The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

£30m gauranteed goals and assists and addresses the huge problem we have at #10, where both options were disappointments even in the championship. I can't think of anybody better that we could get for less tbh

Keita has 8 goals and 8 assists in his first proper season at Leipzig. Has a good engine and can pass and tackle and burst forward from midfield. He would be a good 10 even though now he is a CM. Even though there are PL clubs sniffing we could guarantee him game time as our squad isn't that sophisticated or deep yet.

Think Gylfi would require silly money.

Edited by Park Life

3 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Keita is going to be shit hot. Only 22.

He's beyond our reach.

RB have just finished in the CL spots in the bundesliga and have loads of money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He's beyond our reach.

RB have just finished in the CL spots in the bundesliga and have loads of money.

They all want to come to the PL.

7 minutes ago, Ant said:

Keita is brilliant but he's not going to leave a champions league qualifying, bundesliga contesting side for us , he'll end up at munich like anyone else who threatens them lol

Sigurdsson is class but again i don't see him coming here he'll have better options with euro teams ,  the only upside with him is Rafa is a draw and could possibly talk players like him round and the fact the last time he went for the "dream move" spurs in his case it was a bit of a downer.

He'll easily be £20m or more but he's fantastic  

We're only discussing players we definitely won't get. Have you read the thread? :razz:

49 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Have to say we're far more likely to go for a foreign, overseas model.

At £20m maybe we can make that work but still...

This

Sigurdsson would be one of our most exciting signings for a long time but he'd cost far too much when like you say, we'd probably rather spend £15-20m on a #10 from abroad

7 hours ago, The Fish said:

Nope, genuinely didn't. Tried to pay for my coffee this morning with my Oyster card. Which you can't do. It has no money on it anyway. Because I live in Manchester. And have done for about 9 months.

:lol:

1 hour ago, 247 said:

This

Sigurdsson would be one of our most exciting signings for a long time but he'd cost far too much when like you say, we'd probably rather spend £15-20m on a #10 from abroad

In the past aye. Both of Rafa's big money signings were from the Premier League last time and I think that'll continue. Why gamble £10-15m and risk it going tits up? May as well pay the going rate for proven for peace of mind

3 hours ago, Howay said:

Are they not asking something like 20m for Cairney? I'd rather us spend that money (plus however much over that) to get someone like Sigurdsson.

Maybe Cairney could make the step up but I just feel we could attract players who have done it at the PL (or comparable) level. I don't really rate Mooy, from what I've seen of him I think Shelvey is better and as Andrew said younger. He'd be fine as back up (clear upgrade on someone like Colback) but I can't really see us spending 10m on a back up. 

I think that was the inflated quote because it was the January transfer window. If we bid something like £10m then they would accept it - I don't think he would be worth it right enough.

2 hours ago, Park Life said:

If we're going to spend that kind of money then this is the man for our midfield.

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/noblsp-ten-things-on-rb-leipzigs-new-african-star-naby-keita.jsp

1106600_imgw968.jpg

Not listening to any scout reports from you sunshine. Not after the Sissoko debacle.

;)

1 minute ago, adios said:

All those bananas get expensive though.

He only plays for Platanias in greece, can't imagine him costing that much.

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Agreed. Who needs a Drogba, Yaya, Mahrez, Aubamayang or Mane in their team 

Suppose if you're Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Dortmund and can cover them with somebody better than Perez when they fuck off for a month+ at a crucial, congested part of season it's alright.