he's allowed to speak and people listen. He's got some good things to say.

Newman clearly has friends working for newspapers :lol: 

I like a lot of what Peterson has to say, he's clearly very smart and very knowledgeable but he needs to bear some responsibility for the kind of furore he incites.  I think a lot of his patreons(?) are probably quite unpleasant people.

There's some shady shite in his background.  I think @Rayvin and I have discussed it on here before.

All that being said, someone's got to fucking stand up against what's going on right now. Maybe 80% of it is very positive but it's being derailed and damaged by nutters.

6 minutes ago, adios said:

I like a lot of what Peterson has to say, he's clearly very smart and very knowledgeable but he needs to bear some responsibility for the kind of furore he incites.  I think a lot of his patreons(?) are probably quite unpleasant people.

There's some shady shite in his background.  I think @Rayvin and I have discussed it on here before.

All that being said, someone's got to fucking stand up against what's going on right now. Maybe 80% of it is very positive but it's being derailed and damaged by nutters.

I think taking his recent interviews in isolation he's been treated very unfairly.

I don't know much about his past or his more agressive followers but I imagine it goes with the territory. He gets a lot right regarding issues surrounding young men anyway.

However the very idea that white men or working class white have lives that aren't perfect & saturated in 'privilege' is very, very offensive to some people.

As seen by the reaction to Professor Green's working class white men.

A lass on twitter said "working class white men are on of those most privileged groups in society, why not focus on women or POC".

Seriously. Ignorance has a lot to do with it but also people don't want to concede anything because they may lose a little ground in the victim stakes.

That's an excellent interview with him as always (and by and large an embarrassing one from her) but I don't think we can just take his recent statements in a vacuum.  I do think he needs to take more interest in the kind of people he's speaking for.  I think there's some intellectual dishonesty going on there wrt what some of his most vocal followers are up to.

To go off on a bit of a tangent, I do wonder if them upstairs have figured out the power dynamics and are now medicating the fight out of us plebs to be more like our female counterparts.  I was recently having a conversation about ODD people and it seems that the primary factor is a  problem with authority.  And we're now not only medicating for that but telling parents that their kids will be excluded from class if they won't medicate them.

Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) is a childhood disorder that is defined by a pattern of hostile, disobedient, and defiant behaviors directed at adults or other authority figures.

That's potentially very disturbing.

Back on topic, I'll have a bit of a read of the backlash now I've finally watched it.

Hmmm that is pretty scary.

My mate looks after the bad lads in a school. Basically they misbehave and that's that they're in the bad lads class with him. I'm sure he's a good teacher but it's basically a scrap heap.

I was an absolute spastic as a kid, in special needs for reading etc when I was in primary but I managed to somehow break out of that cycle & go to college & Uni and now I live a largely uneventful fairly unsuccessful life. (My point is I had opportunity) 

Most of those lads will be on the scrap heap for life & wont get any opportunity & attitudes of a lot of people in society these days will ensure that's the case.

He says something similar here - 

I think the Alt-Right have picked up select bits of what he says as part of a fightback against 3rd wave feminism. But I don't think that's his fault and I don't think he's setting out to create that impact. He adds intellectual underpinnings to some of the things they want, but the fact may be that the rest of us have to deal with that if the arguments make sense - and simply trying to ignore what he says makes us look intellectually dishonest.

The thing that really bothers me about this is that I don't listen to what he says for his 'takedowns' of 3rd wave feminism. Anyone with half a brain can see the flaws in some of that shite, and the importance of some of the rest - he is actually really useful to listen to because he has a good psychological understanding of men, and is talking openly about it without having to hide behind the PC stuff. For instance, he doesn't harp on about toxic masculinity - a concept invented by feminists to make men feel bad about being men. He has a positive message rather than a negative one. So yeah, people listen to him. Many of those people are angry - but I'd far rather they were listening to an intellectual whose heart is in the right place than people like the Alt Right.

• 2 weeks later...

You can read online the court records where the lass was asked about it. Don't think it was an actual trial, maybe pre-trial or whatever. But it reads as being pretty plausible and it makes Polanski sound like a horrible predatory paedo tbh. He wanted to take the lass for a photo shoot. She agreed, along with her mother*. He got her to take her top off (she thought that was how they did magazine shoots so it showed a bare shoulder). They go back to a house where she's plied with drink and drugs, she's encouraged to take a jacuzzi (naked, I think) then he starts shagging her, (I think she objected, but she was hardly in a state to consent anyway) and I think he asked if she was on the pill and when she told him she wasn't he did her up the arse. Nice.

*Edit: should point out the Mother let her go but didn't accompany her on the photo shoot.

Edited by Alex