The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

49 minutes ago, ewerk said:

One league goal in the last two seasons. It'd be a bit of a risk.

He hasn't played much since he left us, has he?  He did a great job for us while he was here.  In any event, two weeks to go boys.  Two weeks.

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Lucas Perez from Arsenal looks the same as Remy 2 premiership games & 1 goal last season

Lucas Perez is the only striker we could get that would be capable of scoring 20 goals a season for under £20 million. He scored 17 goals and got 10 assists for a bottom half Deportivo side (hence why Arsenal signed him), those stats saw Mahrez get prem player of the season and also if you bother to read forums you'll find arsenal fans rate him, Spanish fans rate him he is respected as a top forward just got ruined by Wenger as have many other players over the years, if we get him it would be huge for us

15 minutes ago, copperd123 said:

Lucas Perez is the only striker we could get that would be capable of scoring 20 goals a season for under £20 million. He scored 17 goals and got 10 assists for a bottom half Deportivo side (hence why Arsenal signed him), those stats saw Mahrez get prem player of the season and also if you bother to read forums you'll find arsenal fans rate him, Spanish fans rate him he is respected as a top forward just got ruined by Wenger as have many other players over the years, if we get him it would be huge for us

When Lucas Perez signed for Arsenal a year ago, fair to say their fans were a little underwhelmed.

Hoping for star signings that were a level above some of their first teamers, the £17m capture puzzled the Gooners, further fanning the flames of the Wenger-out faction.

Not sure Arsenal fans do rate him never mind back to your blue pop & cheesy chips

10 minutes ago, trooper said:

When Lucas Perez signed for Arsenal a year ago, fair to say their fans were a little underwhelmed.

Hoping for star signings that were a level above some of their first teamers, the £17m capture puzzled the Gooners, further fanning the flames of the Wenger-out faction.

Not sure Arsenal fans do rate him never mind back to your blue pop & cheesy chips

:lol: this guy.

Player starts 2 league games for arsenal last season, manages less than 300 minutes and he's coming out with "Arsenal fans rate him" as if they've seen much of him anyway.

He'll be back to talk about "research" or "evidence" in a minute as if claiming arsenal fans rate him qualifies as such with nothing at all backing it up, maybe a youtube highlight reel.

2 hours ago, copperd123 said:

Hes the only striker we should buy then, I'm sold.

I wouldn't be against having another punt on the mercenary twat remy. He was mint when he was with us. Him and Gayle vying for a starting position in Rafa's favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, looking to get in behind. Mitro on the bench if we need to go a bit more direct. 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I wouldn't be against having another punt on the mercenary twat remy. He was mint when he was with us. Him and Gayle vying for a starting position in Rafa's favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, looking to get in behind. Mitro on the bench if we need to go a bit more direct. 

If wages have been the blocker to us making certain signings so far then Remy is 100% not viable, like you said, he a mercenary.

Striker is going to be a very hard spot for us to fill with anyone familiar to the fans since prices and wages have gone mental and we don't have last seasons PL money to give us a leg up.

I've no idea who I'd even suggest for a made up twitter rumour that could sound plausible (and not shit), nevermind the club actually making the signing.

I'd love for him to come back and fulfil his potential with us but if I was a betting man, I'd wager the reason he's a perma crock is he doesn't look after himself off the pitch. So regrettably, we should probably look elsewhere. His wages will probably be beyond us too, innit.

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I'd love for him to come back and fulfil his potential with us but if I was a betting man, I'd wager the reason he's a perma crock is he doesn't look after himself off the pitch. So regrettably, we should probably look elsewhere. His wages will probably be beyond us too, innit.

Tbh, if you'd go for Remy you might as well go for Carroll, neither have played much football in the last couple of years nor are likely to play much in the next couple. I wouldn't take either and I liked them both up here as players but pointless paying someone fortunes to not be available or not be match fit on a regular basis.

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Tbh, if you'd go for Remy you might as well go for Carroll, neither have played much football in the last couple of years nor are likely to play much in the next couple. I wouldn't take either and I liked them both up here as players but pointless paying someone fortunes to not be available or not be match fit on a regular basis.

Carroll has always struggled with injuries throughout his career though hasn't he? As far as I'm aware, last season was Remy's first like that.

Shame haidara looks like he's on his way too. Always thought he liked like he had more promise than Dummet at left back, more of an attacking fret at least. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

is that the striker that radgie newbie keeps banging on about us signing? 

Yeah keeps going on about this other Perez Arsenal paid £17 million for him to play 2 games & score 1 goal. He said he was "rated" by the Arsenal fans  he wasn't like. I'd imagine Arsenal wanting a fair bit of that £17 million back for him i dont think he's the answer for us.