The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Reckon it's swung back with Dummett to the point where he's getting undeserved criticism. He's a country mile ahead of shit like Haidara and gets on and does an unglamorous job with little fuss. I'd like him to bomb on more too but I think people are stuck in their 2015 appraisals of him and, whether through not watching him live last season or previous bias, refuse to accept how he's improved under Rafa.

There does seem to be a trend to be hyper critical of players. If they're not the complete footballer they're dogshit. If they're 24 but haven't yet perfected their art they're a lost cause.

Dummet can defend but offers next to nowt going forward, can't pass or cross and frequently leads to moves breaking down. 

I've always thought he might have a future as a centre half but it speaks volumes that he's been first choice left back now for about 3 seasons. In the modern game, with inverted wingers and wide players who like to tuck in, you need your full back to provide width, and be capable of overlapping and whipping balls in. 

10 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Reckon it's swung back with Dummett to the point where he's getting undeserved criticism. He's a country mile ahead of shit like Haidara and gets on and does an unglamorous job with little fuss. I'd like him to bomb on more too but I think people are stuck in their 2015 appraisals of him and, whether through not watching him live last season or previous bias, refuse to accept how he's improved under Rafa.

Yep

4 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Looking like a potentially active Deadline Day for us. Cans and Sky Sports News all day for this slob.

Might join you with a couple of bottles of wine. :nufc:

And you can zip it, eberk. <_< 

It's classic Ashley. We had the momentum after promotion but instead of investing to kick on, he pleads poverty. You can guarantee he will find money for panic buys in January if we're in the relegation mix, which we probably will be given the way this window has gone. And so the circle continues.

2 hours ago, trooper said:

You can see a last minute deal for Gayle coming off tomorrow night now that Mitrovic's got a 3 match ban. Leaving us with Joselu as our only striker

Suicide watch :lol:

9 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Grzegorz Krychowia and Renato Sanches to WBA and Swansea respectively, fucking hell great signings them even if they are a loan.

Does this mean James Morrison is available for a return to his native north east though? #dominoeffect