Souness is THE MAN!

Gemmill

According to Ramage. :huh:

Newcastle defender Peter Ramage insists under-pressure boss Graeme Souness has the full backing of his players.

In the wake of fierce fan protests, Souness emerged from a crunch meeting with Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd on Monday with his job intact.

Ramage, 22, said: "He's a brilliant man to work for, every player in the dressing room is behind him.

"At the end of the day, the position the team is in is down to the players, not the manager."

Shepherd issued a warning last week after Newcastle slipped to 14th in the Premiership following a 1-0 home defeat by Blackburn.

Souness' cause has not been helped by a crippling injury list, which has deprived him of Michael Owen, Scott Parker, Emre, Steve Carr, Steve Taylor, Shola Ameobi and Craig Moore.

Angry fans staged a protest outside St James' Park following the defeat by Blackburn but Ramage said: "It's hard for us as players to hear that.

"The boss manages how he played, with 100% commitment and determination, and it's good to see he is determined to turn it around.

"We're all behind him so it's hard to hear for us what the fans are chanting.

"But they pay for their season tickets and to come and watch and they deserve to be entertained.

"The manager picks the team but I bet he wishes he could get his boots on and get out and help, he's that kind of guy.

"He's given me my chance, he kick-started my career and I have got nothing but admiration for him."

Obviously Lee Clark wasn't lercal enough, so wheel out the youngsters for that ultimate PR experience! :huh:

I love this, because you just know that when Souness gets sacked one by one you'll get players in the Chronical coming out saying 'some of the lads weren't 100% happy to be honest, and the new gaffa (insert name here) has changed a few things round and we're much closer as a side now etc etc...'

Well, Souness has got rid of all the cancer, and we're left with the yes men, so of course they're going to support him. The only thing that surprises me is that none of them have taken exception to Souness's constant harping that all the proper players are injured, so we should expect to get beaten because the replacements are basically shit. Still, for a player like Ramage who is getting a chance at this level he's not going to complain, is he?

To be honest (in full!), the players, the manager, the coaching staff, the chairman, and the directors come out with no credit at the moment. I was reading something quite amusing in Solano's interview in the Mag last night. He said when things weren't going well for a team in South America, members of the public would challenge the players to a fight. Maybe we should try that.

To be honest (in full!), the players, the manager, the coaching staff, the chairman, and the directors come out with no credit at the moment. I was reading something quite amusing in Solano's interview in the Mag last night. He said when things weren't going well for a team in South America, members of the public would challenge the players to a fight. Maybe we should try that.

83791[/snapback]

Renton finally achieves misery nirvana

83791[/snapback]

I reckon Emre could have you aal ower.

83791[/snapback]

83793[/snapback]

:huh:

83791[/snapback]

83793[/snapback]

Clever, implying I'm happy because the team I support has been reduced to total shit. Are you happy with the situation then Wez?

83791[/snapback]

I reckon Emre could have you aal ower.

83795[/snapback]

My dibs are on Dyer tbh, if I can catch the bastid.

83791[/snapback]

83793[/snapback]

Clever, implying I'm happy because the team I support has been reduced to total shit. Are you happy with the situation then Wez?

83801[/snapback]

Humour bypass tbh

83791[/snapback]

83793[/snapback]

83801[/snapback]

Humour bypass tbh

83837[/snapback]

Lack of appropriate smilie then - crucial in a comment like that - ask Gemmill. :huh:

83791[/snapback]

83793[/snapback]

83801[/snapback]

Humour bypass tbh

83837[/snapback]

Lack of appropriate smilie then - crucial in a comment like that - ask Gemmill. :huh:

83842[/snapback]

Hey, don't be trying to shift attention away from your little hissy fit. :search:

83791[/snapback]

83793[/snapback]

83801[/snapback]

Does that make SBTP Hove Avenger? :huh:

83791[/snapback]

83793[/snapback]

83801[/snapback]

Does that make SBTP Hove Avenger? :search:

83850[/snapback]

Aye, I think so.

Btw it wasn't a hissy fit, alright you bastids? :huh:

83791[/snapback]

83793[/snapback]

83801[/snapback]

83850[/snapback]

Aye, I think so.

83852[/snapback]

I never said it was, thundercunt! :angry:

Need a sticky to keep up with these past and present usernames tbh. V. confusing. :o

83791[/snapback]

83793[/snapback]

83801[/snapback]

83850[/snapback]

Aye, I think so.

83852[/snapback]

Need a sticky to keep up with these past and present usernames tbh. V. confusing. :o

83853[/snapback]

I still don't know who Smooth Operator, Happy Face and Wacky Jnr are

83791[/snapback]

83793[/snapback]

83801[/snapback]

83850[/snapback]

Aye, I think so.

83852[/snapback]

83853[/snapback]

83858[/snapback]

S-O and Whacky are new to this board I think, I think Happyface has been around a while but I'm not sure what he was called before.

Who the fuck are you btw? :bedhump:

83791[/snapback]

83793[/snapback]

83801[/snapback]

Does that make SBTP Hove Avenger? :o

83850[/snapback]

Aye, I think so.

Btw it wasn't a hissy fit, alright you bastids? :search:

83852[/snapback]

I never said it was, thundercunt! ;)

Need a sticky to keep up with these past and present usernames tbh. V. confusing. :angry:

83853[/snapback]

83858[/snapback]

SMO=new after the split with N-O. Never been reg'd before

Happy Face= ditto (I think??)

Wacky Jnr=posted briefly on N-O before the split, but I forget what name he posted under now. :bedhump:

As for you, are you gonna confirm youre actually Skol like? :huh: