The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

It was in the national press yesterday too.  Not sure whether that makes it any more reliable like.

Ability wise, I don't think he's that great a player, but he's giving us a lot more than his ability suggests he's capable of.  I'd be very disappointed to see him go for any amount of money, especially as Ashley would be the only one to benefit from it.

ability wise, you mean on the ball? i don't mind that too much. in fact, i'd go as far as saying i love him, he's an excellent defender, probably the best centre half in that respect we've had in years, and a very good organiser - we went to shit when he was injured for that reason. good in the air. the jury is still out on lejeune, so i don't know if he's that player or not, but lascelles would do brilliantly along a more cultured ball-playing, sweeper type centre back. future england international tbh. 

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Salami out for another 2 weeks i'm quite impressed we sold a striker to loan a striker who may not even play a game for us this season. :D

Mitrovic: 3 appearances for Fulham ...... 1 goal.:huh:

Slimani:  0 appearances and none in sight.:mad:

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

ability wise, you mean on the ball? i don't mind that too much. in fact, i'd go as far as saying i love him, he's an excellent defender, probably the best centre half in that respect we've had in years, and a very good organiser - we went to shit when he was injured for that reason. good in the air. the jury is still out on lejeune, so i don't know if he's that player or not, but lascelles would do brilliantly along a more cultured ball-playing, sweeper type centre back. future england international tbh. 

Not just on the ball.  I still think he's a limited player defensively as well.  I suppose I'm comparing him to someone like Woodgate who just seemed to defend almost perfectly every time.  He didn't make a lot of sliding tackles because his positioning was so good.  Lascelles is playing to his strengths though and that's definitely a good thing.  Plenty of players over the years haven't been what you would call technically brilliant but have been superb players.  I totally agree his organising is excellent and it makes such a big difference to us.  I'd possibly say that he hadn't had that spell out we might now be sitting a lot more pretty ahead of Bournemouth.

he strikes me as the type who just loves defending. i love that. bit like dummet. both limited players technically, but no nonsense and if you were an attacking player, you wouldn't fancy being marked by either of them. he's not in woodgate's class, don't think he ever will be, but he could prove to be a far more important player for us if we can keep him fit. he's still a kid too really, as far as centre halves go 

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

salami has still had as many games as mitro would have if we hadn't let him go

That's probably true,  but at least Mitro would have been available if needed.:razz:

“Slimani had a setback so he will not be available and will be (out for) at least a couple of weeks.

“He had an injury when he came, (now) a setback in training, and we will have to deal with that.

“When you go to deadline day, it is always a risk.

“We did it and we have to manage the situation in the best way possible.

“Islam Slimani was positive and training really well but he felt this problem again.

“We have to make sure he is ok (before he plays).

“For teams at the bottom, every game is like a final. For us, for Bournemouth, it is a big test.

“We have to be sure that this one is an opportunity to get three points.

“As soon as you win a couple of games you go three or four places up the table.

Dubravka

Yedlin         Lejeune              Lascelles            Dummett

Diame         Shelvey

Ritchie                                                         Kenedy

Perez

Rafa's Mam

6 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

Dubravka

Yedlin         Lejeune              Lascelles            Dummett

Diame         Shelvey

Ritchie                                                         Kenedy

Perez

Rafa's Mam

So she is signed.:)

18 hours ago, trooper said:

Salami out for another 2 weeks i'm quite impressed we sold a striker to loan a striker who may not even play a game for us this season. :D

Mitrovic is on loan too, so all in all it's not really a drastic change of affairs.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Mitrovic is on loan too, so all in all it's not really a drastic change of affairs.

So he is Tom my bad even so, the main area we needed strengthened appears to have been weakned for X number of games 

• 3 weeks later...

Newcastle will try to land Chelsea winger Kenedy on a permanent deal.

Rafa Benitez will have to pay up to £15m for the Brazilian who has helped lift United away from relegation trouble.

Kenedy scored twice against Southampton at the weekend and has made six league starts – more than he made in two and a half years at Chelsea.

The 22-year-old has admitted he is open to the prospect of staying on Tyneside long term if they stay in the Premier League. 

Get him signed up. Never doubted him.

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he looks a big upgrade on atsu, could be a star for us

I think both Atsu and Ritchie have suffered at times by the lack of options, so they've played even when struggling for form. Wide players' form is always going to be a bit mercurial anyway, it's the nature of the position. With Murphy looking better all the time and if we could sign Kenedy it would mean we were starting to have some good options on the wings.