HM Revenue and customs Investigating NUFC

ToonMarshy

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it turns out that the real culprit here is Marseille, as seems likely considering that both English clubs have been dealing with them, then this will surely be nothing more than a slap on the wrist. They have to punish West Ham as hard as us for one thing, and I doubt the FA is going to want to issue points deductions to two well supported clubs. It'd make next season a complete farce.

I think the biggest annoyance is what ewerk mentioned about the takeover though - no one will buy us while this is going on.

Or we showed Marseille a loop hole that we were exploiting and they tried the same thing with West Ham and it's us who started all of this under fatty's instructions.

Or we showed Marseille a loop hole that we were exploiting and they tried the same thing with West Ham and it's us who started all of this under fatty's instructions.

If it's a loophole it won't be illegal though, will it? And I just can't see the club risking this level of scrutiny in pursuit of something genuinely illegal. I could see them going along with another club doing it at their end though, thinking that we'd be immune to any action.

If it's a loophole it won't be illegal though, will it? And I just can't see the club risking this level of scrutiny in pursuit of something genuinely illegal. I could see them going along with another club doing it at their end though, thinking that we'd be immune to any action.

Ok loophole wasn't the right word.  But my point (admittedly not very well made) was about making assumptions about who is to blame.  We know so few details at the moment so suggest that Marseille are the main culprits and we went along for the ride is just as daft as the mackems suggesting we're going to get a transfer ban, points deduction or whatever.  There's no basis in it at this stage.

If Marveaux is found to have received a single penny in image rights then the whole thing should be locked up for a very long time.

Can you even remember what he looks like?

Tall bloke, right? Blonde, bit like a character actor from a Scandi-drama?

Ok loophole wasn't the right word.  But my point (admittedly not very well made) was about making assumptions about who is to blame.  We know so few details at the moment so suggest that Marseille are the main culprits and we went along for the ride is just as daft as the mackems suggesting we're going to get a transfer ban, points deduction or whatever.  There's no basis in it at this stage.

Honestly I'm just basing it on how risk averse Charnley is. I could see him incompetently enabling something like this, but I can't see him wittingly taking the actions required to screw over HMRC. Although I could see Llambias doing that in fairness.

Honestly I'm just basing it on how risk averse Charnley is. I could see him incompetently enabling something like this, but I can't see him wittingly taking the actions required to screw over HMRC. Although I could see Llambias doing that in fairness.

I can imagine that Charnley's interrogation only lasted 10 hours because for the first 9 they thought he was some uber cool mastermind unchanging in his story and sneering at them. Then someone just said "I just think he's thick as fuck" they all then looked at each other embarrassed and let him go.

Given Ashley's track record I could easily see him encouraging something dodgy and if he says jump I imagine Penfold says how high.  But all of these scenarios are just as possible as the rest imo.  Given the lack of facts we have. 

Rafa's said it's to do with things that happened three or four years ago and .com are saying there's a suggestion that the investigation started by looking into the deal to sign Ba and there's also interest in the deal to sign Saivet (surprise surprise).

Seems to go against the theory that it's Marseilles that have dragged us into it. 

Rafa's said it's to do with things that happened three or four years ago and .com are saying there's a suggestion that the investigation started by looking into the deal to sign Ba and there's also interest in the deal to sign Saivet (surprise surprise).

Seems to go against the theory that it's Marseilles that have dragged us into it. 

I think that theory was dead once Marveaux was arrested tbh. Hopefully the club just fucking cooperate rather than trying to hide stuff which would only end up making it worse.

Wow! I go away for a few days and this is what I come back to?!

So basically Mike "Machine Gun" Ashley and Lee "Cottonmouth" Charnley may or may not have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar?

Let's all just hope that by the time Ashley sells up we are still in the Premier League and the Club's reputation is still undamaged. mmmmkay? :doh:

Sissoko 2013 - 16

Demba ba 2011 - 13

Papiss Cisse 2012 - 16

Marveaux 2011 - 16

These are 4 names that have been put forward notice all these players signed before April 2014 which was when Lee Charnley took over the MD position. The man/men in charge then would either be Ashley or Llambias