HM Revenue and customs Investigating NUFC

ToonMarshy

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf to Pardew if he was aware this sort of shit was going on no wonder he walked at the first opportunity. There's one thing getting players brought in for you that you get some sort of a say in but if the players were coming in only so Charnley could line his pockets...

Edited by PaddockLad

Now you think about it. It seems pretty obvious neither Pardew or mcclaren fancied cabella or thauvin

The story that came out was that Thauvin didn't want to come in the first place and it was Marseilles that persuaded him to move.  

HMRC want to stop wasting their time with peanuts of a few football bungs and get after billionaires with shell companies and offshore funds. Looks like nothing more than a PR stunt.

The case with Juve and others (Conte) was with regard to match fixing and using EPO, Serie A is riddled with various scams. Totally different to what we have here which is a tiny bit of tax embroidering.

Edited by Park Life

It sounds like the investigation goes wider than us and the 'ammers. In which case it'll run on for years. I doubt it would impact a sale, not that there will be one.

I would imagine that if HMRC find us guilty of any wrongdoing then the FA would probably be within their rights to punish us.

Didn't Spurs get docked 12 points then get that squashed soon after for some kind of fraudulent goings on?

Didn't Spurs get docked 12 points then get that squashed soon after for some kind of fraudulent goings on?

Aye, someone mentioned that yesterday. The FA's powers are quite wide ranging. Though without a recent precedent it's impossible to know what they would do. If we're talking about one or two transfers rather than a blanket policy like the one Rangers used then I don't think that much will come of it.

:lol: Funny how interested they are isn't it? Bunch of idiots, it'll be a big conspiracy if we just get fined.

Charnley taken in by HMRC = "Mags have been done for tax fraud"

Zero further details = "They'll definitely get a points deduction and a transfer ban"

Hours later = "Swindon!"

Weeks later when the actual details begin to emerge = "eh, how're they getting away with it when everyone knows they've been done for tax fraud"

Months after when punishments are meted out = "How're they not getting a points deduction or a transfer ban when everyone agreed that was most likely?!"

When they start their season away to Fleetwood = "What about Swindon!"

When a 1-1 draw at home to Burton kills their hopes of the Play-Offs and keeps them in the Championship for another year = "Typical mags get away with everything, it's a conspiracy. Cabal of Newcastle businessmen."

Tbf to Pardew if he was aware this sort of shit was going on no wonder he walked at the first opportunity. There's one thing getting players brought in for you that you get some sort of a say in but if the players were coming in only so Charnley could line his pockets...

First opportunity? I reckon he had a few chances to fuck off before Palace came calling.

Charnley taken in by HMRC = "Mags have been done for tax fraud"

Zero further details = "They'll definitely get a points deduction and a transfer ban"

Hours later = "Swindon!"

Weeks later when the actual details begin to emerge = "eh, how're they getting away with it when everyone knows they've been done for tax fraud"

Months after when punishments are meted out = "How're they not getting a points deduction or a transfer ban when everyone agreed that was most likely?!"

When they start their season away to Fleetwood = "What about Swindon!"

When a 1-1 draw at home to Burton kills their hopes of the Play-Offs and keeps them in the Championship for another year = "Typical mags get away with everything, it's a conspiracy.

I blame the mainstream magedia

If it turns out that the real culprit here is Marseille, as seems likely considering that both English clubs have been dealing with them, then this will surely be nothing more than a slap on the wrist. They have to punish West Ham as hard as us for one thing, and I doubt the FA is going to want to issue points deductions to two well supported clubs. It'd make next season a complete farce.

I think the biggest annoyance is what ewerk mentioned about the takeover though - no one will buy us while this is going on.

The takeover stuff was probably just clickbait anyway tbh. Apparently Charnley has been released without charge and is back at work today. Which is good news. Or the first half of that sentence is anyway.