The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

The money in this window has been truly mental, I'll grant, but there were bargains to be had. Martins Indi at 7m, Gibbs at 7m, Jota at 6m, even Wood at 15m wasn't atrocious value for money, he's probably better than Mitrovic will ever be and we paid 12m for that plank. All of those players would've improved the squad. Grosicki was another good option who wouldn't have broken the bank. Ryad Boudebouz moved for pennies. Snodgrass on loan wouldn't have lit the world aflame but probably would've improved us. None of those would've even scratched our 12-year-old record signing.

Basically there are no excuses for this travesty. Everything we and Rafa were told was lies. The war chest was bullshit, sell-to-buy (which Rafa admirably did, an entire XI of absolute deadwood was shifted this summer, some of which I will grant he bought) was also bullshit, wipe our own noses was bullshit, it was all lies from the start. Just another day at NUFC. 

Edited by acrossthepond
corrected word

Ok let's calm down a bit. No one really expected we'd do anything anyway ffs.

We still won't go down. And I'm sceptical about whether or not Rafa will just leave. Although if a better offer comes along we could be in trouble.

Just now, Rayvin said:

We still won't go down. And I'm sceptical about whether or not Rafa will just leave. Although if a better offer comes along we could be in trouble.

While we have Benitez. I suggest the first second you hear a whisper of a rumour about him going, you slap a sizeable bet on us being relegated. The odds will only shorten. 

Just now, Rayvin said:

The top & bottom of it is Ashley doesn't deserve to have Rafa as his manager.

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

The top & bottom of it is Ashley doesn't deserve to have Rafa as his manager.

This. I'm not even bother if we go down. We've fucked up another chance to kick on and it's always going to be the same. No point in staying up. Hope we go down and stay down until the fat shite has shit-out all of his sports direct shares in Aspers and sold us on the cheap to pay his lass who I hope leaves him again. Silly fat bastard. I don't even want Rafa to stay I'd feel bad for the guy going into a season staring at a relegation scrap. He'd keep us up but it's an insult the the blokes skillset

The one positive to come from all of this is the idea of Parky being in the know ha turned out to be about as credible as half the global MSM conspiracy crap he posts on general chat. 

Rafa had a plan, a project  i highly doubt he's that bothered now. After being told to stop talking about transfer money then todays fiasco. He can walk away from this club with his head held high & we all know who's responsible. I'd expect Rafa & his family to be having some serious conversations about  his future over the next couple of days.

18 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Our left back situation is the same/worse than what it was 2 years ago when we went down :lol:

Think the the squad in general on paper is weaker.  But we don't have the non tryers so much and at the moment a manager who can galvanise the group. Once he's got Gayle fit and focused after trying to sell him. And deal with Colback and Haidara etc. Lots to do.... point at Swansea then do the same to stoke as we did to West Ham and we'll have forgotten about this summer by mid Seotember, you'll see :D 

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Think the the squad in general on paper is weaker.  But we don't have the non tryers so much and at the moment a manager who can galvanise the group. Once he's got Gayle fit and focused after trying to sell him. And deal with Colback and Haidara etc. Lots to do.... point at Swansea then do the same to stoke as we did to West Ham and we'll have forgotten about this summer by mid Seotember, you'll see :D 

Someone's been on the happy pills. Did you not get the memo? It's depression central around here man