The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

29 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

This is the market were currently dealing in.

Ryder claiming Rafa had a nibble but was put off by the price tag for a 20 year old without a full premier league season under his belt. If true I don't blame Rafa or Ashley tbh. 

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Well if Carver says it's all going to be ok, who are we to criticise :lol:

And if the Sun says he'll walk...

1 hour ago, Ant said:

yup absolutely crazy money, it's not just here though , Salah is a good example, brought to chelsea for around £10m, loaned out as he wasn't upto scratch for two seasons, sold to Roma for 15m euro last summer, a year later is now 40-50m euro for liverpool.

He had a good season but fuck me, one good season now turns players into world class signing money.

Mbappe is the pinnacle of it, monaco knocking back 90m bids ffs for a lad who has had literally one senior season under his belt

Keita is one as well, one season of playing in the Bundesliga and Liverpool are winding up to spend 70 million on him.

There's not many that can make the Sun look like a shining bastion of journalistic brilliance but Carver is certainly in that abortion bucket.

10 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

This tbf.

We have to sign players after letting people go, but I am not concerned yet.  Are fans of other clubs who havent signed anyone pissing their pants yet?  I doubt it.

No but they havent the record our directors have. Its already getting late, you call it bedwetting i call it denial. Rafa was clearly wanting to build his team during the second stage of the championship, already we are running out of time to realistically expect anyone to assimilate with the squad.

oh and fish, yeah was a bit over the top, im sure we will sign someone, but i suspect it wont be enough or of the quality we need.. weve lost a few we've released with no replacements imo.

soz lads, but why expect different outcomes from identical situations. The best I hope for is that the lack of signing is down to a new owner coming in.

Edited by scoobos

Rafa is walking?

Well as expected the rumours have started due to the lack of activity in the transfer market.

This wanting to pay a buy-out clause in installments when it's less than 9m would give me itchy feet.

Of course we have no idea what's going on behind closed doors, and we have no idea if any concrete bids have been made for players of Rafa's choosing, and who they are.

What we do know is that Rafa's plan to bring players in early in the summer window has not happened, and we have no idea if any are coming. We can only hope there will be additions and they will be of better quality than what we have.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-wants-business-done-13094204

This from the Chronicle on May 27th

"Benitez is  once again foregoing his summer break in order to build his Newcastle united squad"

"Wants the majority of his Newcastle United recruits signed up by pre season - just like last season"

"Benitez is in a rush to get things sorted as soon as possible"

"He wants pre season to be as intense & important as it was last season"

The bloke has put his cards on the table for us all to see. He's said what he wants & when he wanted it the fact that we haven't signed anyone should be a cause for concern. At the minute we have a world class manager on par with Keegan & SBR (loves the club & the fans) lets face it we've had some crap but if they're not going to back him what's the point of him staying. If Rafa does walk we all know were the blame lies.

46 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He's not walking. Don't know where that came from 

Came from an article in the Chronicle by Lee Ryder refuting something posted in the 'Sun' about Rafa walking.

3 hours ago, strawb said:

Is he walking? What counts as early doors? Have any of these rumours been substantiated?

you are right though, we do have no idea what is going on

Spot on. 

Fellow promoterees Brighton and Huddersfield have each signed 2 players.

Both have signed a Goalie and a Midfielder.

Huddersfield have Mooy & Lossi, while Brighton have Ryan & Gross.

We got Atsu and neebuggerelse at the minute. 

The concern is Rafa wanted them in early he's obviously had targets. The fact that not one of these has been met before pre season is the  worry. He gave up his holidays again to make sure things were done & so far we've seen sod all except securing Atsu. 

51 minutes ago, trooper said:

He gave up his holidays again to make sure things were done & so far we've seen sod all except securing Atsu. 

Rafa may have given up his holidays but most managers and players are on breaks at the moment and it's tough to agree deals it that situation.

13 minutes ago, strawb said:

And again, what constitutes early?

he wanted the majority of signings before pre season started just like last season

21 minutes ago, trooper said:

he wanted the majority of signings before pre season started just like last season

And has preseason started yet?

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Rafa may have given up his holidays but most managers and players are on breaks at the moment and it's tough to agree deals it that situation.

Agreed but i would imagine Rafa's been tracking these targets for months & would have been eager to do deals as soon as the last season finished. Obviously none of us know whats happening hopefully things will be clearer if there's a press conference after Mondays training session.

I don't know what I think, because I don't have all the information needed to make to reasoned judgement.

i would prefer to have had 8 new signings by now obviously, but wamping on like we are going to sign no cunt and Rafa is going to leave isn't going to make the signings happen any quicker.

• Like 1