The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

It doesn't bother me at all personally Noelie was more just giving a reason why people lump on you a bit. In fact I think it provides a differing opinion as otherwise it would just be a bit boring on here. 

I also said I think they're perfectly fine to have pops at your opinion, I agree with you that having pops at you personally is a bit ott. 

If it gets to the 12th of August and nobody else has come in, then I think it's probably fine to panic a bit. I imagine the players and staff are all on their holidays, let them have some time off, man. It was always going to be slow until the beginning of July.

Article in the Chronicle written by Andrew Musgrove titled...........

Newcastle United has all the ingredients for success,

but the fans need to see transfer movement.

Read it and see where I am coming from.

12 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If it gets to the 12th of August and nobody else has come in, then I think it's probably fine to panic a bit. I imagine the players and staff are all on their holidays, let them have some time off, man. It was always going to be slow until the beginning of July.

We've spent ten years lamenting that this is what we do.  No urgency whatsoever from the club.  Define one or two targets for a position and if they fail to get them in August, wait until the next window.

It doesn't even hold water as the free transfers and loans we've been after have failed to come off because the players have gone elsewhere.  Those clubs/players aren't sitting enjoying the sun and leaving it until later.

Rafa is clearly looking to turn around that culture at Newcastle and meeting resistance, not least from fans who (remarkably) can't imagine that Ashley might mot be as proactive as Benitez would like.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What makes you think that Ashley has anything to do with it?

Ashley's the only constant over the past 10 years.  Wise, Llambias, Kinnear, Charnley... they all do his bidding.

13 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Well the squads back at pre season a week tomorrow, with our first game 10 days after that

47 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

Ashley's the only constant over the past 10 years.  Wise, Llambias, Kinnear, Charnley... they all do his bidding.

You think it's a deliberate ploy from Ashley to avoid spending money? I'd say it's more likely to do with Charnley's incompetence.

33 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You think it's a deliberate ploy from Ashley to avoid spending money? I'd say it's more likely to do with Charnley's incompetence.

No doubt Charnley's incompetent.  I don't think Ashley gets involved with negotiations either.  But he lays down conditions that Charnley has to abide by which tie his hands. He also signs the contracts when we sign high wage earners and has to be on board before we go ahead.  

Similar story to Carr who gets dogs abuse for Riviere and Saivet and De Jong and Thauvin and Cabella etc.  He might deserve some criticism for even suggesting them as options, but when the club walks away from Lacazette, Aubameyang and Alli... there's only so many great players that no other club has cottoned onto yet.

Yeah but I would have thought that the budget and guidelines would have been agreed by Rafa and Ashley at their end of season meeting so I don't see how there could be any confusion over conditions and player criteria.

24 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

No doubt Charnley's incompetent.  I don't think Ashley gets involved with negotiations either.  But he lays down conditions that Charnley has to abide by which tie his hands. He also signs the contracts when we sign high wage earners and has to be on board before we go ahead.  

Similar story to Carr who gets dogs abuse for Riviere and Saivet and De Jong and Thauvin and Cabella etc.  He might deserve some criticism for even suggesting them as options, but when the club walks away from Lacazette, Aubameyang and Alli... there's only so many great players that no other club has cottoned onto yet.

Tbf Dele Alli chose Spurs over us rather than us walking away from the deal. You can't really blame him either

A move here wouldn't have worked well for him.

"Well we've agreed a loan...Dele has to learn to work hard and track back and I can't think of a better place to do that than Barnsley" - Alternative Universe Pardew

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

A move here wouldn't have worked well for him.

"Well we've agreed a loan...Dele has to learn to work hard and track back and I can't think of a better place to do that than Barnsley" - Alternative Universe Pardew

Bet he talks to himself while he shaves. /Pardew

19 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yeah but I would have thought that the budget and guidelines would have been agreed by Rafa and Ashley at their end of season meeting so I don't see how there could be any confusion over conditions and player criteria.

Well you would have thought wrong.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There's a first time for everything I suppose.

:D

No doubt Ashley has given assurances but in the real world they probably don't mean shit. Let's see what Benny says in his next couple of interviews. If 2/3 good players come in then we can all relax...

The worry is the sheer volume of players we need in. The bare minimum is

CB to play with Clark

LB

CM to play with Shelvey

LW

CF to play with Gayle

to push the following onto the bench

Lascelles

Dummet

Diame

Atsu

Perez/Mitro

It must be getting frustrating for Rafa,  nobody in yet except Atsu,  and he had said he wanted new players in quickly.

I think part of the problem lies with agents and players who are trying to negotiate terms above and beyond what they're worth.

What's equally frustrating is when you read we have made an approach for a player and his club states there has been no bids from anyone including us.

I honestly thought we would have  had some new faces by now based on all the hype of Rafa being a drawing card, Ashley's promise to spend, a great fan base, and Premier League status.

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The worry is the sheer volume of players we need in. The bare minimum is

CB to play with Clark

LB

CM to play with Shelvey

LW

CF to play with Gayle

to push the following onto the bench

Lascelles

Dummet

Diame

Atsu

Perez/Mitro

I fully expect Rafa to start Lascelles over Clark because of his age and 'potential' and im 90% sure we will be starting with 1 up top again which will most likely be Gayle imo, it would be harsh as fuck to drop him after last season and his confidence must be high.. he has to be given the chance to start for a while at the very least