The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Barely a week left in the window and we're hoping to lay off half the squad then get in replacements. Typical nufc efficiency. Queue the excuses about being held to ransom on the last day of the window.

13 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I obviously hope you're right and he is capable of being a decent premier league striker, but what do you base that assessment on? A few appearances off the bench for stoke and a meagre goal return, or do you know something the rest of us don't?

He looks and works like a proper striker.

He does not look out of place up front whereas too many of our strikers seem lack confidence to take on any snippet of an opening or chance no matter what.

This fella seems to show a confidence and overall ability to create and score.

I get a better feeling from this player at the club than I have done for many a forward we've had of his stance.

I reckon he could work wonders with Gayle.

A bit like  a Bellamy and Shearer effort on a diluted scale.

Am I being a bit too optimistic?

Maybe, but I have a hope about Rafa using a strike pair but I also have a hope that Joselu is given the chance to show what he's all about and not just used as a striker who has to go hunting for scraps.

My feel good factor on Joselu is extremely high.

12 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Yep, every single club in the division has broken their transfer record in the last 2 years. We broke ours 12 years ago. Also, our highest fee is dwarfed by the highest fees of the following...

Watford
Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Southampton
Everton
Leicester
Spurs
Arsenal
Chelsea
Stoke
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace
West Ham

Are they all owned by oligarchs and SOVVERRRRINNN STAYYYYTES

No they aren't b t then again they also don't have a NE1 postcode.

I'm sure we will break our transfer record soon enough but smashing it will also smash our wage paying record, which stands at Owen doesn't it?

Once that starts then we'd better buy in players who fall in love with the club from that point on, or we're in trouble.

Most of those clubs above will fall apart at the seams soon enough if they keep up their silly money deals.

48 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Barely a week left in the window and we're hoping to lay off half the squad then get in replacements. Typical nufc efficiency. Queue the excuses about being held to ransom on the last day of the window.

A few reasonably high wage earners who are surplus to free up space is all we require.

Riviere.... Simply below standard in all departments. A duffer.

Haidara....A constant sick note and made of glass but potentially decent left back, if fit, which means he has to go.

Krull.... I don't know what's went on with him and it's a head scratcher but he wants out it seems, so I'm surprised he's not been snapped up...unless we're asking too much, which I doubt considering this transfer market madness.

I haven't seen enough of the rest of them to make any real assumptions as to whether they can do a little job for us when badly needed.

Saivet... It's easy to say he's crap but from the little I saw of him, I wouldn't be too worried about not getting rid immediately.

Lazaar... I have even less clue about this lads ability to cut it but I can't see his wages being any issue.

Gamez... Same sort of thing although from what I've seen he's also not an immediate panic button transfer out.

Colback... Hasn't pushed on to better things like I believed he would when we first signed him and would be a big wage free up and should be fairly easy to move on.

Hanley... Hasn't really done a lot wrong since he came and has been ready to do a job when required in the championship.

However, I think the championship is about his mark to be fair.

8 players that we can afford to lose as long as half are replaced.

More realistic would be 5 players released with maybe 2 more in, with the rest either loaned out or sold off in January...or in the summer.

Benitez needs to stop whining and understand that he came to the club with the mercenaries it had and went down with the club with those same mercenaries and underachievers.

He stayed for the championship season and to start a rebuild for that championship fight, with his players.

He now has to get rid of those players, plus the surplus dross he walked into.

He's a top manager but he's not at a top club....yet.

He's at a club that is trying to make its way into the premier league and stay there, under his guidance and with the budget he's been told he's got to work with.

It was always going to be a troublesome effort to up a gear from the championship back to a premier league scrap in terms of player purchases, especially at inflated prices.

He's bought in what he identified whether he argues about whatever pecking order choice they came down to.

He's not in any real position to expect to go hammer and tongs at an attempt to sign players no matter what the cost or wage issues to get a first choice over the line.

He needs to earn that right by steadying his own ship so that potential future identified players will feel that the club under guidance is an attractive proposition for them to grow with.

You'd like to think we have a number 10 lined up if de Jong goes. I always thought he had potential but you can't argue with getting shot of someone who never started two games in a row*. As for Riviere, I honestly can't think of a worse signing in our history. His only goal was a miskick.

* This may not be true. But I reckon it is.

2 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Cue.

Sorry.

18 hours ago, wolfy said:

He's far from any major improvement on anything we've got. He's also a whining prick.

Not like me to engage in argument over hypotheticals, but are you really saying Snodgrass isn't a major improvement on Perez or Diame at number ten?

Edited by rogerbarton

4 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

Not like me to engage in argument over hypotheticals, but are you really saying Snodgrass isn't a major improvement on Perez or Diame at number ten?

Not exactly. I'm saying that Snodgrass would do more harm than good in my honest opinion.

2 hours ago, wolfy said:

He looks and works like a proper striker.

He does not look out of place up front whereas too many of our strikers seem lack confidence to take on any snippet of an opening or chance no matter what.

This fella seems to show a confidence and overall ability to create and score.

I get a better feeling from this player at the club than I have done for many a forward we've had of his stance.

I reckon he could work wonders with Gayle.

A bit like  a Bellamy and Shearer effort on a diluted scale.

Am I being a bit too optimistic?

Maybe, but I have a hope about Rafa using a strike pair but I also have a hope that Joselu is given the chance to show what he's all about and not just used as a striker who has to go hunting for scraps.

My feel good factor on Joselu is extremely high.

If you have a good feeling about him, you must be right.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

If you have a good feeling about him, you must be right.

It's not just about having the good feeling, it's about watching him play and seeing how he has the potential to turn into a top player if provided with the service.

All I'm saying is, given the right service from a positive team mindset, then he could thrive in front of our fans and become a legend.

I think he has a lot more than what we've been used to for long enough in terms of all round ability.

A proper striker.