The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

On 5/13/2017 at 5:17 PM, Andrew said:

Aye, but his goal scoring is almost entirely constrained to this year. 13 in his last 18 is great but it means he got 9 in he previous 49 for bournemouth.

Wouldn't want to see us spending on someone who has had a good period of form and nowt else.

To be fair, he's been playing in midfield for Bournemouth for his entire career til Christmas time.

Since he's moved to play as a striker his form has been prolific.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Even if he's just a squad player who can come off the bench and have a go at the opposition full back then it's absolutely fuck all in the current market. You also don't have the risk of not knowing what sort of character he is and if he's a good fit with the other squad members etc. I liked the look of him from the bits I saw of him last season fwiw. Also good to see us conducting business so early. Pre-Rafa you could imagine everyone involved in transfers going off abroad for a month once the season ended.

Then just before the window shuts 'couldnt quite get him over the line'

Edited by 247

Rafa said he wanted the majority of transfer business done in time for preseason training.  Not sure how realistic that is, but I believe he'll try.

4 hours ago, adios said:

Rafa said he wanted the majority of transfer business done in time for preseason training.  Not sure how realistic that is, but I believe he'll try.

He did it last season, although it maybe more difficult this time with the class of player he wants.

4 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Reports in Portugal linking Rafa with 23 year old Reuben Semedo, CB from Sporting.

I suggested the other day that we should just sign players who are good on FM, unfortunately Monaco scuppered our Youri Teilemans deal but its good to see we've picked ourselves up!

Yarmolenko to follow!

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I suggested the other day that we should just sign players who are good on FM, unfortunately Monaco scuppered our Youri Teilemans deal but its good to see we've picked ourselves up!

Yarmolenko to follow!

I've always wondered why he's never left Ukraine, I mind he was linked with Everton a few years ago.

3 minutes ago, Lackie92 said:

I've always wondered why he's never left Ukraine, I mind he was linked with Everton a few years ago.

I have too, Konoplyanka left for Sevilla a couple of years ago, I figured he'd be next.

Bit worse than 1 goal in 2 for Kiev from the wing and 68 caps 29 goals for Ukraine is not a bad record at all so he's obviously a good player, odd that he's not moved but I suppose someone like Darijo Srna never did either despite plenty of offers.

Just now, Andrew said:

I have too, Konoplyanka left for Sevilla a couple of years ago, I figured he'd be next.

Bit worse than 1 goal in 2 for Kiev from the wing and 68 caps 29 goals for Ukraine is not a bad record at all so he's obviously a good player, odd that he's not moved but I suppose someone like Darijo Srna never did either despite plenty of offers.

Yarmolenko had a decent Euro 2012 for Ukraine as well if I remember correctly and he had some exposure within the last few years in the CL and the Europa League too, so it's not like he's completely unknown.

Looks like he's a bit of a hot head though, he has some beef with the captain of Shakhtar and last season he kicked fuck out him during their derby and got a big suspension. :lol:

She thinks there's no other person in the world to match me. She's only human.

Even people with their finger on the spot, as Alan Oliver used to say, have Leighton Baines moments.

On 8/25/2015 at 2:41 AM, McFaul said: 

Memories! :D

We certainly should be avoiding trophy signings.

We want players who want to play for this club and who are actually top quality  as it stands, not as they were once.

There's nothing wrong with having one experienced player/motivator who is respected by players.

A Carrick or someone like that. Someone you know will do their job on and off the pitch.

I'd rather we build quality whilst adding a few experienced prime players into the mix as the seasons move on, to gain strength in depth that way, which will give us a much better chance of actually making headway up that table...especially with a manager like Benitez at the helm.

11 minutes ago, wolfy said:

We certainly should be avoiding trophy signings.

We want players who want to play for this club and who are actually top quality  as it stands, not as they were once.

There's nothing wrong with having one experienced player/motivator who is respected by players.

A Carrick or someone like that. Someone you know will do their job on and off the pitch.

I'd rather we build quality whilst adding a few experienced prime players into the mix as the seasons move on, to gain strength in depth that way, which will give us a much better chance of actually making headway up that table...especially with a manager like Benitez at the helm.

trophy signings? I've never seen us win a trophy tbh, therefore I think they're made up.

One of those transfers that I can't get excited about, but I'm not disappointed either.

Quick, sensible business... it's not sexy, is it? :lol:

I wasn't sure if Rafa was overly keen on him at first, but lately he's been given a run out and did very well.

Maybe Rafa and him have had words and we will see the best of him against much better players.

The positive side is the fact that he wants to sign for us permanently, from a club like Chelsea.

We definitely need plenty of pace and for the price, it's no real gamble, because we can get that back at the very worst.

The other plus is,  if Rafa trusts him, then I'm happy enough with that.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

One of those transfers that I can't get excited about, but I'm not disappointed either.

Quick, sensible business... it's not sexy, is it? :lol:

First of many, though

But aye its a bit like a rich tea biscuit