The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

2 minutes ago, adios said:

Don't worry, troops, nearly 8 hours to sign 4 players yet.

Yeah i know :icon_lol: why should we care obviously Ashley & co dont

Edited by trooper

It's fucking incredible that they're using the fact that we were in the Championship last year as justification for not investing so what we're going to be left with is a squad that could very well end up in the Championship again next season. 

I REALLY dont get it.

Last season when it was buzzing, the stands were packed.  With that there are people spending on pints, pies, memebership, kits, other stuff etc.

So as a businessman, surly you do everything you can to keep one of the best managers in Europe happy.  But Nooooooooooo lets fuck it up.

Like Ewerk said, doesnt have to be £100m FFS

3 minutes ago, adios said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was naive enough to believe there might actually be a couple of signings this week.

It was obvious there wouldn't be. It's not the Ashley way. As unbelievable as the lack of investment is, it's all too predictable based on previous history.

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I REALLY dont get it.

Last season when it was buzzing, the stands were packed.  With that there are people spending on pints, pies, memebership, kits, other stuff etc.

So as a businessman, surly you do everything you can to keep one of the best managers in Europe happy.  But Nooooooooooo lets fuck it up.

Like Ewerk said, doesnt have to be £100m FFS

Club makes fuck all on spending in the stands.  They sold off all of the concessions a few years ago.  One of the reasons the clubs income went down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It was obvious there wouldn't be. It's not the Ashley way. As unbelievable as the lack of investment is, it's all too predictable based on previous history.

I'll admit I thought he actually might have learnt his lesson from the previous relegations and appreciate what he has in Benitez (no one expected a fortune to be spent despite what some knackers claim) but it's looked less and less likely for a while now.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I'll admit I thought he actually might have learnt his lesson from the previous relegations and appreciate what he has in Benitez (no one expected a fortune to be spent despite what some knackers claim) but it's looked less and less likely for a while now.

Thats the worst part isnt it, you think he may FINALLY have learnt a thing or two. After getting someone like Benetiz in. His interview cleared that up though and it was pretty clear from then onwards that he's as stupid as ever.