Outgoings

The Fish

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mackems dont have 4m and they've had the shite, why would they take him back? He's wank man.

They're going to have to sell a lot and replace with cheaper (both in terms of fees and wages).

Was more of a piss-taking joke at their expense, but he's just played half the games in the squad that won the championship, so regardless of how wank we think he's been, there'll be some demand.  Hull, Boro, Villa, Norwich. They all get parachute payments and could be interested in a 3 year deal.

On the other hand, with 150+ Premier league appearances anyone in the bottom half could be interested in him for cover too.  I think people overestimate the amount of trading we'll do though and think Rafa is more likely to keep him than sell him.  Purely because of that experience and he's english and local.  Think he'll stick with Dummet for the same reason (whey, not the English, but homegrown).

"It would be perfect to have a lot of local players, homegrown players playing in the first-team but it is not easy," the Spaniard said to NUFC TV.

They're going to have to sell a lot and replace with cheaper (both in terms of fees and wages).

Was more of a piss-taking joke at their expense, but he's just played half the games in the squad that won the championship, so regardless of how wank we think he's been, there'll be some demand.  Hull, Boro, Villa, Norwich. They all get parachute payments and could be interested in a 3 year deal.

On the other hand, with 150+ Premier league appearances anyone in the bottom half could be interested in him for cover too.  I think people overestimate the amount of trading we'll do though and think Rafa is more likely to keep him than sell him.  Purely because of that experience and he's english and local.  Think he'll stick with Dummet for the same reason (whey, not the English, but homegrown).

"It would be perfect to have a lot of local players, homegrown players playing in the first-team but it is not easy," the Spaniard said to NUFC TV.

I think he will be staying too, he wont be on mega wages and seems a right teachers pet. 

I also think Gouff will stay too.

He'll be on more wages than any clubs interested will be willing to match with his having been signed as a free agent.

Dummett is his first choice left-back, has been been almost ever-present in the best defence in the division and has played well enough to warrant staying in some capacity whilst Colback has been a squad player that has displayed absolutely nothing. I agree they'll both stay, but only because there'll be little interest in Colback and certainly not at £4m. For somebody to be interested in him they'd first have to ask themselves, and be able to answer, the question "what does he do?"

I think he will be staying too, he wont be on mega wages and seems a right teachers pet. 

I also think Gouff will stay too.

Aye, i think anyone that's managed more than a dozen games is likely to keep a place unless they attract a good size fee that will allow reinvestment.

Krul, Hanley, Lazaar, De Jong, Haidara, Saivet, Gamez, Sels, Riviere, Murphy, Ameobi, Elliot, Mitrovic, Thauvin, Vuckic, Good...Toney?  Armstrong?

Think that's plenty to be clearing out in one summer.

Dummett is his first choice left-back, has been been almost ever-present in the best defence in the division and has played well enough to warrant staying in some capacity whilst Colback has been a squad player that has displayed absolutely nothing. I agree they'll both stay, but only because there'll be little interest in Colback and certainly not at £4m. For somebody to be interested in him they'd first have to ask themselves, and be able to answer, the question "what does he do?"

You wouldn't think so when you hear some of the stick Dummet gets and the appetitie some people have for replacing him.

Aye, i think anyone that's managed more than a dozen games is likely to keep a place unless they attract a good size fee that will allow reinvestment.

Krul, Hanley, Lazaar, De Jong, Haidara, Saivet, Gamez, Sels, Riviere, Murphy, Ameobi, Elliot, Mitrovic, Thauvin, Vuckic, Good...Toney?  Armstrong?

Think that's plenty to be clearing out in one summer.

Aye, too many changes can disrupt the squad if too many.

On 08/05/2017 at 2:07 PM, Happy Face said:

You wouldn't think so when you hear some of the stick Dummet gets and the appetitie some people have for replacing him.

I'm still one of those who want shot of him.  He's done ok defensively against championship players yet still looks like he's lacking in quality.  And we've all seen how good he is in the premier league.  He's not improved at all this season, he's just played against worse players.  That being said Lazaar and Haidara have shown nothing to suggest they're even worth a place as backup. 

There's a lot of players who haven't contributed at all this season that you could move on without weakening us one bit (Thauvin, De Jong, Saivet, Riviere, Sammy, Toney, Armstrong, Good, Krul).  There should be £20m in that lot alone.  Then add the likes of Gamez, Lazaar, Murphy, Hanley and Selz and there's another £10m.  £30m could be used to replace what we lose with better players.

I think Anita will probably stay but at his age I think Gouffran will probably move on despite the number of games he's played.

I don't think there's any chance of Dummett leaving, I agree with DK though we've all seen him at the PL level and despite playing weaker opposition it's not like he's been brilliant he's just been canny defensively. He still can't pass the ball or contribute much offensively, in fact there were many games where any time he won the ball he almost immediately gave it right back to the opposition, it's things like that which would be punished far more at the higher standard of the PL.

I'm not against him staying though as he's fine backup, he's better than Haidara and I assume Lazaar (since he never really played), but if he was our starter going into the season it'd be a worry. Defence and creativity are the two areas we really need to improve imo and replacing Dummett with a better standard of LB would potentially help both issues.

Surely he's worth keeping as back-up if he's better than the other two though. Replace your worst players not your better ones. He's one of these that it's become fashionable to whinge about when in fact he's consistently performed to his full ability. What we've seen of him before in the PL shouldn't matter really because this time he'd be in a well-drilled Rafa team. We do need to upgrade him eventually but there's other positions that need addressing first

Aye, I've no problem keeping him as a utility defender. He's a good pro, is all right as a back up, but if we could sign someone at a level above he shouldn't really play that much. 

Hard to know what the priority is, to be honest.

Will Gayle cut it in the Premier League? or is he a Jordan Rhodes?

Will Clark, Hanley, Lascelles and Mbemba actually be good enough or will they be found out?

Would our limited defence be under less pressure if we had an actual, quality number 10?

Or should we just find 2017's version of Laurent Robert and just watch the wondergoals fly in?

Aye I talked myself into keeping him as backup as I was typing that and thinking about the other options, none of which have impressed.  But he'll get more players who are capable of ripping him to shreds in the premier league and his lack of ability on the ball hinders our attacking and ultimately would put him under more pressure.

For me leftback along with left wing and a number 10 are the three positions in which I have absolutely no confidence in the ability of any of our squad to play there in the premier league (assuming Ritchie plays right wing).  There are certainly the questions that Fish raises but there's a reasonable chance that Gayle, Lascelles, Mbemba and Clark can cut it in this league.  From what we've seen of the players in the positions I've noted, there's virtually zero chance these players can.

Edited by David Kelly