The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

38 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Good enough that I don't think theres a hope in hell of us signing him.

Which, tbf, would only make him mediocre but yeah hes pretty good.

Hes of a quality the rest of our players are light years away from tbf, but he's been touted around all month like a piece of fresh meat to everyone below 6th place. Fuck knows what happened to his dream move to Dortmund but we've got Merino, signed after a only loan had been agreed, they might be mates (THERE IS MY STRAW, LET ME CLUTCH IT!!)  he might fancy working for a champions league winner... we just might be in with a chance :unsure: 

He was at Chelsea for a bit wasn’t he? About as German-looking as they come. Offers experience, good age. Struggling to see why he’s come. A bracket above the likes of Joselu. 

Three brackets above the like of Joselu. Class player, definitely won't wear black and white this window.

Mirror linked us to Sandro Ramirez from Everton, another flop we shouldn't be going anywhere near. Out of all the strikers we've been linked for, I'd go for Ings. Safra has scored a few goals, enough to make me think he's worth spending whatever pennies Mike finds down the back of the sofa, at least to the end of the season. 

I don’t think there is a lot in this one. Schüttle lost his way a bit in recent years, partly down to injuries. He looked like leaving the club in Autumn but has been back in the team lately.

Also, if Dortmund sell Aubameyang, I can’t see them letting Schürrle go out as well.

54 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Three brackets above the like of Joselu. Class player, definitely won't wear black and white this window.

Mirror linked us to Sandro Ramirez from Everton, another flop we shouldn't be going anywhere near. Out of all the strikers we've been linked for, I'd go for Ings. Safra has scored a few goals, enough to make me think he's worth spending whatever pennies Mike finds down the back of the sofa, at least to the end of the season. 

I think Sandro was always up against it at Everton, the team had no real identity and looked fairly aimless at the start of the season and he only got about 8 games before Niasse scored a couple and was preferred to him.

My main issue with him is he’s only 22 and is very inexperienced and I think we need experience in the side, he had a canny season with Malaga and I’d take him on loan tbf but that doesn’t say a lot when Joselu is plodding about. 

If we got Sandro and Schurrle in on loan I think that’d be a big boost to the strike force (mostly down to Schurrle obviously but I reckon Rafa would get a fair bit out of Sandro). 

Mitrovic to West Brom ? Pardew has made him their number 1 target. Probably get done last day of the window to balance out the £11.4 million Rafa spent in the summer. :D

Edited by trooper

Rafa Benitez:

“We have been working very hard to get the players we need to stay up.

“We gave a list to the owner and we have to wait and see what we can do.

“They (Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley) know the names.

“Whether loans or permanent – I need bodies with experience.

“The majority of this team (who played against Manchester City…and pretty much any other game) were in the Championship, so they don’t have much experience of the Premier League.

“We need that…we need players to give us something different, (Premier League) quality or experience.

“We will see how many we can get.

“(but) It is a little bit late now…"

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

Lennon having medical at Burnley another "Jim Bowen "look what you could have won"

Imagine if we'd signed him, it's easy if you try.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

On loan until the end of the season, maybe. Permanent signings doubtful given that there's no real reason to believe that Rafa will be here next season.

tbf that is the case for every top flight manager these days.

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Kenedy loan and in talks for a striker that would break our record fee says our favourite, bullet headed sports reporter.

Sandro innit? 22 apparently

135242.jpg