The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

On 05/06/2017 at 3:19 PM, Ayatollah Hermione said:

My mate's company handles our official e-mail marketing and they cancelled a meeting on Thursday since they were busy finalising paperwork for a communication to be sent out tomorrow so someone may well be announced then. Either that or they're showing off the new away kit.

Or it may have been us playing Bradford away in pre-season :lol: That's his one chance done.

30 minutes ago, strawb said:

Released Anita and Sammy along with a few kids. Discussing extending gouffrans contract

Can half see why Gouffran might get another year since I imagine he'll be used as a late sub/desperate cover and still has a bit of strength and pace about him. In a team that is looking to sign a right-back and a central midfielder, no way do I keep Anita

Personally think Anita is a better option that Colback but I'm not particularly arsed. Just surprised we have voluntarily gone down to shelvey, Hayden and colback as our only central midfielders 

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Fulham manager saying they've rejected a £20 mil bid for Tom Cairney.

Frightening if it's true.  What would we have to pay for a quality player with a bit of pedigree in that position.

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Frightening if it's true.  What would we have to pay for a quality player with a bit of pedigree in that position.

I'd prefer us to spend a little more and get someone we know will do what we need. Sigurdsson wouldn't be much more than £30m, right? That, to me, makes more sense than a £20m gamble on a 26yr old who's never done it in the top flight.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd prefer us to spend a little more and get someone we know will do what we need. Sigurdsson wouldn't be much more than £30m, right? That, to me, makes more sense than a £20m gamble on a 26yr old who's never done it in the top flight.

Everton had a 25 million bid accepted a month or so ago I think but that never went anywhere

13 hours ago, Andrew said:

Everton had a 25 million bid accepted a month or so ago I think but that never went anywhere

Well Gylfi for £25m is a much, much better deal than Cairney for £20m.