SJW Snowflakes

adios

I was in a meeting at work recently where they were talking about LGBTQ services. I spent the rest of the meeting trying to work out what the fuck the Q stood for. It's Queer apparently, for people that haven't made their mind up yet

Quizzical?

I'm all for gay rights, but special rights for people who might decide they were straight all along is pushing it

Why?

ETA:  No one's asking for :quotes: special rights :quotes:, people are asking not to be discriminated against for who they are (or aren't?).

Edited by adios

• 2 months later...

I saw that story :lol: I didn't even know he'd released it, which is remarkable because the Guardian hasn't shut up about him for months.

If they've pulled the data together through Nielsen, then the sales information will be about right. Nielsen isn't the be all and end all, but it does at least give us an insight into general purchasing trends. Milo seems to be making the case that the rest are tied up in the wholesalers, which is potentially the case as those guys can be incredibly slow.

To be honest, I think it would have done far better with a publisher behind it. Damning indictment of society it may be, but plenty of people would have bought it if any news about it or any proper publishing campaign had been put into place.

Kind of encouraging for publishers though!

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

I see Milo's book sold 152 copies in the UK. Anyone here going to own up to having bought it? :D

:lol: Restores one's faith in humanity somewhat

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I saw that story :lol: I didn't even know he'd released it, which is remarkable because the Guardian hasn't shut up about him for months.

If they've pulled the data together through Nielsen, then the sales information will be about right. Nielsen isn't the be all and end all, but it does at least give us an insight into general purchasing trends. Milo seems to be making the case that the rest are tied up in the wholesalers, which is potentially the case as those guys can be incredibly slow.

To be honest, I think it would have done far better with a publisher behind it. Damning indictment of society it may be, but plenty of people would have bought it if any news about it or any proper publishing campaign had been put into place.

Kind of encouraging for publishers though!

Deep state shut him down innit. ;)

Just now, Park Life said:

Deep state shut him down innit. ;)

:lol: Quite.

I noticed he's suing his original publisher for $10m though, so he'll probably still get a good payoff out of all of it.

Think he'd be better in a sitcom.

Camper Fi (c)

The story of a gay marine and his fight to be just who he wants to be. (c)

''Ooh does that come with a sash!''

Edited by Park Life

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Over poor sales?

Oddly, yes. He's suing them for breach of contract and the notion that had they stood by the contract, the book would have done far better.

I'd be interested to know what the exact termination clause used in the contract was.

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Oddly, yes. He's suing them for breach of contract and the notion that had they stood by the contract, the book would have done far better.

I'd be interested to know what the exact termination clause used in the contract was.

Think those contracts are heavily weighted in the publishers interests.

13 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Fellati Junior High

Milo engages in a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old boy but it's OK because it's educational

:lol:

15 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Fellati Junior High

Milo engages in a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old boy but it's OK because it's educational

Strap line is waaaay too long. :D