The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Suppose if you're Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Dortmund and can cover them with somebody better than Perez when they fuck off for a month+ at a crucial, congested part of season it's alright. 

Its only every two years, there won't be an AFCON to worry about next season.

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He only plays for Platanias in greece, can't imagine him costing that much.

Oof! :lol: 

Bournemouth are bidding £30 million for Nathan Ake and Begovic from Chelsea.

If that's the sort of value that is in the PL market this summer then we need to readjust our expectations of how much someone like Sigurdsson would cost tbh.

And more importantly, readjust our expectations of how feasible he is to buy in the first place :lol:

If Bournemouth are spunking £30m on those two, we'd get far better value for money outside the PL.

There is a ridiculous premium buying good players within the PL.

Benitez has a good black book and excellent contacts in Italy and Spain. Think this is where the business will be done.

Edited by Park Life

56 minutes ago, Park Life said:

There is a ridiculous premium buying good players within the PL.

Benitez has a good black book and excellent contacts in Italy and Spain. Think this is where the business will be done.

Too many people still nervous about those markets because of Carr's missteps. I think Carr's big black book, + Benitez being in charge means we won't be buying Cabellas or Rivieres, it'll be players fit for purpose.

Bournemouth spent £15m on Ibe last summer after selling us Ritchie for £12m. They are stupid. Signing from abroad is cheaper but a bigger gamble. Gamez, Lazaar and Selz were his only signings from abroad last year. All shite. We're in a position where we need know we're getting quality otherwise we could be in trouble. So I expect the club will be paying the premium to make our biggest signings from this country to reduce that risk. Much like they did last summer with Ritchie and Gayle.

I'm right.

Lazaar is such an odd one, 4 league sub appearances all season, I don't recall him looking particularly awful in the cups, just rusty due to lack of games.

Reports are we'll announce our second signing this week, Gabriel Pires from Leganes.

He's a Brazilian attacking midfielder so that's exciting I guess. 

Also we're maybe in for Andre Grey from burnley who I don't particularly rate. 

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Reports are we'll announce our second signing this week, Gabriel Pires from Leganes.

Just crap Dwight Gayle. Shite Gayle if you will.

He's quick but that's all really and he relies on that too much, his touch is naff, he gets caught offside loads and his finishing is inconsistent.

I'd really hope for us to be going big and getting better if we're signing a striker.

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

Brazilian, twats it top bin from 40yds, bit slopey shoulders when it comes to defensive responsibility?

You'll do for me bonny lad.