The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Next thing is,  you'll be hearing I've been asked to clean my boots.

And no doubt you'll read about me being asked to assist Rafa, apparently I pick better starting line-ups.

I'd take Atsu on loan with a view to buy. 

Worst thing about these ridiculous rumours is that in a few weeks time, the pundits and rent-a-quotes will be deriding deluded Newcastle fans for thinking they're going to sign Benzema, Fabregas, Toure, etc.

Ross Barkley has apparently been given a week to decide if he is signing a new contract with Everton.

No one has linked us or owt but that'd be nice. 

I'm not entirely sure he looks like a player who has the desire to become world class. He'd walk into our team of course but at what cost? I can see him going to a top six club and starting about ten games a season.

• Guest featured this topic

I think he'd consider it, he'd play a lot more here than any team in the top 6 and (possibly NUFC tinted specs here) are we less attractive than any of the rest of the league particularly? Are we less desirable than Bournemouth, Stoke or West Brom?

A year left on his contract would bring the price down, we could do with someone in that position and hes a step up in quality on what we have.

1 minute ago, Ant said:

Wouldn't make any sense for him to come here, it'd be a stretch to even call it a sideways move from Everton to us considering how they're doing in the league lately, bringing in Koeman, current squad before lukakau etc leave.

Benetiz is our draw but bringing in a 23year old international being linked with champions league qualified clubs in the same division is a tough ask tbh

Theres not a sideways from Everton at the moment (in England), look at the league they're 8th on their own by a mile on either side, well ahead of west brom, comfortably behind man u.

Which side above Everton is he going to where he'll play? Man U, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea.

They've all got better options or don't use his position.

Does Koeman just not fancy him then? I imagine he'll go somewhere like Man City and end up warming the bench for a couple of years before moving somewhere like stoke. 

I think he'd be great for us in that number 10 role. Not that I expect him to come. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

No, we don't need a number 10 do we

We do. Just maybe not a player who's not consistently performed for his home club.

Frankly we'd be better off chasing Sigurdsson, who's far better than our lot, at a club we could lure him from, has performed consistently and seems a model pro.

Edited by The Fish

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

We do. Just maybe not a player who's not consistently performed for his home club.

Frankly we'd be better off chasing Sigurdsson, who's far better than our lot, at a club we could lure him from, has performed consistently and seems a model pro.

Aye. Cmon the mackems tomorrow! 

what are the top websites used for this sort of news.

i use the sky football site and the chronicle (which is spotty for access), would appreciate any other reputable ones.

12 minutes ago, tooner said:

what are the top websites used for this sort of news.

i use the sky football site and the chronicle (which is spotty for access), would appreciate any other reputable ones.

www.twitter.com

7 hours ago, Ant said:

not linked or anything other than it looks chelsea will farm him out somewhere but i'd happily take Michy Batshuayi on loan tbh

Same, very good player.

Less likely than Barkley that one mind :razz:

39 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Josh King from Bournemouth apparently one of our priority targets.

Lot of clubs looking at him, hes had a good season but he really has only had one good season in his career to 25.

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Lot of clubs looking at him, hes had a good season but he really has only had one good season in his career to 25.

He's recieved praise in previous season too though, right?