Folks

that time again where the forums need a fairly a major upgrade, which will happen tomorrow evening 7pm onward (ish, it's sunny so might be later).

A few people have had access t the preview/test board and some preliminary work has been done.

Things to note before then

Tapatalk is going - the new version is fully responsive and shpuld be grand on any devices.

One Skin - the light version won't be available for a while  (will only affect a few people tbh)

LOGINS

This the important bit, the new version can only have a username or display name...

so login with your current email or your display name after the change (or if you use facebook/twitter same diff)

I can adjust these if people aren't happy afterwards but it's a choice for the upgrade i can't get around.

any hassle can get me at ant[@]toontastic.net

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

History says not. 

I bet that line works with all the girls.

Get rid of this liking and reputation shit.

Posted Images

Hi Ant

The reason I stuck with Tapatalk was that I didn't seem able to have three different views saved on phone, tablet and PC - maybe I was doing something wrong but will the new version cope with this?

Hi Ant

The reason I stuck with Tapatalk was that I didn't seem able to have three different views saved on phone, tablet and PC - maybe I was doing something wrong but will the new version cope with this?

one view one skin it'll cope aye

tapatalk is horrendous mind i've wanted rid for ages, most forums are ditching it between the ads and poor support

I disagree on you saying Tapatalk is horrendous like Ant. Always seems to be said by the people behind the scenes but everybody that I know who uses it thinks it's great. Makes it a lot easier for me to browse forums whilst at work as I can't get on them via my work pc.

I disagree on you saying Tapatalk is horrendous like Ant. Always seems to be said by the people behind the scenes but everybody that I know who uses it thinks it's great. Makes it a lot easier for me to browse forums whilst at work as I can't get on them via my work pc.

I mentioned tapatalk when Ant opened up the test board and it is the behind the scenes stuff he's on about when he says its horrendous.

I'm a tapatalk user at the moment but the new site is much much better on mobile that the current version.

you can disagree, but i'm guessing everyone you know who uses it I bet is like yourself an end user, so have no idea how shite it actually is, and i've been changing bits myself to ease the blow a bit on here.

-Security issues they won't fix

-basic forum support (think of the lack of showing embedded media so blank posts in tapatalk)

-bugs throughout it

-affects SEO with it's linking

-support is piss poor, i gave them a fix for a bug over a year ago that multiple people had reported on their forums...still unpatched.

-ads that despite money to remove will still find their way through at times

for example a version of ipb that has been stable since march and available as a beta from before xmas still isnt supported.

Their problem is trying to be a jack of all trades (forum software wise) and are  a master of none, like i said the upgrade will be fully responsive it can do desktop notifications if ya want it to , not sure what else you need from it that "tapatalk" does.

I never disagreed from a developer perspective, I said from an end user perspective it's great, which it is and plenty of people think that so saying it's horrendous only covers it from one side.

I never disagreed from a developer perspective, I said from an end user perspective it's great, which it is and plenty of people think that so saying it's horrendous only covers it from one side.

Makeup on a pig ;)

They don't even give you access to usage stats anymore... for obvious reasons

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Looks 100% on mobile. :good:

This.

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I was having withdrawal symptoms.

I had to read the fucking Chronicle this morning.

Few nice amendments  if i want to say quote a part of someones post e.g fishes, if i select the second sentence and hover over you get a "quote this" button so it'll do

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Makes browsing at work less conspicuous.

Rather than the entire post, going be some tweeks needed or things people don't like/get used to but we'll see what comes up, choice was to do it now while i was off work and had the time, then let you lads iron out things through it being used.

Or me do do it on the test site and do the upgrade during the summer and hope there was no issues with the old unsupported version, former seemed easier.

• Like 1