Outgoings

The Fish

I think we'll see a few we don't particularly want to see next season as backup, given the huge overhaul that's needed won't be done in one window.

Gouffran's not even on that list for me.  Don't mind him as backup.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sels

Krul

Haidara

Lazaar

Hanley

Gamez

Anita

Ameobi

Saivet

Colback

Diame

Murphy

Rivière

Should all be pedalled

RB

LB

CB

CM

CM

RW

CF

at a minimum to replace them

Whilst I agree these arent good enough, I cant see us canning this many players tbh. We never see to jettison more than 5 or 6 at at a time as a rule.

I don't want us going into next season with folk like Dummett, Colback, Lazaar, Anita, Diame, Haidara, Gouffran, Sels, Murphy and Ameobi still in the squad - they should all be moved on. I expect Krul, De Jong, Saivet and Riviere to be binned as well.

We need two centre halves, a left back, two midfielders, a left winger and a striker at the very least and probably two or three impact subs whether that's attacking midfielders or wingers/forwards.

I still think folk like Dummett, Colback, Gouffran etc will be kept though :anguish:

Aye we're not going to see anything as drastic as 10-14 players leaving out of the first team squad. As shite as some of them are I think that level of change can be detrimental. We also need back ups and people who can just be willing runners late in games. I absolutely want Colback gone mind as the amount of fouls he racks up as well as the fact they're often in dangerous locations makes him a massive fucking detriment to the side.

People expecting 10 players who played 20 plus games this season to leave are having one. It's not what we lose , it's what we add.

It's most certainly about what we lose when it comes to Colback. ;)

We'll need a good striker like. Be interesting to see who we can sign. I don't really fear for us defensively because I expect we'll be well organised and solid whoever turns out. Finding a top goalscorer will make or break us next season

Some creativity in midfield is much required too. Can't rely on shelvey all season

That's the key imo, we need some creativity coming from the LW and that behind the striker position. I agree with Quiff that adding a striker would be good, I like Gayle and don't particularly worry about him in the PL as I think if we can create more he's a decent enough finisher that he'd put the chances away but he missed a fair amount of games this season. 

Some creativity in midfield is much required too. Can't rely on shelvey all season

An upgrade at #10 is definitely needed and would help on that front. Diame and Perez have both been pretty disappointing. Can see Hull taking Diame back if they drop

Thought it was given as read that cack jogback is a goner?

I've got a horrible feeling he's going to be around for a long time.

Eh, who am I replying to here? I'm pretty sure I read someone saying he thought we should ship out like 12-15 players. Or am I getting early onset Alzheimer's?

That's the key imo, we need some creativity coming from the LW and that behind the striker position. I agree with Quiff that adding a striker would be good, I like Gayle and don't particularly worry about him in the PL as I think if we can create more he's a decent enough finisher that he'd put the chances away but he missed a fair amount of games this season.

Actually its all about who you can sub on at Left Back. As copyrighted by The King