HM Revenue and customs Investigating NUFC

ToonMarshy

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea have been asked to provide information as well.

Interesting, no doubt over Azpilicueta. If they're pulled in it I can't see anything more than fines being dished out. Edited by Howay

HMRC released a statement last year moaning about clubs overstating the percentage of payments that were related to image rights. They are tax free so if you push up that side of the deal you save tax and NI on the overall fee.

Not sure how they can disprove the value of someone's image rights though? It seems to be bending the rules rather than outright breaking them

Interesting, no doubt over Azpilicueta. If they're pulled in it I can't see anything more than fines being dished out.

I was just about to say the more (and larger the) clubs involved the better.

One of the scams used to be overpaying a player for image rights and underpaying salary, signing on bonus etc. The image rights payment might go to a tax haven like Monaco if the player wasnt declaring it in their home country; for the paying club it didnt count as rem for UK tax purposes, so no employers national insurance was payable. Obv to be credible the player needed to be famous.

iirc it used to be quite common but I thought HMRC had shut that down.... maybe Lee didn't get the memo. Add to that hidden agents fees and backhanders and there could be a smorgasbord of malfeasance here.

She's a model or something I think. Mind, he's pretty dreamy tbf.

:lol: He looked like a model that had walked onto the pitch tbf. Not that the lad was given much of a chance mind.

:lol: I was waiting for someone to make the joke, Thauvins lass was an absolute belta btw.

Seen her and him in the town just after he played his first game here.  She is outstanding.  Thought she wouldn't be long for here back then.  Couldn't see her knocking back jaeger bombs in Sam Jacks.

Seen her and him in the town just after he played his first game here. She is outstanding. Thought she wouldn't be long for here back then. Couldn't see her knocking back jaeger bombs in Sam Jacks.

:lol: :lol: Not really her scene eh.

Fat Mike and Sports Direct won't like this publicity even if we're competely innocent. Think it'll be the end of Charndog

Charnley survived a relegation that he was almost solely responsible for, I wouldn't guarantee that this will undo him.